Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

New Vegas, the location in FONV, is an anachronism anyway. I really don't see the inherent value in preserving it for the sake of itself, like the way House is glorifying it.
For some reason I wondered what house thought of New York City and how reacted to the people that liked NYC better than Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

aniviron posted:

For me at least the visual appeal is negligible, but porting FNV to FO4 would mean that the FPS gameplay part of the FPS-RPG wouldn't feel terrible. I love FNV, it's easily one of my favourite games ever, but I can't deny that it also has some of the worst FPS gameplay I have ever experienced. Even $5 shovelware on Steam usually doesn't have a 2-3 second delay between hitting jump and the jump happening, doesn't have the weird janky inertia that the movement suffers from, doesn't have a long delay before opening the menus, etc. Even ignoring all the control issues the version of gamebryo that FNV used didn't have access to tools that would let the developers easily implement things like, you know, recoil, which tend to be pretty fundamental to games like this.

FO4 isn't the smoothest game I have ever played, but it's only slightly below average in this respect. FNV with a sidegrade in visuals but without the horrible movement and shooting mechanics sounds like a good thing to me.

I have a list of projects that will never happen, but that would make me happy; a wall to wall remake of New Vegas in Source is in between a Queen reunion tour fronted by Laddy Gaga and an adaptation of the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck directed by Hayao Miyazaki

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

or just dont take the gold and cheat 100000 caps in

i think yall are missing the point of dead money :colbert:

What do I need with gold or caps when I can turn worthless prewar clothes and cigarettes into hundreds of weapon repair kits; a dozen mint condition hunting rifles can buy pretty much everything in the wasteland.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Gyshall posted:

New Vegas owns

New Vegas is the best game made since the turn of the centry and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I actually like Dead Money, lol.

I am playing dead money right now and I triggered the line from Christine where she explains why she isn't mad at Dean because she has done WORSE things with less justification. In previous play through I had never given that line much thought.

Dead Money like all the DLC has flaws but they all have good stories and some very well written (and often despicable) characters.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I have gone through Honest Hearts about a half dozen times and never sided with Daniel and in my current playthrough, I finally did that. What a depressing ending, I don't think I will do that again.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

bony tony posted:

"But what if my perfect babies learn violence and it corrupts them"

More than once it is stated that the New Canaanites are well versed in self-defense. Daniel is not the worse person you meet in this game, by a longshot, but it is hard to empathize with him and harder to agree with him.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 20, 2020

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Daniel’s concern isn’t with the Dead Horses, it’s his idea of them.

I think you mean the Sorrows but you make a really good point about Daniel being concerned about an idea of the Sorrows rather the material conditions they have to live in. I think Ropekid posted once that to agree with Daniel you have to agree with his theology and how innocense plays into that.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

rope kid posted:

I think Avellone did a great job coordinating the four DLCs, but it did mean that it was a brisk relay race where we were handing off resources rapidly and there weren't large margins for errors.

A question I have been wanting to ask is how and/or when during the production cycle did you guys decide what content would go into the main game and what would be DLC?

I noticed Johnson Nash has some lines referencing Lonesome Road and that made me realize your team had a have some kind of idea about what would be in the DLC.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

SeanBeansShako posted:

How many people accidentally shot Follows Chalk like me first time though?

Yeah I shot Follows Chalk my first time.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

OldMemes posted:

Spoilers for Fallout 76. but the new meta of the game being to gather as much pre-war gold as possible to get weapons seems a little out of place when you remember the plot of Dead Money, and the themes and moral of that story.

I will never understand people who try to get all the gold bricks out of Dead Money. What do you need to gold for when you can turn pre-war clothing and cigarettes into hundreds of weapon repair kits?

Tell me, what can't you buy in the Mojave with a half dozen hunting rifles in perfect conditions?

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Just finished Old World Blues again and this time I really felt the lows and really felt the highs. The Think Tank, Mobius and the Sink are all fun to interact with and there are some real comedic gems in those conversations and Hig's Village is a master class in characterization using objects found in the environment. The voice acting is universally excellent and the casting of James Urbaniak as Dr.O is almost a bit too on nose since Old World Blues has a lot of thematic overlap with Venture Bros with theme of failure creeping in a bit. The Big MT is fun to explore, and has some great rewards for doing that exploration, or at least it is until you get jumped by some Night Stalkers. I do not remember hating Night Stalkers this much, Lobitmites at least have the decency to die quickly, Night Stalkers are horrible combination of fast, damage sponges and limb damage, I'd gladly fight Ghost People over those things any day. Also going through the X-8 high school simulation 4 loving TIMES is in my opinion the low point of the game, those last two times when Night Stalkers replace the Cyber Dogs felt pointless, long and boring.

Old World Blues remains my personal favorite of the four DLCs but god drat there some real flaws in it.

Edit: The joke about the stealth suite being clinging only funny for about 10 minutes. Being asked ever few minutes if I like you gets old quick.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 30, 2020

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Lonesome Road sucks! Dead Money has questionable game play choices, Honest Heart's quest are barely there and Old World Blues is chock full of damage sponges but at they all have interesting characters to interact with. Ulysses is just a pretentious tool (and I can't tell if that is deliberate or not) who's dialogue sounds like second rate imitation of Cormack McCarthy, every time he chimes is slog of purple prose. I have played this DLC four times and I still don't understand what exactly Ulysses's beef with the courier is. This franchise has always has been about choice which makes the call to have the entirety of Lonesome Rode be a long hallway mind boggling; this DLC points you at a finish line and tells you shoot everything that move until you cross that line its the Gears of War's school of game design. The only saving grace for this DLC is the loot which is excellent.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 28, 2020

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Am I the only who gives Liberator to Raul? Is that a bit too on the nose?

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

watho posted:

ed-e is the best

Nuking the Legion to save that little guy's life is a no brainier.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 28, 2020

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I found the Paladin Toaster for first time yesterday.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Some gamers have recognized the true flaw in the TV show, which is real human anatomy:

https://twitter.com/GameCharacterAI/status/1778300445821219189

That is one depressing twitter account

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1778189065759891959?t=_aNFFb9KuAq6p4pih-rbRA&s=19

One of these days I'll be down in the UsA and make a point to stop in at Goodsprings for Fallout Day.

The Victor cosplayer is a buddy of mine, got his permission to post in Instagram in the thread
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv_s5CmOZ2h/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Very talented and creative guy, makes some very cool stuff out leather and just about anything else.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Doomykins posted:

finally we can reignite the arguments about whether or not the Legion was right since we know conclusively that the NCR fails, this was Todd's real gift all along

Ceaser Legion are a bunch of Proud Boys they suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Game is amazing I've finished Lonesome Road and can now give my opinion that overall the DLC is mid. Makes sense given how great the base game is itself.

I've decided Lonesome Road would be really good side story for a Farcry game but FO:NV its really out of place, there are only two other characters and no ethical decisions to make and its basically running down a liner hallway shooting at things with Ulysses saying hey "your video game protagonist doing things with out thinking of the consequences".

side_burned fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 16, 2024