Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Z.S. Ghost posted:

The best PFT character is Cake Boss. Moving on, my favorite moment from the show may be the exchange between Scott, Andy Samberg, Bro the Weed Guy, an old lady, Gilbert Godfrey (emerging from the antechamber, no less), Shaq, and Shaq's older brother Sax about how much Bro sucks. Really, any massive multi-character thing will get me (see also the Kroll/Mulaney episode).

I agree about Cake Boss, if only because I often get confused when trying to find something to watch on demand, and Cake Boss is one of the options. I realize its a real show that has nothing to do with the mythology PFT has created.

I also can't say ingredients any other way than ingredgienchs anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

The_Rob posted:

That's a really great episode. I loved Paul's Grandmas, and Katlin Olsen from It's Always Sunny was the guest.

This is one of the best episodes, if only because PFT (who actually hosted the show, Aukerman was out), plays a clip from his live show singing "How Soon is Now" and it's the best thing.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I thought Bobby Moynihan did an awesome job on the show this week. Fagen Platt was a ridiculously odd character, and he had some great lines in the show. The pinnacle was during Who Said It and he guessed "The Vlassic Pickle. . . STORK!"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I bought the Christmas album last year and I really wasn't all that enthralled by it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I'm having a hell of a time picking the top ten episodes for 2011, there are just so many awesome episodes

I mean I could literally pick 122-131 and not feel that bad about it even though I hated all of the live music.

Borrowed Ladder fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 30, 2011

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Just started the new episode and I'm pretty excited for just normal ol' Paul F. Tompkins, because him just being himself is like one of his best characters!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I miss Adomian's fat, food critic character, that guy was disgusting and hilarious!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

dancehall posted:

Against all odds, I think Don't Stop Or We'll Die is legitimately good. They can't quite hit the high notes a lot but I honestly like their songs, they're catchy and refreshingly keys-driven. Is it just me?

I love their songs, especially "Where Can A Nerd Find An Egg Thats Square". It's so silly.

Does anyone know the what the "joke" of Central Park is? Is it just the fact that it's 1984?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Besser wasn't trying to be the actual Bjork. Bjork doesn't talk about farting into pussies and living in a literal land of ice with ice copies of american things, not sure if you are familiar with her.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

Anyone know what that weird Common Sense Aerosol song-thing is from? (from minute ~56 of the most recent episode)

Pretty sure it's off the second Lonely Island album.

This past episode was a killer, I'd put it up there with some of the best episodes of all time. I might even say that Scott and Jason are a better duo than Scott and Harris!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

Bobby Moynihan is becoming one of my favorite guests.

I haven't listened to today's episode yet but the Fagen Platt episode is one of my all time favorites.

"Uhh the Vlassic pickle stork!"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Adam Scott and Jason Manzoukas deserve mentions as well

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Nemo posted:

This week's episode is so hot. ;-*

I couldn't get through it at work this morning, it was too hilarious. I probably made it through two minutes of the first playlette before I had to turn it off. Hey Hunk!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I was actually surprised at how unfunny Will Forte was in this episode. Maybe unfunny is a bit harsh, but it seemed like he didn't catch on to any of Scott's absurd jokes. I guess I can't fault him for never having heard the show before, but I just assumed he would be quicker witted. He stammered A LOT.

And I love Will Forte, he has a lifetime pass from me after his portrayal of Abe Lincoln.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Doc Spockerman

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I'm so glad Scott brought back the celebrity interview bit. I think the last time he did it was the Elvis Costello one like 2 years ago.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Hsien-Ko posted:

Am I the only extremely impatient podcast listener that just skips ads and songs?

I find this impossible on every phone music player app. If you try to skip 1 minute it jumps 6:34 and then you try to go back and it goes 2:35. I know some apps let you hold the back or forward button for five second intervals but it never works out perfectly for me.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Hilarious episode, but for some reason the funniest part for me was just Scott's complete recap of Carl S'Junior and Brian Pieces' story from F&P1. When he got to the end I just lost it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Listened to ep 60 today, the first episode of Marissa Wompler. It's pretty awesome, Brendon Walsh is great, Donald Glover is great, Marissa is great (but there is no Womping it Up as it hadn't started yet).

I've been trying to find the first iteration of "What's Up Hot Dog?" and I can't pinpoint it, I think mainly cuz my Comedy Death Ray files aren't all named correctly (they weren't numbered then). Anyone know if there's one pre episode 70?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

SKULE123 posted:

Wrong podcast! It originated on season 6 or so of Never Not Funny, as best I know, as a Scott anecdote about a trip to a convenience store.

I knew the origin story was on Never Not Funny (and it's a great story), I was just looking for the first time he actually used it to open CDR/CBB

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

The Friends/Fringe joke today may have been the best Cake Boss joke ever

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Scoobi posted:

58 was awful so I skipped it,

Rob Huebel episodes are always funny :colbert:

60 is one of the all-time greats in my book though, hope you enjoy it!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Neil Campbell is Scott's co-writer for Mike Detective, so you should love him unconditionally.

I think he's the opening and closing narrator too.

The rihanna bit was hilarious, you could hear Neil and Lennon laughing in the background

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I think the episode of CBB with the Superego guys is an underrated gem. Paul F. Tompkins does a solid job filling in for Saucerman and Kaitlin Olson is pretty great on it too.

Episode is classic just for PFT singing "How Soon Is Now". Not just like singing it in the studio, singing it on stage with music.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

The Tom Leykis on the Todd Glass Show was even . . .zanier, i guess, than the one on CBB today, it's a great episode (there really aren't many bad episodes of TGS).

CBB today was awesome, i really wish Scott and Jason did a miniseries like Analyze Phish because them together is hilarious, maybe my favorite combo in all of podcasting.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Yeah this episode wasn't terrible, but i would say it was pretty lackluster. A 14 week streak of great episodes is pretty awesome though (last episode i didn't love was Tony Clifton).

I know Scott mentioned more TV people coming up in the next couple weeks, and I generally like the famous guests, but i think a "fan favorite" episode is in order. A new combo like Mantzoukas & PFT, or Ben Scwartz & Chelsea Peretti, Adam Scott & Nick Kroll, something along those lines.

Also, isn't it sort of strange that Pete Holmes has never been on CBB? All his friends have been on, and he lives in LA. He kinda drives me nuts but he has great guests on his show and overall it's a pretty good podcast.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

traveling midget posted:

This girl's character is loving unfunny and obnoxious. More Garry and Gilly, less played out college girl impression.

I didn't think the character was bad, just the voice was really grating. She could have taken it down a couple notches and it would have been ok.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I wish Scott would bring back the game that had the Bird and The Bee song, i think it's Dead or Alive (the game not the song). Love that song.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

LOVED this episode, i'd even go as far as to say it was the best CBB this week!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Scott picked his three favorite episodes for this AV Club article.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/scott-aukerman-picks-his-favorite-comedy-bang-bang,89838/1/

Couldn't have picked a better list if you ask me. It's basically 3 perfect episodes.

Farts and Procreation 1, Mayor of Hollywood, and Time Bobby

edit: uh duh, so beaten a page back

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

SKULE123 posted:

If I understood Brody Stevens on You Made It Weird (he referred to a show "over there" after talking about Scott Aukerman and having to play a character) he recorded an episode that never aired because it got "too serious". Another lost episode!

Pete Holmes talking about CBB as a show "you'd have to play a character on" reminded me that he's never been on CBB.

edit: grammar

I feel like there must be a reason for Holmes never having been on, when all his best buds have been on multiple times. I think Scott probably just thinks Pete is the biggest doofus in the world.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Aren't most eps at least a week behind? Not sure why everyone thought they would turn F&P3 around in 3 days.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

crimedog posted:

Speaking of It's been and My Wife, one of my favorite catchphrases that Scott does is something like "Maybe it's just me, but for me, ..."

President Barack Hussein Obamacare

Scott has a way of saying simple things and making then hilarious. For some reason I always notice the way he says "great" to pretty much anything.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

BNL is the loving worst.

It's BNL now? We need a shorthand for the Bare Naked Ladies now, That's how fundamental they are?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Great episode. I'd say it's better than 2 but not as good as 1. Probably because 1 just came out of nowhere, whereas the others had something to live up to. Everyone was really amazing though, it's gonna be a tough vote at the end of the year. I could see it coming down to Time Bobby 2 vs. F&P3, but 4th Anniversary show is right up there with them.

The only thing that bothered me was Scott saying "ka-racks". I feel like he wrote down "characs" when Harris originally said it, but didn't remember that Harris said "carracs" (I don't know the legit phonetic spelling). Not that that matters AT ALL.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

JayMax posted:

I didn't find P&R3 nearly as good as the first two. 2013 has been pretty great so far and I don't expect to have it on my top 10 at year's end. :colbert:

Not even top ten? What do you have ahead of it already?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

escape artist posted:

You know who's laugh is really annoying? Chelsea Peretti. It sucks because I love her and think she's hilarious. But her laugh sounds like someone dying of dehydration chugging a canteen of water.

"Where am I? I need water"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I feel like Auckerman has been using David Wain's rap ever since whatever episode that was. It might've been the very first rap battle.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I listened to two of the three Mantzoukas/Daly episodes today (Dalton Wilcox and Chip Gardner) and drat I'd be hard pressed to say that the Chip Gardner ep isn't the best CBB/CDR episode ever. And that's coming from a tried and true F&P1 fan.

It just has so many amazing moments, so much straight up silliness, and a really amazing storyline that plays out perfectly.

Mantzoukas rules, I wish I liked How Did This Get Made more, I just don't feel like they ever watch movies I'm really interested in hearing about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Does anyone remember the name of the Mr. Show "podcast" Bob and David recorded for Earwolf that never got released? I remember it being a clever name but I can't remember for the life of me what it was.