Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

chazburgr posted:

What are some of the best episodes in terms of comedy and discussion in the last couple months?

The Tim Ferriss one was pretty interesting. The guy is bizarre sperglord genius that has done some cool stuff, and documented it all. The Anthony Bourdain one is also good for people who want to hear what goes on behind the scenes on his show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
It was so awkward when Eddie called Renato in the middle of the podcast to continue their weed argument. Why did he think that would be a good idea?

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
He spends 5 minutes promoting a product in a way that he is comfortable with, and then he gives you 2-3 hours of free entertainment. Whats the big deal?

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
This episode with Ricky Ross is amazing. I like it when Joe has a real guest that he kinda interviews, instead of just hanging with his friends all the time telling the same stories, or talking about comedy store drama that most listeners don't know anything about.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

SKULE123 posted:

Didn't realize Rogan may be visiting Montreal late this year!

Joe does shows whenever the UFC travels somewhere.
The UFC is doing shows in Toronto in September, and Montreal in November, and Rogan is doing shows there on the same weekends.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

Nuja posted:

About Kevin Pereira, am I the only one who completely digs every time hes on?

I had no idea who Kevin Pereira was, but I thought I'd listen to the episode for a bit to see how it was, and he's hilarious. He's really witty and always has a funny response. He's waaaay more into nerd poo poo than Joe or Brian are, which is fun because it makes them all talk about different things. I'll definitely tune in again when he's on.

Then I tried listening to Adam Kokesh and that guy is just an annoying libertarian nutbag. Only lasted 20 minutes before turning it off.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
the JRE forums are going to get shut down after someone overdoses on Alphabrain, DMT, and HGH and turns into Tim Roth in The Incredible Hulk.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

Birthday Cake posted:

On a more positive note, GSP on tuesday.

This was a good podcast if you're a GSP fan. You get to hear him talk about defending himself from an alien abduction using his Katana.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
Josh Barnett was on again for any MMA fans and he was hilarious. Only he can go from talking about Magic: the Gathering, to how to deal with muay thai knees in the clinch in one podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

wolfbiker posted:

They talked a lot about MMA and jiu jitsu.

He also talked about how licking frogs buttholes gets you high because mushrooms are called "toadstools".