Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Yeah seriously, what's up with Florida?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

jackhunter64 posted:

Does anyone remember which episode had the bit about making a personal DVD to give to people?

Somewhere around 120-124, I think… I've been binging so I'm not sure.

Eee: I can't Google it though, but I'm sure I just listened to it six hours ago.

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 28, 2012

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

crimedog posted:

Normal, the date is the date of recording.

Yeah this confused me too fo a while, especially scrolling through them on older iTunes.

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Jonathan mentions at the end of the episode that they're going to start to drop on Monday again.

Where? That is awesome.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone got a list of Jonathan Lee Riches' appearances? I want to show a friend who that dude is and the wiki on their site is a pain to use.

E: Nevermind, I managed to beat the wiki into submission. Here it is http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Jonathan_Lee_Riches/

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 5, 2013

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Brinstar Brew posted:

I wikied him out curiosity and found:

His release date was April 30, 2012.[3] He was arrested for violating his federal probation in December, 2012, when he left the Eastern District of the state of Pennsylvania without permission. He allegedly drove to Connecticut and impersonated the uncle of Adam Lanza, the shooter in the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident.[4]

What a guy :allears:

Did the Lexington DA manage to get his letters screened or not? The stream of lawsuits seems to have subdued (given that he is back in prison).

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I'm not sure what this means, for reference.

Crazy beard dude.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

Dude is crazy for sure. I just wish that he had filed a suit against UYD, like Seth tried to do.

I don't know, maybe it's more self aware than just pure crazy?

On the other hand he's got no more than 2k viewers on any of his videos.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

Well, ok, that's kind of amazing.

Except for his beard which is freaking me out. He actually looks sane without it though.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Jippa posted:

New listener to the cast, coming over from the interview on wtf. I love having new podcasts where you can listen to the whole back catalogue.

UYD is fresh like that. Make sure you check out their clips from the studio. Their live stuff is alright but Seth is magic in the HBO clips.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Jippa posted:

My brain is scrambled from listening to both recent episodes and working my way up from 06 so I have no idea when this was.

I think it's a hilarious observation that in 10-20 years time, tats are going to be the complete opposite of what they once were.

It's going to be fascinating seeing how teenagers view them.

That everyone will have them?

I'm cool with that as long as is tats of Seth, Jah and UYD :911:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

That UYD Boat Anchor is kind of awesome.

Or the skulls on the merch they posted on Facebook!

gently caress now I want a UYD-tattoo.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Al! posted:

he has a fetish for cleaning ATMs and he's going to jerk off to those photos later?

Obviously he'll do a personal on Craigslist and find some buddies to jerk him off.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I think UYD would work better as a podcast in either of those games :colbert:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

Videogames' first dancecast.

No but seriously radio would gently caress up their groove completely, Jah & Seth are Rubens to our crayons.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

I know I'm late to the party but holy poo poo now I see it.

Also, my girl printed her own UYD tee for my birthday which was pretty awesome.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Binowru posted:

Jesus gently caress

Pretty much, I mean how loving stupid do you have to be to go on one of these? Especially when it's MADE OF WOOD.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

niethan posted:

gently caress receiving it those fuckers have entertained me for like six hundred hours, they can have a couple bucks

I'd like for them to have some way for us to donate money, but I think Seth is too proud? Maybe Jonathan should start a kickstarter to get Seth a new car…

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

You gotta go easy on her, she isn't a podcast pro who has survived dozens of diseases and psychiatric disorders, or the worlds greatest hippie. I don't really think it was a 'different times' thing though when it came to drinking while pregnant, although it was funny to hear her own up to it.

Don't gently caress with Marica, Seth was the best baby.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

I'd like to imagine that if Seth found this thread while cruising the monsterweb, that he would spend his whole afternoon reading it and looking like he does in that video.

UYD: Just handlin' some snakes here thinkin' about my podcast.

Seth would freak the gently caress out… I don't think they even like their own forums (which admittedly are way more crazy).

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Pompous Rhombus posted:

But this thread is old-school and respectful :confused:

Like a trucker killing prostitutes

Somebody in this thread posted a picture of his car parked outside his flat, I'll just leave it at that.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Will we see Seth moonwalk? I'm so excited for 400.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Oh my god. Give us the rest.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I loving love Seth.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Out of curiosity, what sort of situations/environments do you guys listen to UYD in? I used to binge through episodes on my headphones at my old desk job in the US when I first got turned on to the show (thanks to this thread or a previous incarnation). Now that I'm teaching in Japan it's usually around the apartment, favorite thing to do is throw an episode on, crack a beer, do some straightening up, and bask in the warm glow of two American Americans trying to save America from herself. I try to have a few un-listened to eps on my phone, so if I've got a walk ahead of me (like ~20 minutes to the center of town to drink), I'll pop an earphone in and listen to it on the way.

Today I had nothing to do at work, so I brought my needle and thread in and sewed up some warm pants I ripped last winter at my desk, listening to 398. They are pants of sincerity.

Same but whiskey. And not Japan but cold frozen hell. And not doing poo poo but lying in the sofa.

So good.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Mary pagan Christmas to all fuckers in this thread.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Somebody should tell Jonathan about this (SFW), so he can tell Seth on air.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Beeez posted:

I've heard enough Craigshouse that I could actually hear Seth reading those comments. This does need to be brought to his attention somehow.

With worse English than the Korean letters :3:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

Greg Proops and UYD are the only podcasts I listen to.

UYD only here. All others come across as forced.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Yeah, that's very true. They seem to obviously go out of their way to not include a lot of listener content (to say nothing of the lack of guests), and when they do mention stuff from listeners always in the most glossed-over, vague terms possible. I think it works pretty well.

Do NOT forget Marcia.

And they did air a call.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
UYD territory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26333076

quote:

According to prosecutors, Mr Warren's penis was tattooed with the phrase, "STRONG E nuf 4 A MAN BUT Made 4 A WOMAN", Reuters reported.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Which ep contains the story about the teenager who impersonated a cop and managed to get his own squad car?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Episode 152 has the initial report. Episode 159 has the followup where the Chicago Police Department admits that he did manage to get behind the wheel of a squad car and respond to five calls, one of which resulted in an arrest. 165 has the ultimate followup, where we find out this kid is some kind of mad genius.

He popped up a fourth time late last year, after he had turned 18 where he almost pulled the same stunt again but got caught trying to purchase a police uniform with forged documentation. I really wonder why the feds haven't recruited this guy yet - I mean, yeah, he's probably severely mentally unstable, but someone with the gall to take a woman's stroller and pretend to be the dad, in the heat of the moment, to throw the cops off his trail? That's the kind of guy you want in your deep cover program.

Very cool thanks.

E: that is the dopest kid ever, I mean holy poo poo what is he doing now?

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 27, 2014

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

C-Euro posted:

If you aren't busy right now, go listen to the last ~15 minutes of episode 178. So good.

E: After you do that, listen to Seth lose his mind over Pee Wee Herman and Co. in the middle of 179 :stare:

Yes but where? Those episodes are gone from iTunes…

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

flesh dance posted:

I don't know the specifics but there is an issue where the sheer amount of UYD reached critical mass and the entirety could no longer be contained on itunes. Jonathan mentioned wanting to sort it out, but that was a while ago and, y'know, Jonathan. :shobon:

Podcast Alley still has all the old eps up, though: http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=20249&allEpisodes=

Thanks friend, Podcast Alley will do.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

equity posted:

There was also a torrent of 1-400 posted a while ago.

That is way too unwieldy for my purposes but thanks.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
That is great, thanks!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Holy poo poo 429 is on point, Seth was on fire.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Jippa posted:

I loving love that seth left town for Y2K. I remember not even understanding what that meant at the time.

He is so crazy, that awesome poor old man...

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

niethan posted:

Someone in the states please call the voicemail and ask seth where he works

Please tell me so that I can drop by when I go stateside again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

GraPar posted:

430 is available (at least here for the moment)

It's on iTunes as well?