Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Zsinjeh posted:

So I checked out How Did This Get Made after seeing Scott was as a guestt as part of the lead-up tithe CBB show and absolutely loved it. Are there any othe great podcasts I'm missing out on in the vein of CBB and Doug loves Movies? I'm aware of Who Charted, but I'm not a music fan at all (movie/comedy kind of guy, what a shocker), is it for me? What's the other Earwolf shows like?

(Also, link your favorite episode if there are hidden gems)

E: oh Jesus Christ loving iPhone spelling errors

You should give "The Flophouse" a shot. It is made by a Daily Show writer and his buddies and they discuss potentially bad movies. But they don't go for the low hanging fruits like "How did this get made" does.

Just listen to 2-3 episodes. If you don't like Eliots "words that sound like other words" segments after 3 episodes you won't like the podcast. They don't have many insider jokes but it is better to start with earlier episodes. I started with the "The Happening" episode and I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Julet Esqu posted:

Hmm. I hate sports, but I like Tom Lennon and Hoarders. I might have to check this episode out.

I listened to the episode and I liked it. The Hoarders stories were great. But I won't follow the podcast I think.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I just started with CBB and I'm going trough old episodes. I love that 15 year old intern character. I think I need to check out her show.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
"Have you never taken off the front part of a VCR?"
"No...?"
"You IDIOT!"

That just came out of nowhere.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
This episode was great. Best WYR game so far in my opinion. Ken Marino's questions were amazing. "What are the names of the women I rescue?".

And of course the brilliant "get that horse away from me" line.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Oh wow the 2010 Halloween episode was amazing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo. I almost fell off my chair when Andy Daly passed the reading of "the perfect limerick" off to Jason.

There is so much great stuff in the CBB backlog, I will be entertained for weeks :allears:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Even Scott is impressed at the end of the end of the episode.
"You think he can't pull a date and time out of his rear end when we couln't even get him with limericks?"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Why haven't I picked up this podcast earlier?
Every episode is great but the Jason Mantzoukas/Andy Daly (and the Jessica St. Clair) episodes are just pure gold.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Haven't listened to this episode yet, is it a new Pepsi commercial? Or still the old one? That one was so bad I made a vow never to buy Pepsi again when I heard it for the third time.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
If you are not using "Pocket Casts" on your mobile you are punishing yourself.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

SpacePig posted:

I'm often playing a game while listening, so backing out and losing whatever progress I had is normally far more trouble than just sitting through the ads. I don't mind the LegalZoom ones since Scott's doing them and he changes them up often enough, but the Pepsi Next one has been there for a few weeks now and it's been the same one every time. It's also in improv4humans and I assume every other Earwolf podcast.

I do the same. I really don't mind adds that are repeated. LegalZoom, Audible whatever.

But that Pepsi add. HOLY. poo poo. It's not just annoying, it it just insulting.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I just listened to all four episodes of Analyze Phish and I absolutely loved it. They are obviously having a ton of fun doing it and the forth episode with the recap of the show is just great.

Listen to all four episodes if you haven't yet.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
gently caress YOU ALL FOR TAKING MY POINTS :argh:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

cams posted:

Great episode, though I got the feeling Jerrod was lost the whole time. I'm sure he's a funny dude but the podcast seemed to have thrown him off.

He got nothin'.

Edit: I think he was kinda intimidated. I guess he is a fan of the show and actually being there freaked him out a little. Look him up on Youtube. He is really funny!

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 16, 2012

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Which episode was that? That sounds amazing!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Worst Case Ontario posted:

Episode 93, I believe it's the second time Adomian does Giamatti on the show.

Thank you!

ElCondemn posted:

Everything about her shtick makes me feel like I should hate her but she does it so well, I just crack up.

I absolutely love this character. It might be my favorite CBB character even ahead of some of Andy Daly's characters.

The episode with Marissa and Listler was absolutely amazing. I listened to it on a train and people changed seats to get away from me because I was laughing too much.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Politicalrancor posted:

Mantzoukas might be my very favorite guest on the show, because the way he and Scott riff off each other is so loving perfect and funny.

I think he and Andy Daly are even better together. But favorite guest? The Wompler. No competition.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really want a Mantzoukas/Daly/St. Clair episode. But I think my head would explode if that ever happened.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Well he literally has all the time in the world.

Or am I remembering the last episode wrong? Listened to it while driving and I missed a few bits.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Hey, Division Post just started a game of Would You Rather in the TVIV forum.
Would you guys be interested in doing something like that here? Each game goes on for 24 hours and uh...no idea how we would chose the host but I'm sure we could figure something out.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
You asked in the wrong thread! -5 points!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Werner Herzog :neckbeard:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Lizzy Caplan :swoon:. Great episode and I loved those characters. And I can understand that Lizzy didn't want to talk about The Last Rites of Ransom Pride. That movie was a piece of poo poo.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I hope they do a Lizzy Caplan / Adam Scott episode now. They had amazing chemistry in Party Down and Bachelorette.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Amy was just incredible in the speed round. She was so fast that it almost sounded like it was scripted :aaa:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Pocket Casts is by far the best podcast app I have tried so far.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That episode was absolutely amazing.

One of the best WYR games, "Sorry!" and Lauren Labkus's character was great indeed.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Eltoasto posted:

Oh my god, do NOT listen to this ep if you care about the integrity of Would you Rather rules. Disgusting.

I don't give a poo poo anymore.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Nemo posted:

She sounded like Nasim Pedrad doing a Kardashian impression.

I adore The Choctaw's obsession with bad puns and catchphrases. "My wife" has only ever made me laugh when it was quoted on this show, and the Gilly references had me laughing out loud at my desk like a fool.

Yes, yes and yes! Saucerman's obsession with (bad) catchphrases is just great and his Sorry! made me laugh more than SNL Gilly ever did.

And I also thought that it was Nasim Pedrad.

Edit: I actually liked the voice, especially when it was so over the top that they didn't understand her.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I loved how perplexed Scott was when he just went "No, gently caress you" instead of "Yes, and...". That game was glorious. And Scott cares about the WYR theme song again! :woop:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Beeez posted:

I've been going through the back-catalogue myself(though I've skipped the Heidecker episodes, the second Halloween episode, and a few others), and Wipeout! was great, but I kinda wish they hadn't gone for the Scott and Jason are vampires/Andy Daly intervention route if only for the fact that I wish the vampire-hunting cowboy could come back for another episode and now I'm not sure if he will. Then again, besides Don Dimello I'm not sure Andy Daly ever repeats characters(besides the suicide cavalcade). His poems were amazing though.

I think I have listened to all CBB episodes and my favorite bit by far was when Andy Daly did his limerick-writer character and he bounced the reading of the non-existant limerick back to Jason Mantzoukas. Scott and Jason both just started laughing because it was so brilliant and because Jason was so hosed.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That catchphrase was great.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That catchphrase was amazing.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Lugaloco posted:

Scott's "Yes And" attempts just make it even more hilarious, especially the Kulap conceiving one. I die every time he tries it.

I love when he starts to sing a song and nobody jumps in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq730LUipt4

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ah I know what you mean but apparently nobody put that on Youtube.
I found this however!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWbiRelPC4

"I started something that I don't want to keep going :gonk:"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
"Scott, this is not the Mark Maron show! Keep it to yourself."

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I got a really bad look from an old lady on the bus when the "white flour" lane came up :ohdear:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Conduit for Sale! posted:

If something on the show is so dumb that it's kinda funny, you can bet he's gonna keep it around.

I have the same love for dumb humor that Aukerman does, so I think all that stuff is hilarious.

I even love how inconsistent he is about WYR. He just gave up on the rules during one of the double-episode weeks but after that he started caring again. Give us some consistency Saucerman :argh:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Scott Aukerman posted:

Currently making a trip down to Marina Del Rey to record a special show...

:neckbeard: