Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah Kroll carried that, was great. I can't wait to watch the Lea Remini story starring Sarah Silverman, with Lea Remini as Joan Rivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Speaking of doing well, Matt Besser was quite successful with Danielle Schneider

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 19, 2011

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Groucho Marxist posted:

Harris Wittels is on today!

So is Jon Heder :smith:

It was a solid one, Heder and Wittels were funny playing off each other and the foam corner was excellent as always. The Hank Williams character was weak imho, but they didn't stick with him long before a good rap battle.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

R.I.P. Jim Belushi

This is pretty great thus far

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Gelmania was decent, will be interesting to see where it goes.

The halloween CBB was pretty good, Gelman's lewd addition to the rap battle was the cherry on the sundae. I need to download the rap battle beat from somewhere.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Flamazot posted:

They could do the Who Said It? Michael Jackson joke every week and I would still laugh

As would I, and the intro gets me every time.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I dream that I'm driving along in a Jeep, 4-wheel drive, I hit a bump and them I'm just....elated.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They pretty much did the plugs in the beginning so not much reason to listen to the rest of it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well that was a pretty terrible character. Good impression but nothing funny, thankfully Ben Schwartz was there to keep things moving.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Harris is right, toothpicks ARE bullshit.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Best plugs theme ever this week.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

No Ticket posted:

I liked the first segment but couldn't handle listening to ronna and beverly so early in the morning.
Is the rest of the show any good? Those characters turned me off in like 30 seconds.

Yeah 2nd week in a row I've had to turn it off early, kind of disappointing but I guess we can't have Daly/Tompkins EVERY week.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ok I powered through it because I'm a gamer and it got much better. In fact the plugs song was my 2nd favorite of all time.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I enjoyed the Tim & Eric aspect of today's episode, but Adomian's character was terrible. Didn't like Giamatti either so hopefully he busts out some good ones soon, is he back to living in LA? But the absolute worst part of this ep, and what honestly makes me feel a little betrayed, is that they didn't do the final chupacabra ending with the WOLF DEAD. Only goddamn reason I listen.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Huge boobs but no hips, it boggles my mind. But he had a funny line about how "people can go to the earwolf store and see pictures of the shirts, including my wife wearing them you sons of bitches" after I'm sure some comments were made.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I thought it was below average :( Harris and no foam corner? WHAT THE gently caress

He mentioned that the tv show is taking up all his time and can only do CBB on Saturday, and boy does it show lately.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Man that was fantastic, best ep in a while.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm just waiting for a guest to actually have heard it before and say "Barack Obama." To which I assume Scott will say "No sorry, that was Michael Jackson."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nemo posted:

This week's episode is so hot. ;-*

Then I walk in wearing a tuxedo shirt and a diaper

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

FINALLY, we get the exhaustive, in-depth Patton Oswalt interview, this is going to be great!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jay Mohr's next podcast should be interesting after those jabs that Bobcat threw out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jesus, this chinese food is worse than auschwitz.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

e: Also Sklarboro Country is really funny (aside from a lot of the characters) even if you're not into sports. But if you're even tangentially interested in sports it's incredible.
And even if you're not into sports, you HAVE to listen to the Tom Lennon Sklarboro Country. You know who the other guest is? THE PRODUCER OF HOARDERS
I have never watched that show and nothing is funnier than Tom Lennon losing his mind at all the gross stuff the guy keeps talking about. It's funny and incredible

Is that the flatcats ep? God that was great.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Guys, I miss Fabrice :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Excellent plug song, it's the highlight of my week.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I love me some outdated Kindler references. Seriously, I savor them like fine wine. Paltrow was a pretty shallow character but did ok but the interaction between the Choctaw and Kindler was fantastic.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lugaloco posted:

Ok I'm going to pull a Harris and ask what is with everyone and plugs? People make all these songs for that segment and yet I see nothing special about it. I just don't get it and it makes me sad :( At least me and Harris are in agreement though so that's something.

You get some important info after a well crafted theme song. Followed now by an excellent plug bag closing song and THEN the chupacabra wolfdead. What's not to love? It never disappoints.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

quote:

Earwolf ‏@earwolf

New episode of @ComedyBangBang drops at midnight PST. It'll make you wanna... WOMP IT UP!

Awwww yes!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I loved the 2nd and 3rd skits, especially the mock of This American Life style of the 2nd one.

I was hoping for Bjork, but she is probably best reserved to be with someone who rolls with the punches like Schwartz.

soggybagel posted:

Haha! My plugs theme got used!

Good work! But now it's all over, we know your name.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Zsinjeh posted:

It just blew my mind that Matt Besser plays Bjork. I became a huge fan of Improv4humans a while after having heard the amazing episode with Ben Schwartz and Bjork, and only now realized who it was, goddamn.

I wish they could get Ice-Ben Schwartz on soon, Earth-Ben is so played out.

They don't have the pull to get the star of Ice Undercovers out to LA, especially not with his shooting schedule.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

OH NA NA

WHAT'S YOUR NAME

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Riptor posted:

Stuff like that, where the whole (extremely thin) veneer of the show actually having structure completely falls apart in a hilarious way, is what I think is missing from the TV show

It's good when the show falls apart. Because that's when you bring out the girls.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

This is the worst safe zone I've ever been in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ice Queen not Ice Cream? Got it.

Hand me that scooper.

Was laughing the whole time, instant classic.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Awesome Ep.

By the time I get done with you, you won't even be allowed to have a cell phone.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Scoobi posted:

omfg Scott rambling for 3 minutes trying to craft the worst spoken analogy about politics and clowns absolutely killed me.

Now I have to wonder, did he think of that bit or stumble into it and simply use his genius to recognize how funny it was?

It's like some sort of circus, big top and such and uhh..

I think he tries to get a bumbling conservative comment in every episode now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Galifianakis was on Who Charted this week and hinted pretty heavily that he was also going to be doing CBB :toot:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

She's too busy doing Marshall's commercials to do a regular podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjP9txnRx6o

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Deadpool posted:

Well, Paul did his best to carry that episode but the other three guests weren't that great.

Agreed, Paul and the plugs theme song did their best.

I am hoping that this was a favor to Banksy and not a trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

LeaningFizz posted:

I thought Adam and Kay were pretty good, but Hana Mae Lee was pretty embarrassing. Best part was when Scott couldn't hide his disbelief at her being a standup comic. Worst part was whenever Hana would pretend to be a racist Korean lady.

Hah, yeah he seemed surprised at that, and even moreso when she said that she played in LA. Pretty sure that's bullshit if the Choctaw hasn't heard of you.