Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I've been making my way through some of the older episodes, and holy poo poo at Reggie Watts blowing up Paul Giamatti with the loop machine. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Popelmon posted:

Which episode was that? That sounds amazing!

Episode 93, I believe it's the second time Adomian does Giamatti on the show.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I was hoping for Bjork, but she is probably best reserved to be with someone who rolls with the punches like Schwartz.

I think we'd all prefer the much more talented Ice Ben Schwartz.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I love Todd Glass's story in episode 116 about the guy saying "When I go to Queens I have a GOOD time!" His delivery of it every single time he says it kills me.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Holy crap, I'm listening to the first Little Gary episode. Incredible.

"It's gonna be real dirty crack, that's not gonna matter!"

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 26, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I want to see Wompler and Don Dimello together on the show. It would be the creepiest episode of CBB ever but it'd be hilarious.

OH GOD.

Edit: Carl would be furious.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

HERE IN BEAUTIFUL MEXICO CITY, MEXICO, CALIFORNIA.

I have so much to show you, brother!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Billy Crystal as Ghost President

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

WHEN I GO TO QUEENS, I HAVE A GOOD TIME

Listen, I understand that, I'm just saying the last time I went to Queens I had a so-so time.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Gerard Depardieu jokes absolutely killed me, especially Amy's very quick "Depar-don't."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

GraPar posted:

That politics 'sentence' was amazing, also laughed extremely hard at B.J. Novak's impression of Ron Goldman - "There is no way this is happening to me right now"

Can you imagine if Kareem Abdul-Jabbar came at you with a pitchfork?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Really? I thought Adam was alright, especially towards the end. I'd like to see him back with different guests, maybe a Bro-Down with Samberg and Bro.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

traveling midget posted:

TED!

That was extremely bliminal.

This and Adam's hissy fit at the end of Would You Rather? were my favorite parts.

"She's being a horrible bitch about this."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He sent me a text, it just says "Rasta Man."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"I've got two Grammy's!"
"Oh no..."
"Grammy Stallone!"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

I feel like The Calvins Twins episode is going to be forgotten in the Best Of episodes. It's May, time to start prognosticating.

FOLKS!

YOU GOTTA LAUGH!

Anyway, here's two horses punching each other to death!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Alex Borstein was good too. Not too many first time guests match Scott's wacky energy so quickly. I hope we see her on the show again soon.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I hope Middleditch has caught the CBB bug and starts appearing more regularly.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cloks posted:

The Little Boy Walker.

"Ahhh, but my job that day was not to tie my shoelace, my job was to walk a boy!"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

soggybagel posted:

John mulaney is funny. Weird how his show sucked.

I remember hearing other comics speak highly about the Mulaney pilot long before it found it's home at Fox, like at least a couple of years before. By the time it got to air, most of the jokes were recycled bits from New In Town. I actually enjoyed the next couple episodes after that, there were some good bits in them, but I feel Mulaney was trying so hard to be the next "Seinfeld" that no one told him it couldn't be the exact same show.

Anyways, I would love to see Mulaney host a QI-like panel show. Talk show host I don't see, but I think he'd do really well as the ringleader to a group of comedians.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

detectivemonkey posted:

Before I listen to this someone please let me know what percentage is about Jon Gabrus's quickly decreasing self-confidence. It's getting depressing.

Don't worry, one of these days he'll definitely get back into crossfit and rugby and stop eating 50 hot wings in one sitting.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Tweed Hoodie Baja?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yes, but on the other hand, it's good now.

Scott's music references are also good now. Specifically:

"Do you remember-"
"Your President Nixon?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

The first segment with Lauren had me dying on the way to work at 5am which probably had a little to do with why I thought it was so funny, a solid C+.

"It's the top of the hop-skotch, you fart" is such a wonderful sentence.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He could just use it to open the plug bag and then close it with the user submitted one.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cloks posted:

I know it's 2016 and comedy is supposed to be inclusive but I'm going to be honest, unlike the rest of you: I don't think Swamp Things can be funny.

What is your opinion of Moss Men?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's a good ep so far. He's enjoying the other guests a little too much but laughter is a good thing. And this is a pretty convincing Trump.

Yeah, Atamanuik's Trump is fantastic. And I've heard Gottfried laugh this much on every other podcast I've ever heard him on, he seems like a guy who just genuinely loving LOVES comedy.

EDIT: So is Adomian, who's cackling in the background throughout Gottfried's segment.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 4, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

I want him to double down on it and slowly kill every character that is ever on the show.

Then have Cake Boss on to conduct a mass seance.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I checked out the first episode of Idiotsitter and wasn't a huge fan, but I love Jillian Bell in everything else she's been in and I hope she's on the podcast more and possibly the new corner square in Irvin Kershner Presents Scott Auckerman's New Comedy Hollywood Squares.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah just goes to show that with the right performer, even a weak premise can shine. Good ep.

I really like Will Hines every time he's been on CBB, but I was worried that the premise of his character might be too thin to sustain an entire segment. Fortunately he was really good at playing off of Scott and Scott's silliness.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He never should have openly contested the theory that John Lennon was just Ringo pretending to be John Lennon.

Then again, that's exactly what Ringo impersonating John Lennon would say!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I think my favorite ongoing storyline in the CBB universe is the Car Contest. It kills me every time to hear the descriptions of the "drawing" or "hands on a hard body" contests.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Which one was this? Now that I know who the guy is, I might have to go back and listen to it.

I'm almost certain it's the one where James, David Cross, and Matt Walsh are on to promote the movie "Hits".

fake edit: Yup, episode 334 "The Dream Team"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I had to laugh

Folks,

You gotta laugh!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The episode where he's on with Paul Rust and Jon Daly is another stand out because no one could possibly resist the goofiness of those two. I think that's one of the few Video episodes of the show too.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ccs posted:

I saw Andy Daly isn't part of CBB World anymore, making it once again kinda annoying to access his podcasts. At least Bonanas For Bonanza seems to be slowly getting uploaded to Apple Podcasts again with ads so theres some way to share it with people.

The Wolf Dead

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

Donny Gary came up randomly on my youtube yesterday and I watched the whole thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyQcszvPShg

Forgot how often I used to sing "I never ever pay for sodaaaaa"

I RE UUUUUUUUUSE
MC DONALDS CUPS

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Lil' Gary is NOT an accurate representation of the homunculi community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Come to think of it, ice t is probably an impersonation pft shouldn’t have been doing

Not that he did it in a particularly offensive way but still

tbf i believe that's why he stopped doing it (along with the fact that he'd been doing it awhile and had run it's course)