Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

crimedog posted:

I found this screenshot from the CBB TV show saved on my phone.

Just remembering this bit has me laughing out loud. I'm glad these are all on Netflix now so I can go back and watch them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

The live episode from SXSW just wrapped up, anyone else watch it? Tim Heidecker was in full-on anti-comedy mode, which I usually like or can at least put up with, but he was just obnoxious this time.

Uh oh, you said it. Cue all the people claiming there's no such thing as anti-comedy.

Of course I've never understood how claiming there's no such thing as anti-comedy is an argument in Heidecker's favor because if he's not doing it as a "thing" wouldn't that just mean the guy wasn't funny? Other comedians would get, "Boy I saw that guy at SXSW and he was really horrible, just sucked all the funny out of the room." But if Heidecker is going to consistently get that free pass, then why quibble with what that free pass is called?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I commented replied/commented on the Time Heidecker posts before I actually listened to the episode. I've hated some of his appearances in the past and when people mentioned it I just assumed I'd hate it again. But after listening to the episode, I enjoyed it and thought he was pretty funny. I enjoyed all the guests.

I do think he goes to the same disinterested bit too often, and when it bombs it bombs hard, but overall it didn't kill my enjoyment of the episode and I thought he had some nice moments.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I loved this episode. I can't ever get enough Cake Boss. I am going to go back and watch the video now, especially I want to see the moment when he mentions the instructions he got from the customer for the erotic cake. I was in stitches and it sounded like everyone in the studio was too.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I don't get the Hollywood Nights thing. Could someone explain?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
That was the first episode I had to turn off before the ending in a while. That was just painfully bad,

And that nonsense during the WYR theme was the last straw. :argh: Respect the theme man!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

kdrudy posted:

That was a fantastic episode.

Really? I get better lines from my friends' kids than that endless game of Fortunately/Unfortunately.

I can see why some people here may like this episode since the guests are "fan favorites", but seriously if you recommend Comedy Bang Bang to someone who has never heard it and direct them to this episode, they won't only never listen again, they are going to think there's something wrong with you.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Not a criticism, just an observation: He gave them a warning before closing the floor for questions.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

soggybagel posted:

Start from chronologically an listen to all of the episodes that have Andy Daly listed as a guest.

epitasis posted:

What he said but Paul F. Tompkins.

You're both right!

Eltoasto posted:

That's silly, Paul F Tompkins has only been on the show 3 times or so. But they are the best-of's so it would be a good starter ep.

Don't listen to this man. This is not true. I think this is an attempt at inside humor that you may misinterpret.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zsinjeh posted:

They were neck and neck by like 2 votes until PFT, in the biggest voting scandal this turn of the century, asked his twitter followers to specifically vote for Time Bobby without even listening or having prior knowledge of the other episodes !!!

I seriously doubt there are PFT twitter followers that don't listen to or have prior knowledge of CBB episodes.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

piratepilates posted:

I was 8 and wasn't living in North America when it came out, but I guess living in Canada you just absorb is out of osmosis.

I still don't know what song it is, but I knew right away that it was a song. I remember the "It's been" but nothing else. I remember it like "IT'S BEEN blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" *turn off audio device*

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm 20 minutes in to the Seth Rogan episode and he's already told two stories from the NPR interview I heard an hour ago. It's a shame there's no second guest/character. Hopefully the aforementioned games pick things up and it doesn't continue to be movie promo interview #17.

That said, it's almost impossible to follow up those last two episodes.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I was recommending CBB to my sister and when I told her to check out some episodes with Paul F Thompkins she said, "oh, I went to high school with him. We were in the plays together."

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FitFortDanga posted:

A very good friend of mine from college is PFT's sister-in-law. It's weird seeing pics on her FB page of the two of them just hanging out on the beach.

He's just like people!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

UP AND ADAM posted:

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Neil's rap was one of the funniest things I've ever heard on this show.

It wasn't the best, but I always feel like they are spoiling us with B-B-B-B-B-onus episodes anyway.

also this:

Jerkface posted:

Holy poo poo neil campbell's freestyle rap was killer creeptastic

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TLG James posted:

Do people actually like the TV show? I started listening to CBB a few months ago with my gf on road trips so when we saw the TV show was on at someone's house we decided to watch... It was pretty bad. I laughed maybe twice in the 2 episodes I saw.

They had me episode #1 with "We'll be right bark". But watch a few more episodes and maybe it will grow on you.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I used to think there were two types of people in the world: people who think PFT as cake boss is hilarious and people that hadn't yet heard PFT as cake boss.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

tnimark posted:

Really? I suppose I've only heard her on the Pod F Tompkast and NNF. She's pretty funny on those shows.

I concur, and I really miss the Pod F Tompcast. It's not like I am missing PFT since he makes so many appearances on other podcasts, but the Pod F Tompkast was different. Sure, he did his characters, but the highlight for me as just listening to him ramble over the piano in his own voice. It was truly, as billed, a nighttime podcast.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Goddamn it! I waited too long to buy tickets for the Comedy Bang! Bang! Live! show in Philly and now they are sold out :(

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

Holy poo poo, that is blatant.

Maybe that's why they pulled it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

GobiasIndustries posted:

I giggle every time I hear 'butt crack'. I am apparently still a child.

Also "titular character"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

epitasis posted:

great episode even a good WYR (rare)

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one too. The opening banter before Matt Walsh left was particularly enjoyable, but a solid episode throughout.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
catchphrase suggestion: It's been mere moments since I referenced a Bare Naked Ladies song.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Wompler should ditch Lissler. Lissler never says anything funny.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Where did this come from and can I get a poster?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

I had to stop listening a bit after they brought out George Bush. Is that segment good and do they play Would You Rather?

Strange. That's when I started enjoying it. I've heard the Todd Glass' angry uncomfortableness with his own homosexuality spiel plenty of times by now, and I sympathize with him, but he really needs to get over it. Most heterosexual men are not as freaked out by homosexuality as he seems to be.

Didn't get to WYR time yet so don't know if they do it or not.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

Oh no, I meant I had to stop actually listening to the podcast because I had to go somewhere. Not that it was painful to listen to.

I thought it was very good. Adomian is always great.

Also, bonus episode on Thursday!

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 2, 2014

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

GobiasIndustries posted:

This might have been my favorite episode of the year.

yeah, it was a great one.

Also, I didn't see the guest names and thought Marvin was Horatio Sanz until I looked it up after listening.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 25, 2016

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This podcast has changed the word "nice" for me.

Now any time something makes me exclaim "nice" my brain sings "Well it's Hollywood Facts and we're going downtown, going to Inglewood now. Everybody know your facts and know your stars, there's glitz and glamour and lots of bars. Get a drink at a club then go down in front of the Chinese theatre. Hollywood Facts. Take out your diiiiick!"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
check out the facts it's the Hollywood facts.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beenplumb/status/926097764995551233

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/CLImagiste/status/985329475255758848
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/985352937600724992

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I just saw the show in Philly.

Cake boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Another famous Thompkins character also made a brief appearance when Buddy went into a trantch but I won't spoil it.