Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Blackula69 posted:

One thing, though - there's an episode with WYR when Scott says "Send your scenarios to me on Twitter, but only when I ask for them" and Chupacabra goes "Why, are you printing them out?" and everybody dies laughing. It was pretty recent, like maybe in the 80-110 range, but I can't find it. Anyone have a clue?

I know this was already mentioned as part of a PFT, Todd Glass, Andy Daly(August Lindt) episode but it was such a good line I can't even remember how many times I heard it. Everyone goes silent, Scott gives a groan like "Ugh I just got so owned", and Paul goes "TUTONIC BURN". It was so perfect.

Anyways, on the topic of PFT and his characters, I don't know if it is my favorite but Ice-T was weird for me. When I first heard it I was skipping around on episodes because I thought it was so dumb and bad, then when I got more familiar with the show and heard the PFT/James Adomian one I honestly thought to myself towards the end "Hey I think he does sound a lot like Ice-T..." when he still clearly doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Yannick_B posted:

Yeah it almost enhances his positive disposition to know his background. I liked him before, but now I'm convinced he must be a great guy.

For some reason he never clicked with me, even after enjoying a bit of The League, but when I heard his most recent CBB before this one, I was amazed at how nice of a dude he seemed. Like crazy genuine nice, this is good to hear.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Poopy Palpy posted:

Dude, his Foam Corner jokes aren't funny at all.

Yeah but his Phone Corner ones aren't too bad.

Edit: I'm looking for the episode with Phoam Corner where he says one and there is a pause, and the theme song immediately plays. They both crack up because it was such an awesomely timed drop. Anyone know the ep? Investigated myself, 2011 holiday spectacular, about 20 min in...So good.

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 1, 2012

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

PushingKingston posted:

A new clip of the CBBTV show is up here: http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/comedy-bang-bang-tv-zach-galifianakis.html

I'm almost disappointed it has the same name, because this isn't really like the show at all. Either way, I had a few chuckles, but I'm not as prone to Zach as some people may be.

For contrast, I think the first 1:07 of this video is like what I know and love about CBB(and Scott's relation with Bob)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrQeCu4-Dqc

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Gah I knew I should've gotten tickets to the Boston show...I'm 30 min away as well. I mentioned it to my brother when it was announced but we never followed up on it :(

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I would like to think that if I saw nick kroll I'd just do a very flamboyant "mmmmhmmmm hellooo" and he would go right into fabrice fabrice. If I wasn't on my phone I'd post that smiley with the hands under his chin

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I went to the second Boston show and man am I glad we for tickets to that one. Not a huge fan of Herzigova, so I was super happy to set time keeper. Can't underestimate how amazing of a punchline "watch dog" was.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Making it through utu22m for the first time after being a long time CBB fan. Up to Rattle and Hum, sad to rehear Harris' passing. Also at a few points it's a bit annoying that this was in the absolute thick of Scott's "jump on every single mispoken word or pause the other guy makes" phase, but overall amazing.

I'm excited to see how far down the rabbit hole this goes (especially knowing the big guest at the end).

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I like that you could tell Bobby definitely listens to the show somewhat regularly, following up the "nose" countdown with an "it's been awhile...since I heard that".

Surprised when some regulars don't seem to get oft repeated jokes outside their own eps.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

It is insane how good Tommy boy is on CBB.. And to get that type of performance out of Raj, whooooo baby

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 10, 2018

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

JethroMcB posted:

Gotta hand it to Reino for realizing "Hey if I just talk about the Pokemon universe and don't really exaggerate or change a thing about it I would sound like a fully realized alt-comedy character"

That's a good description of how I felt in his first appearance. Like after a while the joke was just "hey Hamm and Aukerman are like 50 and don't get all this stuff from a cartoon I watched as a kid"

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I thought it was fine and some of the interviews really made me laugh. Loved Will Ferrell playing himself.

I think a good indicator of it though is that my mom liked it, and she has no connection to even the original webshow. Just watched it cause David Letterman was in it, and she liked his Netflix show. To me it felt like it was going for a more for everyone movie, and not really a hardcore fan movie, even though it had it's little nods at times.

I think this is a big part of it, my wife had never really seen Between Two Ferns but when I was watching it she would laugh here and there at parts I thought were kinda meh.

I read a little bit of an interview with Scott and he said a lot of him and Zach's ideas went to Baskets and they were stuck thinking of a plot for quite some time, then Scott was watching Wayne's World and was like "oh I can just keep this really simple", so I think he went for mass appeal as well as not working very deep to make a great script.

I thought the directing was pretty good (at least not noticeably bad) though, which I have to imagine this is his first full length feature?

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's a bit in a Your The Man Now Dog, the new podcast with two of the four Teachers Lounge hosts (Dan Lippert [Todd Padre] and Ryan Rosenberg [Sam Weatherman]), where guest Jon Gabrus is pretending to be a shrink but is blanking on the name for the Manual of Mental Disorders (know as the DSM). After the scene has ended, Dan )the deep voiced Teacher) explains how he struggled as an improvisor to not jump in as a new character to provide this bit of trivia.

Since it took me two reads to get it as well....I think I translated it correctly

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

HH frequently takes about their contracts and they are paid a fee for doing their show, in addition to ad revenue. Sean once said it was enough to live on without doing anything else (or maybe the main version and the Pro version, idk) and so it has made him kinda lazy, but his wife is a lawyer I think and who knows what his lifestyle is.

However I believe Earwolf has been notorious for not paying guests

Also my educated opinion is that a lot of podcast networks are propped up with funny money like VC or debt fueled acquisitions that will dry up once capital becomes tighter and people no longer have easy money to support risky investments that turns out don’t actually make profit! So it is totally understandable for someone to try to create a new revenue stream that could be more stable.

Scott once talked about CBB the TV show actually never making money for IFC on an ad basis, but IFC could market it to cable providers as unique content that would drive subscriptions to the cable service, so it was something IFC felt they needed in their portfolio to get into Xfinity, Verizon, Dish, etc. Podcasts networks are doing the same

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

feedmyleg posted:

Absolutely.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8DWUq1AXmk

"It's not all good news, though..."

I was just thinking about this the other day. When I introduced people to CBB and they kinda got into it I’d play this for them. It is so loving good the timing is just unbelievable I could not stop listening to this bit for like 6 months.

If you’ve never heard the Brendon Small eps, definitely check them out, probably in chronological order.