Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I think he and Joey Diaz have had at it but I'm not sure if any of its occurred on the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is both the audio and video edited? On Joe's webpage it only mentions audio. I figure they were smoking on camera or something similar (I can't remember any time Joe or his guests have taken a rip on camera).

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really can't stand Brian. Ari Shaffir is on but all Brian is doing is acting like a little baby blowing up on Duncan Trussel. I find it weird the dude is on every Deathsquad podcast and I feel like hes riding coattails. I wish he'd work is magic (apparently hes magic) behind the scenes.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Apparently Duncan and Brian got into it a Joe's special in Atlanta. Joe even apologized for the podcast on twitter. I don't usually catch the meltdowns but for a moment I thought the dude was going to cry.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think hes closer to 40 than 30 sadly...

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Eddie Bravo and Joe are on and... no Brian! Hopefully this goes well and becomes a regular thing.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hopefully Brian is behind the scenes (if around at all). And I agree, the JRE definitely needs a third person to mix it up a bit. I could see an intelligent, laid back guy who isn't quite as "gorilla-gently caress-conspiracy-theories" as Joe, but still willing to talk wacky poo poo being a good compliment. Hopefully the new producer fits the bill.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow I did not know he produces all of those podcasts for free. I knew Joe paid him, but I thought that money was somehow also for the whole deathsquad thing/he was making money somehow.

It's still a little shady how he was paying/not paying, but I feel bad for hating on the dude when he puts in all of that work behind the scenes... although I do think he is incredibly immature sometimes (whether thats an act, I dont know).

I'm going to take a shower, I feel grimy.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think Dice is a guy who had a character that was so successful, he became him.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I couldn't make it through the Bobo podcast. The guy is an imbecile. Natives in Canada see bigfoot digging through their dumps but for some reason they "just don't" take pictures of the thing. Fishermen have to give bigfoot salmon or else they'll throw rocks at them... but they dont bait the thing and set up cameras because bigfoot can "sense their magnetic field". If you've been hunting bigfoot for years why wouldn't you go to these places and bait/take pics of the things yourself? Holy gently caress.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

*Inhales helium* bhagavad gita, man!

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jamie and the guy who invited Joe to join his lovelution should hold each other until they cry themselves to sleep.

There would have been disagreement either way but I think if Jamie was upfront and didn't collapse like a washcloth they would have been able to agree to disagree. We wouldnt have the drama of Jamie revealing how he really felt once he was safe and sound. Joe is definitely stubborn/not too perceptive so he's probably surprised, which is why he feels the truth was bent.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

toggle posted:

Is this to promote the Mexican cartel/Romney mormon compound story?

I was listening for a few minutes and it was mentioned at least once.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Joey James' special is on his website for $5 starting today. I assume its redban free so I think I'll fork over the cash.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I enjoy the show even if I haven't been a big listener lately. Its just some entertaining craziness to watch/listen to when I'm bored. Its turned me on to cool things like standup and people like Duncan, Ari, Bert and Joey.

Id actually call Ari's podcast my favorite because it's a little more structured and without the heavy conspiracy theories and MMA talk.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just gorilla gently caress those things into your mouth like a savage, son! GOT-drat!

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

well why not posted:

I actually think that Redban is smarter than Joe is.

At first I laughed and then thought.... its definitely possible.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I tweeted at him but he's probably too busy looking for whatever Bigfoot is hiding in his bushes to care.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought Rogan patched things up with Andy Duck? He was on the podcast but how wouldn't tell Andy his address or something?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought his last special was decent. I wouldn't group him in with the greats but I think he's solid. I agree it's all podcast stuff though. It's strange but I enjoy all the deathsquad guys on their podcasts more than their actual stand up. Except Brian though, he's just bad all the time.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I find Rollins pretentious to be honest. All he talks about is traveling into ghettos and how the US is the most dangerous place. He says he travels to ~learn about life~ and existence but I think he treats the third world like a museum and just hops back into his plane to go live comfortably elsewhere.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bert is funny or wait is he too elite for a monster truck show message board?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

ICHIBAHN posted:

Aye he is pretentious and takes himself very seriously but i doubt he lives the life of luxury that guy implied.

Perhaps he doesn't have a private plane but I'm not implying he goes back to a palace somewhere. My crappy condo in the suburbs and shopping at Walmart is cushy and comfy compared to the 3rd world places he visits.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a Church thread or is it here? Apparently Joey is doing acid tonight. I love the guy and don't know what to expect... could be a good thing, could be a bad thing. Has he done this kind of the before?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Nice trolling dude. Listen fellow SA posters, you should all study how this guy is trolling because we truly have a master in out mist.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Most people don't care about your opinions and just want to bullshit about Joseph James Rogan.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Labeling someone with a term as generic as the word "facist" is today: dumb

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's just tired bickering back and forth that's been done a million times before. Both sides just puts labels on the other that are so overused lately they dont even mean anything. It accomplishes nothing, sends no message other than "I'm mad at that stereotype of a person I've created in my head!" and shits up the thread.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

CortezFantastic posted:

There are many terms I could give them, but fascist is very easy to understand, and ultimately what they are.

Bro, terms like "facist" and "Nazi" have nearly 100 years of baggage attached to them. Hes hailing neither Benito Mussolini nor Adolf Hitler. And I'm sure Milo Yianappolos or whoever is the facist of the day would agree they're a little more nuanced than the textbook facist or else they'd just come out and say "Hey guys, I'm a facist!"

What qualities does he share with a facist? Why are they bad? What about him draws his fans and why do people really behind him? What's the root cause of people being so pissed they'd treat others like Nazis and facists treated people?

There is nothing constructive about labeling him especially when it's so overused.

IMO it's just proxy war/yelling match between two polar opposites of the political spectrum and we have D&D to argue that garbage.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I routinely beat people who don't agree with me, just ask my wife and kids.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
What credible evidence is there that POC are actually, wrongfully under attack? The media will have you believe that people are running for cover. Annecdotally, I've seen none of it. Outside of the statistically insignificant shootings/terrorist attacks (mostly perpetrated by POC)/ handful of cases where a POC from poverty is shot by the police I don't see the evidence. I don't buy into the America is racist and hateful rhetoric. I think it's the media whipping people into a frenzy and people are too angry from the economic downturn or ignorant to realize it.

Comparitively, America is a much better place for POC than it was just 60 or 70 years ago. Is it perfect? Hell no. Not even 200 years ago people were keeping slaves. Can it be better? Yeah, probably. Can we use hate crime statistics from other countries as a benchmark? I don't think so. America is not an ethnically homogeneous place and that brings its own set of problems not many other countries share.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Haverchuck posted:

gutting of the voting rights act by scotus followed by immediate, systematic reinstatement of jim crow laws designed to combat """""""""""""""voter fraud"""""""""""""""""

Are those laws specifically targeting POC or will they also impact the poor? What I'm getting at is I don't think what we're dealing with is a race war, but a class war. Nobody with money is going to admit this because thatd mean sharing their riches. Instead they just want to toss them in prison.

Yes, there is definitely some tension between Americans and Middle Eastern people, and for good reason as we're blowing up their homes for dubious reasons

I think it's a class war because a lot of the problems POC face are also faced by poor white people.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I still stand by my thought that it's a class war and not a race war. Poor white people wouldnt have many of the problems they have if they had money. If what is claimed about the North Carolina GOP is true that's terrible, but I don't think the root cause of their hatred for black people is because of their skin color but because they've associated being black with doing stupid poo poo that poor people do.

All I'm saying is that if wealth were more evenly distributed a lot of this poo poo would stop.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Discrimination based on hair or eye color isn't widespread so Im not going to believe that people legitimately hate each other because of their skin color and that there isn't some underlying cause.

I don't mean to argue racism doesn't exist but I am trying to say that it's a symptom of something else.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has anyone heard of when Ari will be on next? I generally enjoy his episodes and he's been AWOL from posting his own podcast for a while.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think it's in Joe's best interest to keep the peace with guests on his show. You don't want guests turning down your invite because they thing a gorilla is going to be screaming at them. I don't think Joe particularly cares if someone disagrees with him either so why hold a grudge?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think he was just talking about what happens to your body when you're naked in space and now he's talking about startrek. Follow me on twitter while I live tweet it, dudes.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pocket Billiards posted:

So we have Trump administration going after legal pot, ramping up military industrial complex and attacking net neutrality. Is the JRE still going to be a conga line of alt-right cheerleaders?

Joe should have you on to talk about how the aliens dropped you here to wildly exaggerate things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

hot sauce posted:

Also, does alt right just mean conservative now?

No... well yes for some people but those people have always believed conservatives are evil demons so you've gotta know who you're talking to.