Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Haha, Peer Steinbrueck, former candidate for chancellor of the SPD, stepped down from all political offices a couple of minutes ago.

Back to the lecture circuit for financial institutions, eh?
Well, it certainly pays better than being the chancellor, and the catering is supposedly excellent as well.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Does that mean that we (ze germans) should practice restraint when someone, somewhere comes up with the brilliant idea to establish a fourth reich?

Because hey, no pointing fingers, we did that a while back as well.

"Wes Brot ich ess, des Lied ich sing" should be the motto on the Schroeder family crest.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

These two election posters from "Die Linke" sum up the political circus quite nicely:

("Wealth for all" - "Tax wealth")

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Varoufakis flipping Germany the bird during a speech... REVEALED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-1LQu6mAE

Not sure if this is mega-troll or a meta-troll.
Either way, it's pretty hilarious.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Christoph Lauer now apparently works for Springer and did a 180° turn on the Leistungsschutzrecht. The internet did not take this kindly.

I am still waiting for Jan Böhmermann to claim responsibility for this hoax as well.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Earlier this week the European Parliament basically killed net neutrality and Telekom only managed to hold their horses for a grace period of two loving days before announcing they are totally ok with extorting start ups for "a couple percent of their revenue" for using their infrastructure.

Two days.
That's gotta be a new low.

And of course no one could have anticipated this outcome.
Most certainly not this guy, who I bet will find a nice "Anschlussverwendung" in the telecommunications sector once his tenure in Brussels ends.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 29, 2015

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oh hey, Günter Öttinger hat mal wieder einen vom Stapel gelassen:

"Und gerade wir in Deutschland sollten endlich unser Grundmisstrauen gegenüber Geheimdiensten ablegen"

Eben. Gestapo und Stasi waren ja nur experimentelle Prototypen. Reine Fehlversuche.
Dieses Mal machen wir's richtig. Ich schwöre!

P.S.:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc8HfF5ngIw

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wieviele von den enthusiastischen SPD-Post-Kommentatoren auf Facebook mögen wohl bezahlte Clacqueure sein? Fasse mir da immer wieder an den Kopf, wie eloquent die sich da gegenseitig die Eier kraulen und ihren Martin anfeuern und abfeiern.

Fast möchte man sich wünschen, der Schulz macht's dann doch irgendwie.
Nur damit man sich das Desaster dann ansehen kann wie bei Trump.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Simply Simon posted:

Ich bin jetzt nicht der enthusiastischste Verteidiger meiner eigenen Partei, aber ich möchte dann doch mal schwer bezweifeln, dass Schulz auch nur annähernd so schlechte "Politik" machen könnte wie Trump. Come on.

Nein, nicht so schlecht.
Aber genauso so das blaue vom Himmel runterversprechen und dann nicht umsetzen können, weil alles einfach nur opportunistischer und ach-so-volksnaher Wahlkampfscheiss ist, der am 25.09. schon wieder vom Tisch wäre.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hahaha. Had to look it up after Youtube tried to show me this as a pre-roll ad the other day.

https://youtu.be/PSUvUUpHkHw

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

wayfinder posted:

My Wahlkreis had the worst result for CDU/CSU in the whole country, 13.9% lmao

Well, my Wahlkreis is the only one in the country where AfD missed the 5% threshold.
Shoutout to Randler, Münster 4 Life, yo!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

botany posted:

ich hab ein jodeldiplom. das ist was eigenes.

Vorsicht mit falschen akademischen Graden.

http://www.spiegel.de/lebenundlernen/uni/schweiz-an-der-hochschule-luzern-kann-man-jetzt-jodeln-studieren-a-1188809.html

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Heyoooo, my hometown is on the international terror map now!

Although, what a lovely terrorist. Had a gun and killed himself immediately?
No explosives in the car? Maybe it was just another white male with mental problems.
Sick puppy.
We'll see.

Edit: "suspicious package" found in car. Death toll rises to 4 (including the driver).

Edit 2: They are searching the guy's appartment now (48 year old, german nationality, "Jens R.", record of mental health issues).
He apparently was living on my street, not even kidding.

Na, wenigstens gibt es der Presse mal wieder Gelegenheit ein wenig Terrorprosa zu verfassen
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/muenster-mitten-ins-leben-die-stadt-nach-dem-auto-angriff-a-1201781.html

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 8, 2018

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Edeka mal wieder hart am Puls der Zeit.
Da kann man ruhig mal applaudieren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhn02_mB_lU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wengy posted:

Downside: my Rucksack was stolen on the train last week. Upside: the thief generously handed in my keys and I’ll get them back tomorrow. Upside II: bought myself this fancy new wash bag out of frustration: https://www.dainesandhathaway.com/collections/mens-military-wet-packs/products/military-wet-pack-brown

HOPEFULLY upside III: my Hausratsversicherung should cover this so I might be able to buy a new backpack shortly.

Ah, the honorable thief. A dying breed.

Unless you don't have one of those fancy door locks with keys that can't be easily duplicated without a proper security token, I would still opt for switching out the lock. Especially if there was something in the backpack that could have revealed your address.

I can guarantee the Hausratsversicherung will not cover any break-ins when it comes to light that the key was stolen and the locks remained in place afterwards.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hopper posted:

If you are wondering why Merkel did it, just remember Schröder.

Imagine them becoming Gazprom/Rosneft Aufsichtsratsbuddies.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

e: wrong thread.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

aphid_licker posted:

Think it's Paranüsse, closely followed by Haselnuss.

The Nutella hater has logged on.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Billiger Schuss? Niedrig hängende Frucht?

Oh, the inhumanity!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ah, germans.

Someone in my apartment building has this Wifi SSID:

I can't tell for sure, but we have a Korinthenkackerpärchen in the building who kept logs of their neighbour's sexy times and complained to the Hausverwaltung over excessive noise.

I can only assume it's them and that they are referring to one of two families with toddlers in the building.
I can occasionally hear them argue in the stairwell.

Good thing I got a couple of spare Wifi SSIDs.
So to up the passive aggressiveness to master level, I christened two of them

And a couple of nights ago, things somehow escalated.

Oops.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Lord Stimperor posted:

Who would keep mein Kampf around as a bit or as a memento of a bit

(avec le sound)

https://i.imgur.com/IbrEb3T.mp4

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Enjoy your prostate cancer, apparently it's god's will, anonymous redditor.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Sitting in the Impfzentrum right now with my BionTech-Zweitkreuzimpfung coursing through my body. I'm going to become a living God!

German efficiency is a myth, they had to put a 30 minute hold on BT-Impfungen and prepare new syringes, despite knowing exactly how many were needed at any given time because of the Terminvergabeprozess.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Are there still purely appointments there? At my vaccine centre they have the possibility to just enter without a prior appointment. And while that may be convenient, obviously it can cause logistic traffic jams if a large group appears without warning.

Appointments and walk-ins (in two separate areas, mine was for appointments only), but I would have assumed that walk-ins would be the ones who may have to wait a couple of minutes if for some reason they run out of prepped syringes.

Not that it mattered to me, I got plenty of time.

But it was fun seeing some super important people lose their poo poo over having to wait or - gasp - see others (bonus points if they had an Immigrationshintergrund) being allowed to cut the line because they were scheduled for a Moderna shot.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Funny how we'll yearn for the good old "Mutti Merkel" days in no time.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hopper posted:

Props to the kids though, Jay and Schienbein Bob are kinda cool

Weird, my first instinct was that I never wanted to kick some random kids' rear end more than these two's.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

But ... but ... it's his turn!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Local Berufskleidungsfachgeschäft is very good at advertising itself:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

You can't spell "bescheuert" without "Scheuer" ...

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Spin And Speed posted:

Hier kommt der Eiermann :v:

That reminds me: Can you form a five-word sentence in german that contains

- a man
- a woman
- a room
- love
- two eggs?

Ei ei, liebe Frau Zimmermann

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I mean, yeah, Wahlkampf is total bullshit no matter how you spin it.

Seriously, peek at this classic:

There, problem solved, I guess?!

What I would like to see is a TV/Web format where the Kanzlerkandidaten along with their PR strategists are confronted with the catchy promises they plaster all over the country and have them explain in detail how they intend to fulfill them.
Not in "Gotcha!" kind of way, have their consultants with them give them ample time to gather their data and formulate an answer.

For instance, I saw a poster "Rentenalter runter, Renten rauf". I don't even recall which party it was, it hardly even registers anymore.

Questions:
How many additional retirees will your plan create in the next 5/10/20 years?
What is the gross/net impact on the expected retirement payment volume?
How do you intend to finance it?

Your 10 minutes of deliberation time start ... now.

Meanwhile, the band "Geier Sturzflug" will reprise their 80's number one hit "Bruttosozialprodukt".

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

GABA ghoul posted:

I mean, if you are that interested in politics that you actually care about how they intend to implement the promises you are supposed to go look at the Wahlprogramm.

Wahlprogramm, Shmalprogramm. I admit, I have never bothered to read one in detail, but I doubt that they contain any hard data that could be picked apart for feasability, because that would open the parties to direct attacks and way too much scrutiny. So grill them about it.

Also, "was kümmert mich der Dreck, den ich gestern wahlversprochen habe?"

For example:

quote:

»Damals hat Bundeskanzlerin Angela Merkel dem Intensivpfleger Alexander Jorde öffentlich versprochen, dass die Arbeitsbedingungen besser würden. Passiert ist dann aber nichts«, sagt Böhmer heute. In den Wahlprogrammen der Parteien, klagt sie, werde immer viel versprochen. »Doch wenn es am Ende um die Koalitionsverträge geht, kommt für uns Pflegekräfte wieder nur das Minimum rum. Weil wir einfach keine Lobby haben.«

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/wahlprogramme-was-die-parteien-in-der-pflege-vorhaben-a-de4b6349-acb5-4437-8bdd-1601fc693c1e

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 27, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Yup, they are replacing Laschet-centric Wahlplakate with generic, science-y "For a better future" ones here. Noticed two on my commute today.

Please do not let him become chancellor when even his party does not believe he can pull it off. :aaa:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Lord Stimperor posted:

and fear that they just overlooked their invitations

LOL invitations.
If I (early 50s) had relied on getting an Impfangebot from Jensemann, I still would be barebacking the pandemic.

No no no, the mündige Bürger is expected to take matters in their own hands now.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 5, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Another classic Luschi quote

quote:

Unionskanzlerkandidat Armin Laschet fehlt das Verständnis für die Proteste gegen die Automesse. »Das ist die grünste IAA, die es je gegeben hat«, sagte der CDU-Chef auf dem Parteitag der Schwesterpartei CSU in Nürnberg. Noch nie sei so viel von Klimaneutralität, Nachhaltigkeit und Umweltschutz die Rede gewesen. »Dass man dagegen noch demonstriert, Straßen blockiert und den Kampf gegen diese Industrie führt, zeigt: Manchen geht es nicht um Umweltschutz, sondern um Systemveränderung.«

Ja nee, Systemveränderung, pfuiii, das ist ja zu krass. Lieber etwas abbremsen, damit man langsamer gegen die Wand fährt als einfach versuchen, links dran vorbei zu lenken.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Your daily dose of cringe and fremdschämen.
Gloves start to come off/mask starts to slip at around the 6 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWbDI5CMA1w

Out of fairness, here's Scholz, Baerbock is up next week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHoBP0IhFdY

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 15, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hopper posted:

I just couldn't watch this, when he started with "Als ich ein größeres Kind war" I started feeling uneasy.

You should power through it, it's glorious.

The concept of having two kids deliver hard hitting questions fed by a writing team, fully knowing that Laschet can't lasch (ha!) out at them is so simple, yet he just can't help himself and does it anyway.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Seriously, a new Laschet nugget every single day?

Bild steht natürlich Gewehr bei Fuß!

Trigger warning: clip of said savage 15 year old girl

https://twitter.com/Hornschild/status/1438218868707799045

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wait, whaaaat?

The two Kinderreporter who interviewed Scholz, Laschet and Baerbock and asked about the Hambacher Forst, Maaßen and if Putin was a murderer were coached, maybe even in real-time via earpiece?

NO loving WAY?! :jerkbag:

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deut...81-6dbeae307459

Massive props to Schleswig-Holsteins CDU-Bildungsministerin Karin Prien, Mitglied in Laschets »Zukunftsteam«.
She's knows something's afoot, but fret not, she's on the case.

https://twitter.com/PrienKarin/status/1438158933026349057

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

pidan posted:

Honestly the whole idea of kinder interviewing politicians is pretty bizarre. If they asked questions they came up with themselves, that'd at least have some novelty value, but watching a politician flail while trying to explain his brechmitteleinsatz to a 10 year old without looking like a heartless prick is just cringe content.

Gee, I sure hope running a country and representing it on the global stage is easier than navigating the PR pitfalls of getting put on the spot by some coached kids like this.

Because otherwise, lol. Lmao.