Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Fezz posted:

Them confusing apiary for aviary is making my head hurt.

I'm imagining PFT listening at home, just

yelling at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
did you know that inflation has increased by 8% during just the first third of this podcast? fortunately, a good hedge against this inflation is contemporary art, a term that has no definition in this context. here's another percentb that is real: how much this kind of art has appreciated (125%)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I think this might be my favorite episode of CBB ever

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

On the DC show when she was talking about nostalgia, she said they had personal little milk bags in elementary school, which blew my mind.

this happened for a year or two when I was in elementary school... we got milk in little plastic bags rather than the cartons that I'd always seen before and since at every other school in the US.

we punctured them with an attached sharpened straw. somehow this resulted in fewer milk disasters than one would imagine

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I might have gotten the link from this thread, but here's a very frequently updated master spreadsheet of PFT podcast appearances:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wZ4yB1vw5qGb8_OFseqE2lImecoGeDrR4-nmHb-DxJI/htmlview

I use it to find and listen to a bunch of poo poo I never would've heard of otherwise

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I was listening to the PFT tribute panel at SF Sketchfest 2019 and Carla Cackowski (as an audience member) asked how he got so good at improv, given that he has no training.

I'd never thought about that before, but jeez.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
he's my favorite comedian and I'm glad he is the Mayor of Podcasts

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
hell yes, thank you

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I started with the show a few years ago and really have only gotten into the podcast in the last maybe 5 years.

JethroMcB posted:

Speaking of, I went to watch this Arthur Steinborn episode and nothing past S3 shows as available for me, anybody else encountering this?

mine don't register iirc 4 through 9, but 10 and 11 show.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ainsley McTree posted:

musical improv is a whole thing but yeah, the people who are good at it are on another level. i'm a non-musical dunce so the people who play the piano or whatever other instrumental backing on the fly are basically wizards to me

Eban Schletter who did live piano for PFT's Spontaneanation is incredible at it. (looks as though he might've written the Mr Show theme, too. and a bunch of other poo poo.)

I think he mostly scores things afterwards but James Bladon of Superego is also king poo poo at comedy music

e: Superego has a couple different fake bands. Neko Case did a sketch on one season and is incredibly funny

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

root beer posted:

Shunt McGuppin is a living legend
[edit] he might be dead tho who even knows

"I like to think that in the 70s, Mutt Taylor used his money to buy a car dealership. But Shunt used his to buy a lovely car dealership. And I think that might be true in real life, too."

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Comedy Bang! Bang! The Podcast (The Book) is on sale for 50% off at B&N.

Signed edition, too. I got an Aukerman/Daly/Tompkins

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I went into a physical store and got to pick my signatures! (the only other option was Aukerman/Baltz/Sullivan.)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Dr Sweetchat is a pusher bot

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Laterite posted:

hell yeah

same

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
and JW Stillwater:

https://shop.figurecollections.com/

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Google podcasts is apparently shutting down

what do you use to listen to podcasts?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I'll give both of those a shot

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
reminds me of the Spont where Besser didn't realize he was invited to improv and spent the whole show after the interview politely laughing (which of course looked like rudely refusing to join)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Waterbed Wendy posted:

podcasts are for the birds imo

the animal kingdom's podcast

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Learned League has a one-day set of questions about CBB today

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a shameful 9/12 over here

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mons Hubris posted:

You're telling me multiple people in this thread are part of an online trivia league you gotta pay to be in?

and not just once, like some places you have to pay to join!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
my first and I think only 12/12 was the Achewood one

I was 66th percentile :psypop:

it always surprises me that there are so many LL people here even though it shouldn't

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SpacePig posted:

I also remember the Achewood one.

loool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I would grade my performance a C-