Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

WTBCzero posted:

How likely is it that Germany will keep to its plans to shut down all of its nuclear power stations? I read a analysis somewhere that this decision was made in the expectation it could be reversed later when anti-nuclear feelings had died down a bit.

It has been going back and forth for a couple of years. The Social Democrat/Green Party coalition put all NPPs on a mid term but definite shutdown plan based on the individual plants' age a couple years ago. But then the Conservative/Upper Class party took over Berlin and extended those plans or softened them up for the powerful Big Power companies.

Then recently two (well three) things happened that made the Conservatives flip on that position.
Japan came awfully close to a Chernobyl. The EU went down the shitter and people are upset with Merkel because she wants to bail out lazy southerners no matter what.
Finally the Green Party, for the first time ever, won a state governor election (in ultra conservative Swabia no less) effectively turing the old "two party plus some small poo poo" system into a three way game, with little hope of the Conservatives ever ruling again because the Upper Class party is collapsing into a black hole at the same time.

Imo the last two points are long term trends, and it's unlikely that Conservatives could wiggle out of this again or they'd get crushed by the Green Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

ReV VAdAUL posted:

An obscure question about religion but does the Thirty Years War come up much in regards to religion? If it does is it considered mostly a religious or a political conflict?

Some people with higher education might know it's something about Swedish hordes invading the north and kicking Catholic rear end, but that's the extend of it.

History starts with the French Revolution, anything before that is one paragraph at best.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Libluini posted:

My bank told me investing into Aktien only makes sense if you at least put in 200 € per month at medium risk, or the depot fees alone would destroy your profit.

At 50 bucks you're essentially giving your bank free money, you're actually not investing anything

Shares are for degenerate gamblers and investment funds with management fees are for the clueless; put corporate/municipal bonds into a cheap online portfolio.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So he shot a random bystander woman and a customer buying a sandwich at a kebap shop?
That'll show those dastardly Semites who's boss :smith:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I had to dig my summer bed linen back out for mid October, and I'm mentally preparing for a 20°+ Christmas Grillfest :ohdear:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

pidan posted:

Generally speaking I'd expect the Hausarzt to say "come back in February when we're done with the 80+ group". That said near me the Hautarzt offers covid jabs (and various covid tests) because Hautarzts love money, so try looking for Termine on Facharzt websites too.

Other than that try the Impfbus, but expect to wait some hours in the cold.

Yeah call every GP and Facharzt praxis in your region.
Some rando knee doctor had Biontech early this year for reasons unknown and my mom snagged an appointment.
I could called my gp 3 weeks ago juust before the craziness and got in quickly, don't even wanna know what waiting times are now.

My Hausarzt is doing Covid/Flu shots only now every afternoon until 7pm. It's set up like an assembly line, pretty kickass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Geschichten aus dem Grenzgebiet

Durchbruch und Deutlich: Stichtag Wiedergeburt

Sondereinsatzkommando: Der Strich

Unternehmen Pulverfass: Drachenerhöhung

Tote Gleichzeitigkeit: Morgen kommt Heute

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Dec 26, 2021