Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Which episode has Alan Rickman in? I'm guessing he's fake Alan Rickman.

Episode 98 with Adam Scott and James Adomian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Let's face it, "Yes, and" is just the bastard stepchild of "No, but".

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

loving love this show. I could do without most of the songs, but maybe that's just me. Anything involving Paul F. Tompkins is awesome, especially Cake Boss, Ice-T and Andrew Lloyd Webber. I also particularly love it when Huell Howser comes by, too bad about Adomian moving away.

I completely agree. I really like the Sklarbro way of just playing 20 or 30 seconds of a song during breaks, but I can see why that doesn't exactly work for comedy songs. I guess that isn't much of an opinion to have but what the hell

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

PHISH!
(harris)

This was probably the funniest episode in recent memory. Puns are the best.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

No Ticket posted:

Maybe I'm making this up but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing January for season 2

Yeah, I was thinking early 2012 for some reason?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

No Ticket posted:

He's amazing. I have no idea how he comes up with these characters, but they always turn out so funny. The Hot Dog/Sha Na Na episode is absolutely one of my favorite CBBs.

I'm pretty partial to the first episode he and Mantzoukas were on together. When they start putting him on the spot to make up limericks he just sounds so loving defeated as he says "right, because I spent so much time perfecting it". So loving funny.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Creflo Chronicle posted:

This is seriously an amazing episode, one of the best ever.

Think I'm going to clip out that "Terrific!" at the end and use it for text alerts on my phone or something, it was goddamn magical.

Seriously, it's so loving good. I listened to it when I first woke up and ended up playing it again throughout the day and I somehow missed some of the funniest bits the first time.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Flamazot posted:

He'll be on the Todd Glass Show this week. (which is one of the best podcasts right now and you should all be listening to it)

Yeeeeesssss

E: to both of those things

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

plastered quack posted:

It's only been through ...three? (though it's on episode four?) episodes,

Yeah, he said episode 2 was gonna be with someone that I can't remember at the moment but the audio got hosed so they just moved onto 3 while they try to salvage 2.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

The Rocky vs. Rambo script they wrote is worth a read too if you've got some time to kill, you guys.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

It looks like to me that maybe it wasn't quite hot enough out for the Masterpiece to melt down enough and "boil" the pasta quite like it should. It really does need to be 100+ degrees out for that recipe to work.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

They've done the Austin Powers song they ended with on the show before, right? I got crazy deja vu at that.

Yeah they did it in the episode with Andy Richter and Matt Besser. Scott sang some beautiful song in the middle of it, too.

I just happened to listen to that episode today, I'm not some like weird savant with photographic/phonographic memory of every CBB episode.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Am I alone in not being able to stand Greg Proops?

No.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

THIS DISCO SUCKS

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

I thought it was only okay, although I liked PFT a whole lot.

Blasphemer!

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

I think this is my favorite episode ever.

Holy poo poo it's so good.

"Alright Dalton, do you have another poem for us? You seem like an interesting guy, I wanna get to know you. How you taste ."

"Alright Dustin, you'll role play as Scott. Remember that you're a vampire in this scenario ."

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

I loved that Mantzoukas tried to get Daly to make up a limerick and Daly just flipped it around on him. Always my favorite improv moment.

The part where he sounds so defeated after they say he brought his limerick book is probably the best moment on the show.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

My names Rappin' Scott and I'm here to say,
It's fun to rap in a Texas way,
It's fun comin' to Texas where every things bigger,
Bob Ducca just said a word I don't wanna repeat.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

jimcunningham posted:

After that disclaimer I got scared. After two minutes of Helms I fast forwarded to WYR. Should i actually listen to it?

Its not like offensively bad or anything, it just feels like nothing really happens. Although there are one or two pretty funny lines, so it might be worth a shot.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Now, when did you start your comedy career? Is that too personal of a question?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Scoobi posted:

Up to Episode 59. I have to say this one (Todd Glass, PFT, and Andy Daly) was loving hilarious. 58 was awful so I skipped it, but 57 was also killer. This 3 episode trip was like a poo poo sandwich made with artisan bread. 57 had James Adomian as the disgusting food critique that had Brian Posehn and Scott rolling. 58 was the hair metal band as a guest. 59 is August Lindt & and the subaru story. PFT and Andy Daly just make for a great would you rather.

Oh my god, when Scott asks August if he can stick around for 5 hours and he immediately says yes is maybe one of my favorite CBB moments ever.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

LL Cool J-ason Alexander

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

And to finally answer the question, who IS the most fuckable Huxtable?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

I always thought about what I'd do if I were out at a theater and the Would You Rather music started playing and how I'd furiously look around for someone who might recognize it from CBB

Then I remembered the chances of me being in a theater like that are ~0%

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Apex Rogers posted:

I know, I can't believe all these people saying it was scripted. They seemed to genuinely fumble for answers and spend time thinking. Sure, it could have just been brilliant acting, but why would they bother for the podcast? None of the answers seemed too ridiculous to me, FWIW.

Im pretty sure when people are saying its scripted they mean Amys last answer about the hot air balloon or whatever, and that's it. The rest of them were honest, improvised answers.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

What the gently caress is wrong with the whole lot of us?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I waskinda wondering if it's the Halloween ep since there's so many people, but there's no Brett Gelman. Can't have Halloween without Brett Gelman.

I can't quite place the guy next to Lauren Lapkus, but goddamn. Gonna be a good ep.

I believe thats Gillian Jacobs.

And speaking of the Halloween episode, I re-listened to it the other day and it is absolutely loving hysterical. So, uh, go do that.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

:downsrim:

e: oh, it's Neil Campbell. I didn't recognize him because his hair looks red in that picture.

Oh wow I completely thought you said "girl" next to Lauren Lapkus. I read bad.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

I'm fine with Andy Daly bringing a new character to each CBB because every one has been amazing still (there was a nurse character with Gillian Jacobs who wasn't super funny, but still ok).

Why would you skip the second halloween episodes? That was the one with the spooky ghost buns (puns).

Also Neil Campbell's monologue on there is probably the second funniest thing ever (behind the aforementioned Andy Daly limerick thing)

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

drat, Gary Marshall is hardcore.

Please, call him Mr. Marshall.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Neil Campbell is just the best.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

It's a speech beauty mark, if anything.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

I sure hope they checked with their pals over at legalzoom.com about the legality of using that catchphrase or else Sasha Booboogooboo's lawyers are gonna have a field day with this one.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Neil Campbell, as always, is the best.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

I think they forgot to mention that Hot Dog killed himself during Andy Daly's cavalcade of suicidal character spree.

The live shows take place outside of the Ultimate Universe!

Doi!!

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Did Scott say "we'll see you Thursday" just out into the aether or was it to Andy Daly directly? If we get 3 Andy Daly episodes straight I'll just die.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

anotherone posted:

Atticus King: Private Detective, Remington Thunderknife, Omaha Nightblade, Langston Devereau, Hank Marlboro, Channing Merchandise, Dave Navarro, Brick Pudding, Sinduko Mamajeloko, Driscol Mayweather, Devon Motorcycle, Paunch Gigabyte, Daschel Permanente, Rodrigo Bloodharvest, Chaz Steadyfist, Victoria Slash, Larchmont Van Dyke, Paul Workswellwithothers, Maddox Goodtry, Michelle Potential, Norse Raegan, Logan Helpful, Hug Niceman, Detective Frank Shark, Havercamp Shaderdome, Deitrich OBGYN, Darius Rucker, Imelda Cherry, Victor Winning, Dolours Price, Lance Corporal Scott Bukakke, Stephen Truthchurch, Vido Breach, Frank Ocean, Margarette Crossfit, Dominic Assarnge, Nova Prime, Omar Thoroughgood, Magnus Crotchee the 3rd, Gabe Halliburton, Clutch Blackwater, The Honorable Teddy Scar, Beaumont Harddrive, Arlo Crimejustice, Hammel Cannon and Righteous Sebastian.

Mods please rename me to that.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

JayMax posted:

Out of all of PFT's characters, this was probably his best "impression".

ALso, that was funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcM6mCS-Nq8

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Someone please move this thread to The TV IV.

Not until I've completed my informal poll on what the posters in the Comedy Bang Bang podcast thread think of Saturday Night Live the television show, please.

So, for everyone who hasn't weighed in yet:

How would you rank your Saturday Night Live experience on a scale of 1 to 10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Hot tub foot.