Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Since I'm insomniac today, Nick Kroll, Sarah Silverman, and music from Dan Mangan today! I love all three of those things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blackula69 posted:

One thing, though - there's an episode with WYR when Scott says "Send your scenarios to me on Twitter, but only when I ask for them" and Chupacabra goes "Why, are you printing them out?" and everybody dies laughing. It was pretty recent, like maybe in the 80-110 range, but I can't find it. Anyone have a clue?

e: This may be the episode with Goatron.

I wanna say this was the one with Paul Scheer as well? Or was that El Chupacabra's 9/11 Party reveal?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So what is the list of Don Dimelo appearances on CBB? I know he was in 99 with Patton, and one of the newer ones, but in the 99 one he mentioned meeting him in a holiday episode, which was that? I love this character so much.

Also, and what made me ask, in some cross promotion, Don Dimelo, El Chupacabra, and Cake Boss were on the newest Doug Loves Movies, they were excellent as always so any fans of those characters need to get that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Transfatuation posted:

I am not a Cho fan from what I remember of her material yonks ago but I thought she was fine as a guest, as well as on vocals (!)

I guess it takes a lot to make me dislike things :I

Yea I'm not a Cho fan either but she was ok, to me at least, this week. She was hardly great but she just felt like any other 'eh, ok whatever' guest he has, if it was just her I'd dislike it but in a group it's fine.

edit: also no more Jukebox Jury ever, if I wanted to listen to bad 'nerdcore' I'd go to (insert every site ever).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

soggybagel posted:

Patton Oswalt always plays off and gives a lot back with good guests. Most recent episode was great.

Yea I always kinda wish he would do a character of his own, but he's so wonderful just playing with the dudes around him that it's great regardless.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
There is no way that show will live up to my expectations of 'the greatest thing since time began', so I hate it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Groucho Marxist posted:

Between the TV show and their few podcast appearances, Key and Peele are incredibly funny. They were absolutely wasted on MAD TV.

Yea it's really weird seeing guys I only remember from that lovely show being hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eltoasto posted:

I really tried to like Bunk, but it just wasn't all that funny. Which was odd, because the guests were funny people that I like doing other things. I think what put me off most was the forced and excessive laughter to ANY kind of joke.

Yea Bunk had funny people doing funny things, but the pacing and poo poo dragged it down.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Analytic Engine posted:

Was El Cubacabra on Breaking Bad?

Tuco's uncle was actually the future of El Chupacabra.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

soggybagel posted:

Him throwing firecrackers while TJ Miller does a weird seizure dance and the set director walking on to stage in a panic was the funniest thing the Jeselnik Offensive had all season.

I love the Jeselnik Offensive and agree with this 100%, Eric Andre is one of my favorite dudes.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rirzwsq3wXc

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 10, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is TJ trying to look like Jared Leto or something?

Miller's going through a really weird unfunny phase that I think he thinks is experimental comedy?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea my favorite bit of humor is when you can actually hear their internal voice going 'noooooooooooo' in slow motion as they finish a joke.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Me in Reverse posted:

Nick Kroll and Jenny Slate.

Thank you based Scott.

Nick's been blowing up podcasts lately, which is great because he's hilarious on them and promoting his awesome show, but this is the first time I think I've heard Jenny with him, and oh my god they are just perfect.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eltoasto posted:

If you don't love the "Oh, Hello" guys then you are pretty much a terrible monster.

Probably got too much tuna.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Actually, it's about ethics in podcast journalism.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

feedmyleg posted:

Because podcasters like Scott and Jimmy Pardo legitimized the medium for the masses years ago, only to be told again and again in 2014 that podcasts had finally become legitimized thanks to Serial.

So they're babies who don't understand that things can be legitimized to different audiences at different rates?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ElCondemn posted:

Maybe they just think it's funny that people who are so late to podcasting are just now saying it's "the new big thing".

But like, it is. I mean it's gone from a legitimate source for things like comics to get exposure which is great to a much more universal source for poo poo like TV shows to have 'official podcasts' and radio dramas to come back as a fairly big thing and a bunch of other ways. It just feels like some kinda weird bubble to get all huffy over people saying podcasts are a new medium for a large amount of people just because they aren't new for a kinda niche crowd.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea fair

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Can't really argue there, I do suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was too used to people actually getting salty about poo poo like that and kneejerked because I'm dumb as poo poo.