Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Wasn't really trying to be sarcastic. It's just fun to play along with the show.

It's called "Yes, And."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Flying-Chip posted:

The only song I've liked on CBB was "The Monster gently caress". I could not breathe from laughing so hard.

It was a graveyard gently caress!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Jack Bandit posted:

Page six? I think she is not very funny!

Good One Robot is the best character ever and the burden of proof is on anyone who says otherwise.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The Capm posted:

I haven't listened to the Halloween episode yet but I really hope it features Suicide House. I loving love Suicide House. It's my favorite one off CBB bit.

Have I got some ghould news for you!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Analytic Engine posted:

Andy Daly is a master of "yes, and" and his friends know how to bring the best out of him.

The way he turned it on Mantzoukas was masterful.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Eltoasto posted:

They pretty much did the plugs in the beginning so not much reason to listen to the rest of it.

Plugs are pretty great on their own, but it's the What's Up Hotdog Memorial Plugs Theme Song that makes the section the best part of the show.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

FitFortDanga posted:

"What Am I Thinking?" is good once in a while. But they really have been overdoing it lately. They need to mix it up with more "Who Said It?", "Jukebox Jury", et cetera.

I would rather have Comedy Bang Bang move to an all What Am I Thinking format than endure another Jukebox Jury.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Yannick_B posted:

Ideally, Tom would be on the show too.

Because Tom loves podcasts so much.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

wafflesnsegways posted:

That's what I thought, but then they changed the name of stand up show too. So it's still confusing.

I get the feeling that what went down was the Scottabot and BJ Porter founded Comedy Death Ray together, then Saucerman used the same name for his radio show that Porter didn't have anything to do with. When the radio show became the flagship program for a podcast network, a lawyer or somebody said "maybe its name should be something you actually own for yourself." There was maybe a falling out or something that necessitated changing the name of the live show too. COMEDY DRAMA.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The_Rob posted:

I just wish they did getaway grandmothers club.

They only need to do it once, then it's stuck in your head for the rest of your goddamn life.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Riptor posted:

That's a real thing that real Busey does though

Ice T. doesn't really come up with unfortunately named get rich quick schemes.

edit: I'm dumb. The "though" at the end made me insert a "not" that wasn't there.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

dancehall posted:

Man, CBB has been in a slump lately. Still, the rap battles always make me laugh like mad.

It makes me nervous because those people will die -- will Paul stop doing them when that happens? Lithgow and A.L.W. are getting up there.

It probably makes me a bad person that the reason I dread the death of these people is that a comedian might stop impersonating them.

Cake Boss can talk to them with his Second Sight.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Teenage Fansub posted:

Am I alone in not being able to stand Greg Proops?
I thought he was the worst part of the Phantom Menace.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I miss the Dame Sir title.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Cacahuate posted:

Chupacabras hasn't been on the show for a while now, hasn't he?

Nick Kroll was on like 6 months ago, but he did his much worse Bobby Bottleservice character on that one. El Chupacabra isn't a very good character either, but Chupacabra's baby character is the best.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The_Rob posted:

Wait wait wait wait. How in the hell could anyone hate Harris? I am legit confused right now. Harris is an institution.

Dude, his Foam Corner jokes aren't funny at all.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Zsinjeh posted:

Yeah it needed that disclaimer, but it kept going and going.
"Ok cool, Ed will play a character live and it might be a it rough..."
8 minutes later
"Oh god this is going to be the worst episode ever produced"

WOULD YOU RATHER:
Have a 15 minute disclaimer before every episode, warning about the quality of the show
or
No characters on the podcast at all?
I'm opening the floor for questions

In the scenario with no characters on the podcast, do I have AIDS?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Fil5000 posted:

Ok, so is he directing me during the disclaimer? And am I hanging out with Ted Danson, Steve Guttenberg and Tom Selleck?

What I guess I'm asking is "Am I the baby from Three Men and a Baby in this scenario?"

No, but you are the ghost of the kid who died on the set.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Pretty sure the real reason scott sat on the episode is the butt plug line from the plugs theme.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I give that list mustard.

I give it shorts. It's almost pants, but it's missing a bit.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Scottrick's best nickname is "Scott"

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

SpacePig posted:

Scott used my catchphrase! I only just submitted it this week, but I guess he liked it! I really like Jason Mantzoukas, too, so this was a good episode.

Jesus, dude, how long did that take to write?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

"Nerd Poker" is the exact term I've always used to describe D&D to the uninitiated. Sure, it's got magic spells and orcs, but it's not about that any more than poker is about finding cards with the same numbers on them. It's an excuse to get people together for a few hours. And I'm pretty excited at the prospect of who Earwolf might get together for a few hours.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Magic multiplayer blows rear end and pairing off for two-player games doesn't make for quality hangouts.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Scott and/or Reggie are going to be on an earwolf podcast every day this week.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Jukebox Jury is so great just for hearing Scott get more and more depressed and disgusted as the songs go on.

I wonder why it is that they get so many good plugs songs but the general comedy songs they get are awful.

Because Plugs is the best part of the show and the comedy songs are the worst.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I was super bummed SPOILER ALERT FOR FAKE REALITY INTERNET SERIES that Kristen Bell got sent off so early.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I could lose everything Nick Kroll has done outside of Chupacabra calling Jon Hamm "Juan Jamón". I'm keeping that.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

RandolphCarter posted:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/introducing-rocky/

It also has Bill Carter Trainer of the Stars Seeking Stars.

.org

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Was this episode in the can for a bit or has Scott's "Bing it using google" goof really gotten CBB blacklisted from the Bing Blitz?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

My favorite thing about plugs is that sometimes the wierdo who has been annoying for an hour leaves the room and talented comedian Paul F.Tompkins comes by to delight us all.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The return of Jack 'sJunior and Brian Pieces is alright, I guess, but the return of the closing-up-the-plug-bag theme made my week.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

RandolphCarter posted:

Do you have any idea how much cake he has to make?

And on a deadline 1 to 2 days less than would be reasonable!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

If you skipped to the plugs you might want to go back and listen to the Martin Starr interview at the start of the show; he sneaks some plugs in early.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Popelmon posted:

I hope they do a Lizzy Caplan / Adam Scott episode now. They had amazing chemistry in Party Down and Bachelorette.

It's probably pretty weird that I was happy to learn that they were real life buds who go see movies together.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

dog poop n doritos posted:

I always thought about what I'd do if I were out at a theater and the Would You Rather music started playing and how I'd furiously look around for someone who might recognize it from CBB

Then I remembered the chances of me being in a theater like that are ~0%

Just start singing "Jeremy Piven" and see who sings along.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is this the first time Scott's had on more than one black person at a time?

Are we counting Key and Peele as one total black person, since they're each half black?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I'm not sure I can forgive Garry Marshall after the way he used Louie.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Teenage Fansub posted:

Does anyone enjoy the closing up the plug bag song? Unless he's gonna keep getting people to add to it I wish Scott'd drop it.

I'm honestly a bit surprised to learn that anyone doesn't. It's Ken Marino!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Analytic Engine posted:

"THAC0 is wacko" - Hasbro

Hasbro being an acronym for "Honestly, Anyone Seeing that Backwards Rule Once".