Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

plastered quack posted:

There's always the season pass on iTunes.

Not for Canadians. Friggin innernet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

plastered quack posted:

What about Amazon? CBB is also available there. I tried googling info about it being US restricted but couldn't find anything solid.

Nope! This is tom foolery of the highest order.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

If they could announce the Vancouver location and put tickets up for sale that would be just swell. My wife is due on August 20th and the show's on the 11th. That would be awesome if she gave birth and Andy Daly had to deliver it. Truly something for daddy.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Kings Gold posted:

Vancouver info is up now, it's going to be the Biltmore. I wonder if any of the regulars will actually make the trip up one day after a Philly show. Thought Aukerman mentioned Reggie was opening, too, but again can't see him flying in for one show.

It could be a good show for local talent exposure but it would be nice to see some of that CBB chemistry live. Does anyone notable have coinciding dates?

yessssssssssssss tickets bought

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

OK, so I know this is a long shot - but if anyone has an extra ticket for the Vancouver show, I would really like to buy it off of you.

I have two, but now a friend is coming in from out of town and I need three. Cake boss.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I think it's Matt Gourley, but it's hard to tell.

Saw them live at the Vancouver Comedy Fest, can confirm Gourley does Giger. Also if you have a chance to see it live and you don't go you should just put a bullet in your head.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Vancouver show report: opening act, just some Patton Oswalt guy. Then Heidecker came on to do his stand up bit, then some Sarah Silverman broad? Great night of standup, but the podcast portion was disappointing. Clearly tired and no plan, but seeing Oswalt and Silverman for $20 aint a bad way to spnd an evening.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Heidecker was a willing participant in Vancouver too, but to be honest, I wouldn't shell out for that episode unless you've bought the whole package already

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I started listening to CBB from the beginning last month and if we're talking worst character, then it's easily Little Gary for me. I'm totally confused as to what is funny about him.

What's it like being dead inside?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Just bought tickets for Friday night's live show in Montreal at the Just for Laughs. I am expecting that I will just laugh.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

So I showed up super early for the live show in Montreal last night, must've read the time wrong. As I am in the lineup, and I don't want to sound like an rear end, here but, I wonder...why am I the basically the only white guy here? I expected a bunch of beards. Turns out I watched some guy from South Africa do an hour on apartheid and jokes about Zambia (he also literally did a "white people walk like THIS bit). The crowd for CBB was just as I expected. Beards and guts.

It was Todd Glass w/ Ronna and Beverly, and a surprise 10 minutes of Andy Kindler in the middle. Definitely had its moments but I left wi a headache from all the yelling.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I'm guessing it was Trevor Noah? He did a good episode of The Champs where he talked about basically being born an illegal human in South Africa as the ban on mixed-marriages hadn't yet been overturned during Apartheid.

It was, in fact, Trevor Noah. It was a perfectly fine show for what it was and there was definitely an interesting story in there...but seeing people just dying to a guy making jokes about Soweto is bizarre to this white guy.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

This is the confluence of my favourite thing and my wife's favourite thing and it is literally our anniversary.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

You know what would be cool is if there were a legitimate way (or even an illegitimate) way for me to watch Review in Canada

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Name a bread bro

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I concur with forums poster Beeez. I know I'm supposed to like Thrilling Adventure Hour and I sure like the concept but I've never been able to get any serious guffaws out of it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

soggybagel posted:

For those who aren't U talking U2 to me listeners Scott Aukerman elaborates on Adam Scott's no show. Evidently he had a lot of guests lined up and they all no showed but only threw Adam under the bus as a joke. However he did mis characterize how he said he couldn't make it. He didn't say bro. But people took it the wrong way, well some did.

Who the gently caress isn't listening to that show? A moron?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

My go-tos are Dip Didda Dip Dow! and Wipeout, and the early holiday eps with Colin Hanks and Jon Hamm. People like to have a name they recognize when they're going in.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Give Andy Daly the pulitzer and get it over with. You win that for improv right?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

These last two episodes should be 1-2 in the top 10 at the end of the year. Jesus christ even though I'd read 'oh the buzz it killed me' it just slayed me when the dentist came in. I pretended I was having a coughing fit and had to take a seat on my walk to work.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

cams posted:

Scottie Ox just showed up.

And he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else right now, i'm saying he likes chemicals.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

a pipe smoking dog posted:

when does he turn up? Because I seriously can't get through the lady doing a bad irish accent bit.

She sounds like my friends from Newfoundland.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

DOO DOO DOO DOO I died when it was the Would you Rather song even though I knew it was coming. I love repetition. C+.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

This is the kind of lineup that makes me wish I didn't have to work today.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

cams posted:

The first new episode of the Comedy Bang Bang television program is up on youtube for you to watch and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9CZf7xRy4

For some reason they no longer film on a set and instead everything is shot against a green screen which is pretty jarring. Other than that, good stuff.

Tsk tsk, not available in your country.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Alex Borstein was good too. Not too many first time guests match Scott's wacky energy so quickly. I hope we see her on the show again soon.

I fast forwarded after about 10 minutes. Found her intolerable one on one.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

Tiny and Victor's podcast is probably my #1 moment from this year. Too bad some played out PFT character will win the #1 slot

100% agree. I literally couldn't walk I was laughing so hard.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Calvins Twins is funny, but has serious diminishing returns. I could listen to Victor/Tiny's podcast over and over again, and have.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Organic Robot posted:

I honestly just want to put all the Horatio Sanz and Victor & Tiny eps.

That's basically what I did, with some Lapkus thrown in.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Besson posted:

Victor podcast and sentiment off were the best.

"I can't believe it"

LEEB HIM ALONE

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Sorry, but the correct answer is Pulled Bjork Sandwiches.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Besson posted:

Victor's podcast was robbed.

Seriously. I can't beleeb it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

EPISODE #329- Too Much Tuna Tour
Guests: Nick Kroll, John Mulaney

Oh my god yes

Did a fist pump this morning when I saw this. HUMP POD

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

KidVanguard posted:

I was dying when they were making fun of the Comedy Bang Bang podcast.

"We're gonna have two a week because we know that well won't run dry"

Mulaney was killing it.

Yes, they clearly weren't talking about WTF at all

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Anyone who is thinking....hmmmm maybe I shouldn't listen to that new Lapkus podcast is a PUSSY! (Knowwhatimtalkinbbbababout)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Love the idea and the actual shirt but I am a dad of two kids who can't really walk around with a shirt that says MOTHERFUCKERS

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Man, I remember reviewing Stars-Heart on my radio show in 2003. Elevator Love Letter was on a mix CD I made for my ex-girlfriend to whom I am now married. This was a fun little meeting of my worlds. Tourquil or whatever was on Q with the rapist Ghomeshi all the time, so I knew what to expect. Also, I love loving. Mm.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

mennoknight posted:

So I showed up super early for the live show in Montreal last night, must've read the time wrong. As I am in the lineup, and I don't want to sound like an rear end, here but, I wonder...why am I the basically the only white guy here? I expected a bunch of beards. Turns out I watched some guy from South Africa do an hour on apartheid and jokes about Zambia (he also literally did a "white people walk like THIS bit). The crowd for CBB was just as I expected. Beards and guts.

And this guy is now hosting the daily show. I sure have an eye for talent.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Alia from Dune on CBB? I could get used to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I didn't actually listen but seriously she was in Dune, lifetime pass. My brother is coming!