Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

System Metternich posted:

Well, and now he's resigned. But now because of his Hitler antics, but because of this:

which earned him an investigation by the prosecutor for a possible charge of Volksverhetzung. A real charmer, that guy :allears:

Positionspapier der PEGIDA posted:

1. PEGIDA ist FÜR die Aufnahme von Kriegsflüchtlingen und politisch oder religiös Verfolgten. Das ist Menschenpflicht!

3. PEGIDA ist FÜR dezentrale Unterbringung der Kriegsflüchtlinge und Verfolgten, anstatt in teilweise menschenunwürdigen Heimen!

Welp, so much for that little bit of deflection :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

While those Antifa dudes can go ahead and die in a fire for throwing poo poo at a demonstration of parents/children/generic idiots for all I care, are we seriously aufkläring our kids at age 7 these days?

Is South Park real life now?

It's not even really a matter of "these days". 15+ years ago when I went to elementary school we also had the first sex-ed classes in the 3rd grade, and it wasn't a big deal. If I remember correctly it really only covered the very basics like what sex even is as a concept and that that's where babies come from, and maybe touched a bit on puberty.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

Tatsächliche Pädophilie als primäre Sexualpräferenz halte ich für eine sehr seltene, in der Debatte vollkommen überbewertete Erscheinung, die kontraproduktiv populistische Tendenzen erzeugt. Kindesmissbrauch in Institutionen ist für mich hingegen ein ganz anderes Thema, da geht es vielmehr um die Machtfrage.
Ich halte von Psychiatern und Psychologen im Allgemeinen sehr wenig. Die Vorstellung in der Branche tätig zu sein, ist für mich daher eher fiktiv. Wenn ich auf dieser Ebene Verantwortung für eine entsprechende Einrichtung tragen müsste, würde ich nicht viel Zeit damit verschwenden, nach Anzeichen von Pädophilie zu suchen, sondern vorallem nach nekrophilen. Nekrophile Neigungen müssen sich keineswegs auf eine Leiche beziehen, nur ist die Leiche das stärkste Sinnbild für Wehrlosigkeit. Es wird in der Branche viel von Freud, Jung und Fromm geredet, doch das wichtigste Handwerkszeug der Sprachanalyse beherrschen nur die wenigsten. Nur wer beispielsweise "Vergangenheitsbewältigung" richtigerweise als eine psychopathologische Wortschöpfung erkennen kann, kann auch den verborgenen Wunsch nach abnormen Sexualverhalten herauslesen.

Comment sections on german news sites are really something special. I don't know if it's because they're usually moderated, but often they are so long-winded, overwrought and filled with a downright pomposity that makes them extra hilarious to read. :allears:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

true story, the energy produced specifically at chernobyl caused about as many deaths per kilowatt hour as the average (i think) european coal plant

i did the maths for this in another thread a while back, it's crazy. fukushima doesn't even register. being categorically opposed to nuclear energy is a purely reactionary policy

I'm pretty sure that even solar and wind end up with a higher rate of deaths/kWh than nuclear, just through construction and maintenance accidents. Nuclear generators simply put out a completely ridiculous amount of power.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The original document is a pretty interesting read as well.

:allears:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mightypeon posted:

I am pretty pro GDL strike. For me it boils down to the following thing:
-The new rule (very probably unconstitutional) would empower the big Unions against the small ones.
-The big Unions are typically in bed with business. They are also very heavily entwined with the political classes.
-Employees would loose any choice about the Union they are represented by
-Frankly, the current move by the SPD would ironically enough move the situation in Germany closer to that in Putins Russia, were Unions are indirectly run by the ruling party, and have a twofold role of both preempting genuine Union organisation from the bottom up and to move against business interests the state wants to reduce a bit.

Speaking of the strike: I've read some conflicting sources on this, but isn't the EVG already authorised to negotiate on behalf of the minority of conductors organised with them? Because that seems to be exactly the same thing that the GDL is asking for for their own non-conductor members.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Libluini posted:

Deutsche Leistungskurse sind seltsam abhängig von den Lehrern, die man kriegt. In meinem Leistungskurs Geschichte hatten wir einen hypermotivierten Lehrer, der darauf bestand alles nach Universitätsniveau zu machen und in meinem Leistungskurs Deutsch war einer frisch von der Uni. Abgesehen von der Tortur mit den langweiligsten Büchern, die man sich vorstellen konnte, blieb er in meinem Gedächtnis hängen als er mir ernsthaft sagte, meine sarkastischen Kommentare würden den Unterricht zersetzen und den anderen Schülern schaden. :v:

This is Germany, Lehrkraftzersetzung traditionally is no laughing matter :colbert:

But yeah, even before the centralisation of the Abitur things could be very uneven. Some schools had a long-standing reputation for basically handing out easy Abis, and it's not just a matter of the content. During one of my own (centralised) written LK exams I observed one of the supervising teachers pretty much explaining stuff to students in a way that went way past just clarifying the exercises because he realised he hadn't properly covered that part of the curriculum during class. That was probably hella verboten in a number of ways.

Though the best thing was being told halfway through the chemistry exam that there had been an error in one of the exercises as printed, it was missing a certain key variable without which it had been literally unsolvable.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 20, 2015

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

wayfinder posted:

I'll have you know I've probably got a two- or three-digit IQ too so

I'm very happy with my IQ of 98, after all that means only 2 % of people are smarter than me :v:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Seems like the Ireland decision has reignited the gay marriage debate over here as well, the comment sections on the various news sites have turned into a hilarious minefield. There probably won't be much movement on the issue under this administration, but personally I'm hoping it'll end up as another wedge issue in the AfD's current internal bickering. :allears:

"More Volksabstimmungen! But no Gender Mainstreaming! But more Volksabstimmungen! But no Gender Mainstreaming!"

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

http://www.zeit.de/2015/20/gleichberechtigung-politik-aussehen-schoenheit

Am I dreaming or does this article make literally no sense? :psyduck: Also "Rassismus gegen attraktive Politikerinnen", wtf

I guess I get the basic point because there has been a surprisingly loud tenor along the lines of "FDP only made its recent gains because they put up pretty female candidates and sex sells :smug:" but goddamn that is one incoherent article.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Best/Worst part:

quote:

Aufgebracht sollen auch mehrere CSU-Politiker reagiert haben. Auf einer Sitzung ihrer Fraktion im bayerischen Landtag kritisierten sie den Sender scharf und forderten, an dessen Intendanten, Ulrich Wilhelm, einen Protestbrief zu schreiben. Kritik hätte den Sender auch über den Zuschauerservice erreicht. Dort hätten sich Menschen gemeldet, die "sich fragen und sich wundern", sagte eine BR-Sprecherin.

Just a matter of time until Seehofer lodges a formal complaint with the ESA for letting such an un-christian symbol shine from our night sky every month.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Only tangentially related, but I trawled through the comments on the relevant Zeit.de article and stumbled over this guy:

Wasn't there something about Russia having a dedicated propaganda unit for blogs, comment sections, etc.? :allears:

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 26, 2015

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

One more reason why the north is objectively the best place to live :smug:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

Lmao, German news comments are a cultural treasure. UNESCO needs to preserve that stuff.

Aren't they just? Just a few days ago I stumbled over a guy complaining that people would apply for asylum so that they could be living here, and I quote, "in Saus und Braus" on the aid they get while their application is being processed. Yeah man, look at them living large on those ~140€ a month. :allears:

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 12, 2015

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Say, speaking of asylum and everything, has anybody managed to put together a number of the total cost of the whole asylum system per year, from the federal level down to the regional one? Or at least a reasonable estimate? The closest thing I found was that the Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz cost about 1 billion euro in 2012, but obviously housing, transportation, etc. would be significant factors as well. It seems like having a somewhat concrete number would be pretty useful in putting the whole issue into perspective.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

niethan posted:

Jesus christ

Yeah, it's getting pretty loving disgusting. In pretty much every comments section of a refugee-related news story you'll now find people complaining how the coverage is "too one-sided". What would be the "other side" of "there are a whole bunch of refugees fleeing this way", yout ask? Well, of course it's how it affects us poor regular folks over here, who are obviously the real victims. The most ridiculous poo poo I've seen to date was a guy raising the alarm about how a sudden influx of refugees might exacerbate the lack of available apartments in some cities, causing living costs to rise. It was literally "Well sure they escaped the worst humanitarian crisis of our time, but what about my rent? :qq:"

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cicero posted:

Someone in BFC just said that all German university courses are taught in English, which I'm pretty sure is wrong. Is it?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3555678&pagenumber=402&perpage=40#post449939308

ArchangeI posted:

Yeah, no. A lot of universities might have courses that are taught in English, but the vast majority is done in German. Depends on the field, of course, maybe engineering is different. Pretty much all universities have a language center where you can learn German as a second language, though, and I'd imagine those are taught in English.

Yeah, same experience here. I'm in CS, which is probably one of the more predominantly English-speaking fields, and still pretty much all of the courses are held in German. To my recollection we had exactly one course that was outright held in English because it was held by a foreign guest docent. There were also a handful where the whole thing (i.e. slides and materials) was prepared in English, but if it turned out that everybody in the audience actually was a native German speaker anyways the oral lecture itself would just be held in German as well.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

So some demented fag (please refer to South Park S13E12 for the definition of the word fag) attacked a politician?

I mean, did you all expect that about 10000 new refugees per day would not lead to some social tension?

Yeah, honestly she's kinda had it coming. Walking out in public with policies like that, right where every extremist can see her? That's just common sense. :jerkbag:

Seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

It's baffling since they've been virtually invisible.

Probably some Rückwanderung from the AfD since Lucke made his exit?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

wayfinder posted:

There's always more, and it's always worse.

I agree with the person who said "Sieht aus als würden wir alle noch rausfinden, was wir damals getan hätten."

Oh man, that's just amazing. Within just two paragraphs he goes from "the immigrating muslims are gonna threaten our women's sexual self-determination" to "we must make sure our women don't actually use their sexual self-determination to sleep with these sexy, sexy muslims."

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cingulate posted:

The original 100 questions weren't too good, but that's just a stunning display of functional illiteracy there.

Partway through I started to wonder whether the guy maybe has legit autism.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Schurik posted:

Putting sauce on a breaded schnitzel is kinda dumb though, in his defense.

Jägerschnitzel best Schnitzel :colbert:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Libluini posted:

It just dawned on me, that channel is like the German version of "Englisch für Reingefallene." Now I'm feeling nostalgic for Otto. :3:

"poo poo loving car" = "Schönes, funkelndes Auto"

Aw man, good times :3:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Riso posted:

German humour is either about being a sarcastic smart-rear end or saying things very loudly and repeatedly.

Incorrect, it's also about bad puns and weird sounds. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6zH69q6QUM

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Hahaha the new protective equipment of Bavarian police :laffo:

Das ist ein netter Helm
für einen Clown
um ihn im Zirkus zu tragen

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So, the AfD just had their convention, and it didn't disappoint in terms of crazy poo poo. Among other fun stuff, it featured regional chairman Armin Hampel suggesting that we should re-introduce conscription for asylum seekers and then make them go back and fight in their homelands:

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2015-11/alternative-fuer-deutschland-parteitag-frauke-petry-hannover posted:

Der niedersächsische Vorsitzende Armin-Paul Hampel zum Beispiel fordert, für alle 18-45-jährigen Syrer und Iraker, die sich in Deutschland aufhalten, die Wehrpflicht einzuführen und sie zum Kampf in ihren Heimatländern aufzufordern.

"Oh, you came here because back home you're worried that you're going to be killed in a civil war? Here's the solution: We make you go back to that civil war, except this time directly into the places where all the fighting is! That'll do the trick!" :psyduck:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ich habe mal sicherheitshalber beim Ordnungsamt angefragt, ob man denn auch an Weihnachten noch den Rasen mähen darf. Die haben gemeint es sei alles in Ordnung, solange man die Nachbarn nicht beim Grillen stört. :v:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

ArchangeI posted:

Beamte kennen die eigenen Gesetze nicht!

I loved the argumentation that the American foreign minister "accidentally" invalidated the German constitution in 1990, just by talking about it. Fragile thing, our constitution.

Well, there is a subsection of crazies who basically understand legal language as magical incantations. See also US sovereign citizens with their "I do not consent to this joinder" as a get-out-of-jail spell. I suppose there's probably a german equivalent where you stand in front of a mirror and chant "Kaiserreich" three times.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

ArchangeI posted:

It's amazing how people are arguing that it is in any way legal to shoot at people for crossing the border illegally, as if the Mauerschützenprozesse, which went over THIS EXACT TOPIC hadn't already declared that it wasn't.

This seems to be a pretty decent breakdown of the legalities of it: http://blogs.deutschlandfunk.de/berlinbruessel/2016/01/30/schusswaffengebrauch-an-der-grenze/

But yeah, TL;DR: There are theoretical instances in which the use of firearms is permitted, but just illegally crossing the border on its own doesn't qualify.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Just for shits and giggles, who would you like to see lead the SPD?

Come to think of it, Gysi in that post would be hilarious.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Of course they'd use the loving Tiger tank. "Oh no, we didn't mean anything by it. We just used the most iconic nazi tank because, uh... you know. Tradition."

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

http://m.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/a-1076670.html

Lmao, just some harmless Wutbürger listening to Nordfront, getting blackout drunk, shouting about scheiss Neger and researching Molotov cocktails on the internet. Nothing to see here. Just concerned citizens, who felt helpless about some darkies moving into their village. They are not racist or right wing extremists and if some darky Germans from Africa had moved into that house they would have set their children's bedroom on fire just the same. Race realists. :allears:

Is there a name among lawyers for a defense like that? Kamikaze Verteidigung?

Perhaps they looked overseas at the cases of "gay panic" defenses and figured they'd try for brown panic instead?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

pidan posted:

Germany: Overrun with Indian ladies.

I assume she didn't want to use one of the "scary headscarf" images because she knows that would make her look bad. So instead she chose a picture of generic scary brown people :downs:

Related:

https://www.facebook.com/najilebnani/videos/1682598725317693/

Turns out that that is literally her excuse:

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2016-02/erika-steinbach-tweet-rassismus-twitter-fremdenfeindlichkeit-foto posted:

Steinbach sagte jetzt, das Foto zeige lediglich ein Problem, das die Menschen umtreibe. "Es ist kein aggressives Foto. Es sind auch keine arabischen Flüchtlinge darauf zu sehen, sondern freundliche Inder, die das Kind neugierig und interessiert ansehen." Auf die Frage, ob Deutschland 2030 wirklich so aussehen könne wie auf dem Foto, antwortete sie: "Die Daten deuten darauf hin. In Großstädten gibt es jetzt schon einen erheblichen Anteil nichtdeutscher Bevölkerung."

Really, on a certain level that only makes it worse. "Hey, as far as I'm concerned these nonwhites are perfectly nice people. But even then I still don't want them outnumbering our pure white children" :downs:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Schurik posted:

So almost everyone I work with voted AFD in the Hessische Kommunalwahlen and got them to almost 10% in Frankfurt and now I'm kinda depressed and put off.

Have there been polls about voter migration yet? I'd be curious how many of those were former CDU/SPD/Grüne voters as opposed to protest voters.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Let's make some predictions what will happen after tonight:

BW: Thomas Strobl is going to hatefuck Guide Wolf and become the junior partner in an Greens-CDU coalition, ensuring that Kretschmann really does the full 5 years and winning in the next election. Expect a lot of people to interpret it as a sign for 2017.
RLP: SPD wins in an upset victory, staying in power with a commissarial minority government for now. Reelections next year at the same time as the general election
S-A: CDU/SPD Great coalition

I would never vote for a party that is peddling nationalistic poo poo as their solution to everything (note: I always wanted a European solution to the refugee crisis) simply because I don't view poor Germans as more deserving of my charity than poor Afghans or Syrians. I'm not even sure what they stand for in other policy areas, given that they have not adjusted their program since they ousted the last at least somewhat sane people, but I expect a sharp left turn in those areas (see FN)

Yeah, the AfD is notoriously opaque when it comes to policy positions that go beyond the regular "EU bad, foreigners bad.". Skimming over their programs for these three elections the closest thing to a common theme would a generally very conservative/reactionary thrust with lots of bitching about political correctness and the much-quoted and rarely-defined "Gender Mainstreaming". Apart from immigration, the most prominent topics seem to be "we need to be tough on crime (especially with them foreigners)" and "we're totally against the discrimination of LGBT people and women, but...". Throw in a bit of nationalism and on the whole it reads kind of like a NPD with more of a filter, or maybe like a CSU with less of one.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So it seems like the biggest question will be whether Black-Red-Green will pan out in SA. If it doesn't I guess there's only one option left:

Black-Red-Red :getin:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

If you've got some time to burn, then you could do worse than reading this ZEIT Online article about the people that vote AfD and the role of social media in the party's rise, it's really good.

Oh my god, that Rödel guy they open the article with is really a top goon. Expressing his dissatisfaction through a series of (formally rather sketchy) logical equations. :allears:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

Seconded. Zeit is really producing top-notch material as of late - maybe always has, they just never were on my radar.

I particularly like the Fischer-Kolumne. He has a way of getting really pissed about whatever he's writing, and it's just incredibly entertaining to read.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Infected posted:

Ecept when they are "We will not get blackmailed by the eyes of suffering children."

Also shooting unarmed refugees at the border. Because that's totally legal* you guys, which also obviously makes it right and moral.

*not actually legal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010