Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
You definitely dont want to.
humanize your enemy. There are people, who definitely aren't us, who are too dumb to discount their enemy's arguments upon their merit. It is our duty to make sure our enemies are treated like animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish Joe would get back to just doing shows with lots of Duncan/Ari/Joey like the first couple hundred episodes.

Hes back at the comedy store and if there are a bunch of funny as hell up and coming comics anywhere it's there, he should get them on the podcast. If he's not making money from this then what's the incentive to book these strange and boring people?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

wolfbiker posted:

because they're not strange and boring to him, and he doesn't care about what you think? i agree with you, but i think he just does what he wants and knows people will listen regardless. also, i imagine he's making a lot of money from the podcast ads.

Maybe you're right about not caring. I guess that's the flip-side of him just doing whatever he wants (which is the reason the podcast is so good many times).

He might make money but I still don't think he's doing it for the money, a distinction I should have made.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lee sounds like he's a cool guy but drat could Joey use someone more like himself to riff off of. Lee has no loving energy, like 0° Kelvin. He asks good questions but the guy does not compliment Joey at all.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought Lee was married. If by pussy on the reg you mean his wife he's probably got that girl trapped.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
If I remember correctly Jamie was there before he left and his responsibilities were slowly diminished.

Redban is probably one of the stupidest people living. He had a podcast "network" with a lot of really good comics before podcasting really took off and someone (Joe) to bankroll the thing and he hosed it up in every way possible. Really, what individual really thinks it's a good idea to try and be the co-host of every podcast on the network?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

It's hip to pile on Tyson now, that's about the extent of it.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lampsacus posted:

Dream guest: Art Bell.

I'm surprised Joe hasn't been able to get him on since Joe clearly loves the guy. All of Art's Coast to Coast reboots have failed and he's had some public drama so maybe he's downright refused and is holed up in some crazy prepper basement waiting for Alex Jones.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I listened to the first hour of it this morning and Ill definitely be finishing it later. It's good so far... it's an interesting look into go the family operates and how some of them really believe they're following the word of god.

I thought she was a POS before I realized she had left the church.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
He touched on not hosting on an intro/outro of his podcast and didn't sound very upset about it at all.

He seems like he might be grimey and doesn't give a poo poo about much but his podcast is consistently more entertaining than Joe's IMO.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Redban was terrible but I'd welcome this just for the aww gently caress factor.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Previa_fun posted:

I used to buy into Joe Rogan's descriptions of using DMT and psychedelics in a sensory deprivation tank in my drug-doing days so I checked out this thread to see if his podcast would be any good and basically all he does now is interview right-wing reactionaries snake oil salesmen on his podcast for morons? lol ok.

If you believe everything that angry jaded goons with no lives say, then yes.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

itsnice2bnice posted:

Feel free to look at the actual comments on that episode instead of just imagining things.

Why are you supporting someone who you believe is providing the perfect platform for actual neo-nazis?

If only Joe Rogan had a podcast where he talked endlessly about what he believes in WRT these kind of topics, then you wouldn't have to assume anything.

This is ultimately just more of the same complaining and vague insinuations that anyone who isn't 100% on board with every aspect of progressive internet politics is an alt-right neo-nazi who hates women, homosexuals and everyone who isn't exactly like them.

If Joe Rogan is the "perfect platform" for the alt-right then I wonder what are the Stormfront message boards, or any of the results that come up when you google "alt-right podcast" are.

Joe could be all about universal healthcare, guaranteed income and every other, generally agreed upon progressive tenet but the moment he makes a minor deviation from that standard someone will call him alt-right. Just like the adage "If you cut down a hundred trees, you're not a lumberjack. But if you suck one dick, you're a cocksucker."

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hate admitting this because I feel like such a moron in hindsight but I did drugs in the jungle too. Most of the people who were there with me were super depressed or idiots. One guy thought all of the missing children had been abducted by the Jews and turned into McDonald's burgers. He was not kidding.

In other words, I am not surprised Aubrey or whatever his name is now is a dummy.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Odddzy posted:

Tell me more, I promise I don't judge.

What do you want to know? Ayahuasca is disgusting. It tastes like chocolate and some chemical poo poo you'd find underneath your sink and thinking about it makes me want to gag 4 years later. Drinking it gave me awful spins and nausea... worst loving experience of my life. I almost poo poo my pants, couldn't walk and forgot I was sitting on the toilet when I made it to the bathroom.

A lot of the people there had some pretty deep seated emotional issues. Depression, general sense of being lost, some people didnt share why they went. One Indian guy had done it 14 times... I couldn't figure out what his angle was but I think his family was disappointed with him.

Most of them were hippy conspiracy theory people. Sandy Hook didn't happen, 9/11 was an inside job, can't trust science (except for the science behind the plane you flew in to get there!) McDonald's burger guy thought sun screen gave you cancer so never wore any.

I did it because I thought acid was fun so why not try this? I came home $2000 poorer and with a case of the shits.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol rekt

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Odddzy posted:

Interesting. How do you vet a guy that's supposed to guide you through the trip? How did you meet the other guys? Only men would do it?

It was facilitated by some English guy... he was working as the interpreter for the Peruvian shaman. I had done some internet searched for reviews on the place and it seemed ok. And it was for the most part. The "shaman" was also a farmer who was into sustainability and I enjoyed hanging out on his farm a lot more than the tripping part. I thought the English guy was odd and he was for reasons I'll get into.

I met the other participants in Iquitos when I landed. Half were cool the other half were nuts. There were some women in the mix who seemed fairly normal as far as people doing drugs in the rain forest go.

What struck me odd is everyone there was very masochistic. They were all interested in "cleansing" and putting themselves through some lovely experiences for some kind of self enlightenment. One day everyone did a "tobacco cleanse"... we were instructed to drink a glass of warm tobacco juice, wait 20 minutes and then chug a gallon of warm water so that you vomit violently. I told them all they were nuts and dumb for wanting to willingly do that.

Someone ended up dying doing the tobacco cleanse a few months later. Apparently he couldn't vomit up all of the juice and got nicotine poisoning and died screaming in pain. The facilitator told him he had to tough it out as the tobacco was cleansing him. They no longer do the tobacco purge. Those people are so open minded their brains fell out long ago.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Odddzy posted:

I find all that super interesting, what piqued your interest in doing the trip and going into the jungle for this? If it's too personal, where did you learn about this stuff?

I was a bored 22 year old college kid who wanted to do something adventurous so I booked a ticket. I was almost looked down upon being there for fun and not trying to find an answer of some sort. I actually learned about it through JRE (stupid, I know) and a few other places.

The story I was told was that the Shaman was doing the ceremonies to support his cocoa farm and chocolate business. I really wonder how much that guy ever saw considering it was $800 for 5 days and we slept in wood huts and ate river fish while we were there. Just to give perspective, nice hotels were $50 a night in the city.

Here's an article about the kid who died, sad really:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-14/grieving-parents-issue-warning-on-ayahuasca-danger/8345808

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jew debacle aside, the guy has done some interesting things. He has made some decent films and is the only guy in Hollywood who has bothered exploring new and interesting ways to eat burgers.

Edit* Ok I'm coming back to say that I was wrong and if hes on with this Dr. he has gone deeper into the loony bin.

a dingus fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 18, 2018

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evil Agita posted:

Uuh don't hassle the Hoff bro

Uh oh I thought that was Mel Gibson. They look so similar so just try and imagine it.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its cool I'm jewish so I give you permission to call it a debacle

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh cool, the "Joe Rogan is a Nazi" argument again. Yes, this slap fight is always entertaining, please continue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Megazver posted:

He doesn't really bust anyone's balls. His shtick is mostly sympathetically nodding to everyone as they dig their own grave.

Joe used to talk about how much he loved Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell which essentially had the same style. Art would have all of these conspiracy theory nut cases on and he'd gently egg the guest on while they said stupid junk. Rogan is just doing the same thing IMO.