Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I'm halfway through the Eddie Bravo episode now and it's pretty spectacular. Redban really talking up the new iPhone, Eddie predicting that he'll be smoking weed with his son... One of the worst. Not has bad as that Michael Schiavello episode, that guy is a complete fuckwit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Holy poo poo Doug Stanhope AND Joey Diaz on tomorrow?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Grant DaNasty posted:

When Joey Diaz talks about sex it's just so nasty. I kind of want to hear an audio book of Joey reading Penthouse Forum stories with his own spin on them.

"And then he gets in dere n' eats that hot sweaty monkey."

"If I saw Chaz Bono at the Coffee Bean I'd say show me your pickle"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

CortezFantastic posted:

Listening to the new Callen and Jimmy Burke episode. Dunno if I can get through it because I'm finding Jimmy incredibly annoying and fake.

Check out the Bryan Callen show with Chris D'Elia through deathsquad.tv instead. It's hilarious all the way through.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Advice posted:

I'm torn on Redban. On the one hand, he is annoying as poo poo and acts like a petulant child when he doesn't get his way. He talks too fast when he gets excited and trips all over his own ADD, which is also annoying.

But he's also scolded far too much by Joe lately. Whereas a few months back Joe would laugh and poke fun at him whenever he had some bonehead idea and would make it like something he did on purpose, you know, good-naturedly, as of late he gets seriously angry and calls Brian some mean-spirited and personal things. Really calls him out on being uninformed and childish. It gets to be so bad I'm shifting uncomfortably in my car driving to work. Joe tries way too hard to look cool and open-minded to his guests, I sort of miss when they were a team and not Joe inviting one of the cool kids over and shunning Brian.

Often times he's just being silly or playing Devil's Advocate to hippie talk and thinks it's funny, he's not trying to gently caress things up. Joe acts like he's ruining The Great Podcast of our time by being a stoner and throwing in his Olive Garden joke.

Redban committing to telling the story of him smoking the fluro orange moth poo poo was pretty funny. Joe got a kick out of it.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Cjones posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks Sam Harris is a loving wanker, right? I wasn't sure until I heard the podcast and gently caress, he was a worse guest than "honey honey". Get Bolelli and Bert back on ASAP.

I haven't listened to that episode yet, but that linked youtube posted was pretty interesting. Then I watched a few more of his "lecutres" and yeah, he really is a poo poo.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

nemoulette posted:

Yeah I love Gaffigan but had some trouble seeing him on the show. But it was great. I think it benefitted from not being another 3 hour behemoth, something I don't think is very good for the show anyway.

The long ones are alright when I'm driving to and from work. But I imagine watching it in one sitting would be pretty brutal.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Google Butt posted:

I feel like if you really like Duncan's style, his podcast is all time.

I did find it funny that his ad for Adam and Eve on the Raghu Markus episode was pretty tame compared to other episodes. No mention of buttplugs or jizz blasting

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

McKenna?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Quake

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Jay Mohr blasted Redban on Twitter.

1. You are not a comic.
2. You have a fake "stage" name.
3. You are Ed McMahon on your own network
4. Comics leave you, because of you.
5. You are not respected by your peers.
6. Change your label name to Exodus.
7. I offered you a job
8. you lied and said I asked you to buy me poo poo.
9. Dark will never defeat Light.
10. http://youtu.be/o8eyWuqRSMM

Ugh..it's Redban. Why get so fired up about him? I still laugh at the Olive Garden jokes to be honest.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Cromulent posted:

I just don't think Brian should be on air. He's not funny, entertaining, charismatic, articulate, etc. I don't even mean that as an insult, since the vast majority of people aren't those things either. Up until the podcast, Brian was pretty much just a behind-the-scenes guy with Joe. When Joe would go on Opie and Anthony, Brian was always there, just never on air (because he isn't funny. There's a reason Ari would go on air when he was with Joe and not Brian). Joe needed someone to talk to when he started the podcast, so he did it with Brian, and here we are. Brian is suddenly a "stand-up" and an on-air personality, despite the fact that he's always been a video/audio production guy. He should stay off-camera and off-mic.

I agree with all this, but those random butthole/Olive Garden "jokes" really break up the "can you imagines". I doubt he would step back from being so involved in the show and conversations, so expect more random Olive Gardens, 7s and buttholes, unfortunately. Or less? Maybe Joe will put his foot down?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ZeroDays posted:

I'm of the opinion that Redban is a "love to hate" character that people don't consciously realise they appreciate, and that his removal would leave a gaping goatse-like void that could only be filled with a similar 4chan-esque personality to complete the bitter-sweetness that makes the Rogan Podcast. I believe he's an effective lightning rod that attracts the angst that would otherwise be directed at Rogan, a character who's often as infuriating as Redban.

If Redban wasn't part of the podcast, this thread would shrivel. Face it, hating him is half the fun.

A good post.

Also remember that Redban fucks playmates. :stare:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

mcvey posted:

Is Duncans podcast any good?

I usually skip the first 20 minutes, but check out the Bert Kreischer episodes.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ZeroDays posted:

I always enjoy the first 20 minutes, it's the rest that's hit-and-miss. The Daniel Bolelli episode was fantastic, with a well-spoken guest that Duncan brings out the best in (unlike his appearances on JRE), whereas the Tim Heidecker episode, while capturing and maintaining my interest in the same way a car-wreck does, was rescued only by Heidecker's amusingly analytical response to Duncan's repeated attempts to impute homosexuality on him. I'll continue listening to The Family Hour, but it's just as inconsistent as the JRE.

The Daniel Bolelli episode was great. The Johnny Pemberton one was pretty good as well, especially when he started doing a "baby Duncan in North Carolina" accent.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

I dont know how good bad his science was, but John Anthony West was almost impossible to listen to. He had a noisy fan going the entire time and could not complete a thought because he kept going off on tangent after tangent. Hes a horrible interview.

Best part was when he just left to stop his dog from barking.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

woah

can you imagine

quake

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

It's pretty funny how uncomfortable Joe gets from him at times. Gold

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

That's very true.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Stabbing Spork posted:

I had no idea who Kevin Pereira was, but I thought I'd listen to the episode for a bit to see how it was, and he's hilarious. He's really witty and always has a funny response. He's waaaay more into nerd poo poo than Joe or Brian are, which is fun because it makes them all talk about different things. I'll definitely tune in again when he's on.

Then I tried listening to Adam Kokesh and that guy is just an annoying libertarian nutbag. Only lasted 20 minutes before turning it off.

All his episodes are great and worth a listen. I liked the story he told about him being so desensitized from the internet where he was watching some filth video while eating cereal.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Powerful week of guests!

I skipped the first honeyhoney podcast, was it any good?

It was ok, lots of "you're awesome! no you are!"

I'm half way through this squatch episode and it's absolutely hilarious.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Is the Tito Ortiz one worth a listen?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Nice line up on the podcast this week: Bryan Callen, Dice, Jamie Kilstein, Everlast and Duncan. Get it on

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Joe Rogan Gender Theory 101

New thread title?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

Tosh. He said something, he apologized, and he's moving on with his career. Tosh is the real winner here.

Well at least someone won because the listeners sure didn't.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I can't believe I listened through that entire Kilstein episode. That last 40 mins was awful. His voice is so...effeminate. I imagine his wife would be pretty controlling?

cool guy :jerkbag:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Oh yeah! Completely!!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

An oldie but a goodie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_oU935xTZw

Just realised that the robot has fleshlights for hands.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I think it's pistol bolt to head, then some duder slits their throat. When the bolt hits them they're pretty much knocked out and can't feel anything. So...fairly humane I guess. As humane as blasting a cow's head with a metal rod.

That's how halal is done in Australia anyway.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

DerbyTime!!! posted:

DTFH is the best podcast and every episode is a gem. Sorry for ur lots.

The Brody Stevens one was really good. "Do you like feet? Yes. But they have to be clean"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Paul Pot posted:

That would be surprising, are you certain about this or just JREing? Halal/Kosher places emphasis on the animal being conscious, so much so that Jews/Muslims cried holocaust/islamophobia when the Dutch parliament tried to mandate stunning of animals before slaughter.

Well I work with a national meat wholesaler and he says this is what is done for Halal killing in Australia. So who knows? I wouldn't think it's different from country to country though?

Maybe he has been Halal killing cows wrongly for decades???

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

He's got the vice guy on right now. Don't have time to watch it now so I hope he gets the audio up soon.

Is this to promote the Mexican cartel/Romney mormon compound story?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Anyone else find Sam Tripoli a complete fuckwit?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I love it when girls call me the N-word in bed

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

"Joe, you and I are made of meat"
"woah"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

who else just bought a lifetime's supply of zinc for MASSIVE LOADS???

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

So how many more 20 minute hemp fact filled rants do you think Joe can do this year?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Pretty good lineup this week:

Joe Rogan posted:

Today @TFerriss Mon @DBolelli Tues @reallesstroud Weds @GregProops #BOOM #SUCKIT

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The McAfee dude is apparently on tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

indoflaven posted:

Yeah wtf is this actually the guy? I thought he was under arrest? Did he post bail and decide to go on Joe Rogans podcast?

I thought he was on the run?