Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The 3 of them are a great team, Leslie Schecter is one of my favorite characters.

"I call them my dumb-dumbs and they call me Mr Stop It.

when Scott brought up Pinocchio I was sure they were going to callback the Chocolate bit. Oh well, still a funny ep and I hope eventually Scott brings in the core members of Superego. The PFT/Superego episode is amazing.

Edit: Hmm, I may have a reason to actually watch the (first part of the) Comedy Awards:

@ScottAukerman posted:

I directed this! RT @HuffPostComedy: 'Between Two Ferns' coming to Comedy Central with guests Tina Fey and Jon Stewart http://huff.to/I5lqpw

It's a 30 minute episode of Between Two Ferns right before the awards show. Hopefully it's just as awkward as the FoD series.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Dont remember the episode but it was Aimee Mann and (I think) Tim Heidecker singing "Todd Barry is an idiot". And it was a song used for a break I'm pretty sure.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
drat, what a great episode. The intro is kind of deceptive, though.

"We're the Googoogoogoogoogoodolls"

Urk! fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 30, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

LesterGroans posted:

I liked that they squeezed in some PFT at the top of the show even though it was disappointing that he couldn't make it for the show-proper.

I'm kind of hoping PFT was there for a super-early recording of this coming week's CBB, kind of like Andy Richter did for the last end of year special.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jyrka posted:

I wish Brett Gelman had said something funny on the anniversary ep. Oh well.

Yeah when he's not doing a character or, even better, deadpanning one of his stories he's a pretty subpar guest.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I want a Wompler/Jacobs episode so freaking bad

A Jessica St. Clair/Gillian Jacobs/Jackie Clarke combo would be amazing.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

SpacePig posted:

How does he come up with his nicknames anyway? The only one I know the origin of is "Hot Saucerman", and that's only because I happened upon it listening to old Harris episodes.

Most of his nicknames are from passing comments he makes, either on CBB or other podcasts (i.e., "What's up, hot dog?" from NNF).

For example, this nickname:

The Capm posted:

My least favorite is World Famous Scottobot. That was the only one for months...

...is from this episode.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
IFC just posted a full episode of the CBB TV show on their page. Amy Poehler, David Koechner and Don Dimello, theatrical director.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Nice, looks like Mr. Saucerman got a NY Times article written about CBB. God I hope this show does well.

The article slips a small bit of info about an upcoming Earwolf podcast, too:

New York Times posted:

In a forthcoming series called “Nerd Poker,” for instance, comedians are recorded while playing Dungeons & Dragons

I'm guessing Posehn and Oswalt are going to be appearing on that podcast frequently. Between this and the "Mr. Blow" podcast Odenkirk talked about, I think Earwolf is about to have some additional solid podcasts to offer.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
There's always the season pass on iTunes.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
What about Amazon? CBB is also available there. I tried googling info about it being US restricted but couldn't find anything solid.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

soggybagel posted:

I WANT MORE DON DIMELO

I love both PFT and Andy Daly equally but I have to agree.

I'm also starting to think I prefer Andy since he will consistently generate new characters I enjoy.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

caligulamprey posted:

Has anyone named the What am I Thinking song, by the way? It's so moody and pretty and I would listen to an entire album like that.

This last episode he played the song long enough for the first lyrics to be heard. If anyone can pull those out, I'm sure a quick search would help. :)

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
and another two episode week! :woop:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Is anyone else amazed how spot-on Scott's impression of Kulap was? Marriage or not, that's impressive.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Well poo poo, there goes my chance to see a great show :(

I wonder if it'll affect the DLM lineups.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Huskey's got to be Seth, right? Now all we're missing is Gutterballs.

CBB Holiday episodes are consistently the best episodes, can't wait.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I loved it. History proved me right about Farts and Procreation, and will prove me right with this one.

Count me in your camp then. I still think the Holiday eps have consistently been the best ones, and this year is no different.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It's at the very end of one of the CBBs. I think it's the "Best Of" with Adomian PFT and Reggie, if you haven't heard the bit I don't want to ruin it but Scott's egging on really makes it wonderfully absurd.

Edit: hmm yeah I'm having a hard time finding it too. It's an episode with PFT and Adomian in it for sure.

Vv Adomian does it there too. The one I'm thinking of is where Huell visits the Large Hadron Collider. vV

Urk! fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 6, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah I agree about Mulaney; his facial expressions actually make the characters better.

Even if the show doesn't succeed (and I really hope it will), after seeing that sketch I hope they bring those characters to (hopefully) another season of CBB TV.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

cams posted:

pic.twitter.com/WaJPTSev

oh please oh please :ohdear:

E: for those who can't see it:

Urk! fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 19, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Hell, he was great as Cal Shipsby way back when. All of the Don't Stop or We'll Die guys are great.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
huh, well isn't this a nice surprise?

Extra CBB w/ Gillian Jacobs and Gary Marshall is up :woop:

E: holy poo poo this episode is great

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 6, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
That is pretty badass news.

20?! God drat, I wonder which characters they're bringing back. Hell, I wonder if they're bringing back any...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
another out of the park episode, god drat.

Scott just mentioned on twitter he's posting video of it soon, too.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
God drat do I love Scott's puns. I lost it at "party on, Girth".

E: Vv yep, the last (only?) CBB she was on at the beginning and during the plugs vV

Urk! fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 15, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Bonus episode of CBB tomorrow with Don't Stop or We'll Die! :woop:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Awesome. I hope they have some new songs though.

You're in luck :)

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, y'all trippin'. I loved that episode. And just the thought of an upcoming Analyze Phish episode with Hot Soccermom, Twittels, PFT, Howard and Don't Stop or We'll Die at a Phish concert is killing me because it doesn't exist right this second.

Wait, what. I've got to listen to this ep

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Greggy posted:

I wonder if there are any good behind the scene stories about the making of Piranha? Paul Scheer and Adam Scott could do their own Analyze Fish if so :allears:

I agree. I may tweet this to Scott (making sure you'd get credit for it) if that's alright.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Oh, Lauren Lapkus. Please don't do an annoying nasally girl character, please don't do an annoying nasally girl character, pleeeeeease don't do an annoying nasally girl character...

I mean I'm sure she's really funny, and I understand the voice is supposed to be annoying, but God drat it she's too good at annoying me with that voice.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah I definitely enjoyed this episode. Lapkus is pretty funny (so long as that drat annoying voice doesn't come back).

I think I unfairly dodged the I4H episodes with her, gotta go back and listen to those now.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I think it was just too crowded for that episode. I think that character could come back later and be funnier. I also liked Watkins on SNL.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Not going to lie, I had completely forgotten to record Maron until I listened to the bonus episode.

I oddly enjoyed this CBB episode, odd because I recently binged on WTF and was consequently sick of listening to Marc. I guess the episode worked, because I remembered to record it and I'm glad I did.

Pretty funny show.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Totally agree (I'd add Paul Rust's laugh too), except then we'd eventually run the risk of background laugh-tracks in podcasts. Ugh.

Amazing episode though. I'd say 4th anniversary = F&P3 > Time Bobby 2.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Hypothetically, I assume if someone were to post a link to said video, that'd be considered "pirating" and would be against SA rules...?

Or against the wishes of Earwolf?

...so no one should do that here, right?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I liked it just because Scott brought back the games. Time killer or not, they always get a laugh out of me somehow.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, I was happy to learn Neko Case is fun off-mic. Her solo/group work is pretty good, I think.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Trujillo posted:

Haven't listened to the new episode yet but thought people might like to see this:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a0e554ac80/boardwalk-empire-s-richard-harrow-murderer-for-hire

More PFT as Richard Harrow.

This is awesome, but holy hell I'm mailing Jeremy Carter some sunscreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Mordecai really summed it up, but I feel like an average SNL episode (at any point in time) is a B+ in comedy.

It's really genius comedians/writers paying their dues on-screen; basically a handful of iconic and amazing sketches, balanced out by pretty-good comedy.