Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I can't remember the last time I read about someone doing blackface to upset anyone, it's more or less always a case of someone doing it and not realising it's massively offensive to some people.

The last one I can remember is from a few years ago in Australia where Qantas organised a competition where participants were encouraged to attend a Wallabies test match dressed to look like Radike Samo. For those who don't know, Radike Samo looks like this:

I'm sure you can imagine where this is headed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Then surely, it should also be permissible for someone to say "ugh, I hope Sheffield United don't re-sign a literal rapist."

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

In other "Welsh soccermen behaving badly" news, Leon Jeannie, who played for Cardiff about a decade ago, is facing jail time after admitting his part in a plot to supply cocaine.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-cardiff-city-star-leon-8155469

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Meanwhile Azerbaijani international footballer Javid Huseynov has been implicated in the murder of Rasim Aliyev, a journalist who criticised him on social media.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/10/azerbaijani-journalist-rasim-aliyev-javid-huseynov

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Benzema is a loving moron. I thought this was already well-established.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You guys remember Cuauhtémoc Blanco, right? The bouncy guy who was a bit of an unhinged oval office? He's a mayor of a Mexican city now. It's going like you would probably expect it to.

https://news.vice.com/article/soccer-idol-cuau-is-bringing-his-antics-to-being-mayor-of-cuernavaca

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

He's still got a head so its not going at all like I expected

Hey now, give him some time to settle into the role.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Not only that, but a detailed discussion of what his team-mates kneww about the length of his pubes.

I think it's imperative that we know what Wes Brown knew about Adam Johnson's pubes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

mourinho must be pissed

He's got Sergio Romero in the squad.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I hear you're a racist now, Mr Gascoigne.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-37406549

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ESPN is saying it's a suspended sentence.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/paris-saint-germain/story/2959408/psg-defender-serge-aurier-gets-suspended-two-month-prison-sentence

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Appoint him as the new England manager.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Biggest stunner is Nasri playing for Sevilla now

When did that happen?

He's been loaned for the 16/17 season.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

People who have any part of football aren't exactly known for their intelligence or sound judgement are they? This thread is testament to that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

lol what was he even doing in LA anyway

Some pseudo-Kardashian "medical practitioner," according to his ex-girlfriend. Please do keep up.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 7, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I guess the need for a wingman when doing weird sex stuff goes both ways.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Soulex posted:

Yup Bacon Terrorist was on scene

Bacon Terrorist, more like Brogan Gillard.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JFairfax posted:

He added: "I accept that I broke the rules governing professional footballers, but I do feel the penalty is heavier than it might be for other less controversial players."

Of course it is, and the only person at fault for this is Joey Barton. I guess it explains why he's constantly doing stupid loving poo poo - it's always someone else's fault, never his, and if he is made to be held accountable, it's just everyone picking on good ol' Joey. What a loving idiot baby.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

chuggo is BACK posted:

christ for ages i was watching this thinking "that keeper's not hitting anyone". i'm old now

You too? I'm just relieved that I'm not the only one.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

At the end of the day, who here isn't guilty of tax fraud in Spain?

Is tax fraud a rite of passage for non-Spaniards at Barcelona and Real Madrid now?

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 20, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Naturalising Brazilians: totally fine for Portugal, Spain, Croatia, Japan... but Africans can gently caress off apparently

There's a difference between how Portugal, Spain, Croatia or Japan went about things, and how Equatorial Guinea went about it.

Feel free to highlight cases where the Portuguese, Spaniards, Croats and Japanese fielded Brazilian players with forged documents to fast track them into the national set-up.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lazio fans are just the worst. The dirt loving worst.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's good to see that the judiciary gave this case a proper look and saw that justice was observed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Good. gently caress their fans for supporting a genocidal piece of poo poo. The Red Star and Partizan fans can go get hosed too.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jose posted:

so everyone at the club hated beardsley but because it never went public the club put up with him

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/950864100262862848

What a piece of work. How bitter do you have to be to belittle someone for having any success? I mean, aren't the age-group sides about developing young talent and then sending them through to the senior team? How pathetic do you have to be to resent someone for achieving that?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the scale of riots if russia gets banned from russia will be, as the french say, encroyable

So what would be the process here, if Russia is told to gently caress off out of its own World Cup (they probably won't). Does a new UEFA qualification spot open up?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

FIFA would clearly just have to give it to the highest ranked UEFA team not to qualify

Infantino and Berlusconi then go out to the piazza and kiss passionately

I guess the precedent is Euro 1992, although the team being disqualified was dumped for a completely different reason.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't even remember him ever playing for Chelsea.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I thought nothing would come of this.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

Is that the same woman who got him unofficially banned from the French national team for cursing out Deschamps on Twitter? if so, lmao

Wait, what's this about? I remember his girlfriend freaking out about him cheating, but not this.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Further confirmation that Lazio fans are garbage people and the dirt worst.

https://twitter.com/CmdotCom_En/status/1031123120529145856

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised this hadn't happened earlier at this point in his sad joke of a life.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Sure, call the cops in a famously corrupt country a bunch of loving peasants that sounds like a fantastic idea.

He's a football player. It's a pretty safe bet he'd be an idiot too.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

<Insert Name> should've won the Ballon D'Or.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ban Iran from all FIFA-sanctioned events and ban them from the 2023 AFC Asian Cup.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Reprisal posted:

How is “mong” a slur deserving a probe lol

By being an ableist slur with racist origins.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vegetable posted:

In Romanian "negru" means black person, but the 4th official really shouldn't be talking like that at all.

Mostly I'm amazed that the players and staff rallied together like that. Incredible stuff.

Watch the whole thing yourself in German commentary. Starts at 19:20: https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2020/12/08/paris-saint-germain-vs-istanbul-basaksehir-highlights-full-match/

Seriously, referring to players by their race is loving stupid. How hard is it to say "Paris, 20" or "Orange, 12." Kit colour, number. How loving stupid do you have to be to not be able to do that?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I’d have been shocked if he weren’t.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rascar Capac posted:

Stockport County - currently fourth in the National League - have parted company with manager Jim Gannon. The club's official statement says that "the decision is not results based but is centred around culture", prompting a lot of people to ask "what the gently caress does that mean?"

Probably said or did poo poo that made his position untenable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He was one of the lads clowned by Maradona in that game at the 1986 World Cup.