Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
That "Every Breath You Take" bit at the end is going to make a top notch ringtone once I decide who to assign it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Hi folks,

Some friends bought me and themselves tickets to CBB in Toronto for my birthday. They aren't familiar with Comedy Bing Bong. Could you suggest some of the best episodes for me to put together for them?

All the Womplers would be a good way to get current. My personal favorite other string of episodes would be all the Gillian Jacobs episodes. PFT/Bobby Moynahan ones are a close second.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

cams posted:

I feel like he buried the lead on his ability to alter reality with his songwriting.

He's so used to it he forgets that the new people he meets don't know about it already.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

And whatever happened to June and Casey? They never came back from the bathroom. I hope the guy that got Jineane didn't kidnap them too.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

That was one of the best bonus episodes yet. Usually they seem like the low-quality ones or the rushed episodes Scott does as a favor to let friends advertise their projects, but this one was amazing. I could listen to Scott and Lauren doing Todd all day.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Earwolf posted a teaser image of tomorrow's lineup: http://i.imgur.com/2zEdTyp.jpg
With so many people, it must be the Halloween episode!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

LockHeart posted:

Bjork is good too.

Good point, I think part of her appeal is she doesn't do songs though, just engages with Scott in a nice in-depth interview.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

All 3 of this week's guests were good background laughers, that makes every episode better.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Being able to tell what guests were coming up thanks to the background laughter was the best. I also love how big a fan PFT obviously is of the show.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I didn't remember F&P3 as being great but the clip in the best of cracked me up so I guess I'll have to check it out again. Also PFT's breakdown of the big 3 of podcasting was spot-on.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Well yeah, the quote he gave of me was from when the interview aired a year ago, and was referring to Joe Cronish, not Simon and Nick. I haven't listened to the episode with Jon Heder in a long time but I remember him being pretty game. He was on with Harris Wittels and Seth Morris, and it ran for 1:11, so maybe a little short but not much more than usual. The Joe Cornish/Edgar Wright one was 1:01.

I still kind of think it might be Joe Cornish, but Jon Heder is a possibility, I'll have to give that one another listen.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 9, 2014

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Pegg/Frost would be impossible, it took place after the interview in question.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

RetroHelix posted:

I have a tough time imagining that Edgar Wright is the type of person to rage out over not fully understanding a comedy podcast's format.

No one is saying this, so I think you're probably right.

The whole discussion is kind of frustrating since there's no way of telling who it is, Gobias really pulled a number on us here.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah Engineer Brett said a couple weeks ago that the shows were going to stereo and higher quality:
http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/15228-exciting-announcement-were-upgrading-earwolfs-sound/

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah Braunger was pretty garbage in an otherwise good show. I don't really like him that much at the best of times but he seemed like he was trying to WIN THE SHOW or something.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Thoogsby posted:

If you're looking for another dose of Matt Walsh today's I4H is especially hilarious.

And he's the guest on Never Not Funny this week. I always enjoy him on NNF because he and Jimmy are old friends.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

tnimark posted:

I regularly have moments watching TV or movies with friends or my former girlfriend whom I married where I start to say "oh cool that's (comedian/improviser I know from podcasts)" and I have to stop myself because nobody cares.

Yeah, this is me all the time. Like my wife and I went to see a movie the other day and during the pre-preview commercials stuff there was a little promo for Playing House and I said I was looking forward to seeing it and my wife thought I was messing with her.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah that closing sentiment-off was GOAT, I can't believe how quick PFT is.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

The Never Not Funny survey were very similar except with way more married people and people with children, it's Earwolf's dadchat podcast I guess.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

It's almost definitely Mid Roll, Jeff Ulrich's thing.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I thought Todd's pre-coming-out stories were super interesting, before he got in to territory he talks about all the time. Luckily I don't think that part lasted all that long before James started doing characters.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I kind of think it would be better if Scott didn't hold all the characters to such an official canon but on the other hand I'm not really sick of any recurring characters I can think of

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

The back half of this bonus episode was really good.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Front half underwhelmed. Joe is the nicest guest CBB has ever had, but his yes-and is so fast that there's no friction at all between him and Scott. A little "oh, yeah, I get it" is what Scott and PFT have and their dynamic is always conducive.

I agree but it's definitely worth going through the just-ok first half to get to the good second half, but I doubt it was ever bad enough for people to give up on it.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I think the thing that cracked me up the most about his CBB TV appearance was them coming back from commercial to Horatio out of character telling an SNL story.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

yeah that is really crazy

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

This also has Hayes doing a scathing impression of somethingawful's very own Greggy.

If there are any cops reading this, my question on that podcast was because of a specific request by agata for me to call in and make up a question she could give bad advice to.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

I'm happy sinbad is up there , that was the funniest Hollywood handbook I've ever heard

His Never Not Funny was really good too.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I like rap because I'm not a hundred years old

same but i am 100 years old

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Harry's razors are actually a really good deal, I love mine.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I'm with that too, and I'm a big HH fan. I really miss when they would break character after a bit.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I27J39oQUaw
its this song im pretty sure

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

And now all of the Superego archives, if you haven't heard them before.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Not officially, but as far as I know the unofficial ones this guy put together still work:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/408x5z/unofficial_howl_premium_rss_feeds/
Since you can still download everything from the source of the howl.fm page in exactly the same way as you could when it launched, I assume this guy's method hasn't been broken either.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I think you can cancel your Howl subscription and then resubscribe and put in a free month code (HOLLYWOOD for example) to get a free month if you didn't use a code when you signed up originally.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

brett butt is really funny on stop podcasting yourself. usually i will listen to the first 10 minutes of each week's ep and most the time i skip it after that but occasionally you find a good canadian comedian you'd never hear of otherwise. dave is incredibly fast and clever.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

piratepilates posted:

That fella from Corner Gas?

google says yes (not in a "heh lmgtfy" way, i just am not familiar with that show and only know him from SPY)

Greggy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Now that I'm fully on board for the boys, where would be a good Reality Show Show episode to give that show another shot? I couldn't get into it before because I didn't fully understand their humor AND the world of reality TV is utterly foreign to me. So I had no idea what they were talking about and what was a bit and what wasn't 99% of the time.

IMO real Hollywood Handbook style humor starts from episode 10 on. I love every RSS episode though