Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

This is hilarious. Why didn't the judge just tell him to gently caress off or perhaps get a car with a privacy screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Bit weird mate

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

happy international women's day to you too

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Dunban posted:

What are you talking about, these are totally legitimate businesswomen

https://bestofinsta.org/profile/noorli9 :nws:

Not that I wouldn't love to disappoint them all at once but isn't it a bit weird to get topless with your sisters and smush your tits all over each other for publicity

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

he’s not a dictator and most people in turkey like him

A sizeable portion like him. A further portion tolerate him because they got rich off his back, but the longer Turkey’s economy and currency tanks the more they’ll desert him. A good half loving detest him. By most sensible definitions of the word he is a dictator, even if a decent amount of Turks don’t see much wrong with that because they’ve been made retarded by years of fuckery and control of education and the media. Özil and Gündoğan are footballers and accordingly dumb as rocks and are in that weird cultural no man’s land of being German Turks so I think it’s silly to expect too much of them. They were kinda hosed whatever they did, if they snubbed Erdoğan they’d have been savaged back in Turkey and opened up the very real possibility of ramifications for their family there. Just look at Hakan Şükür.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Basically all of the Aegean coast detests him. Istanbul isn’t the hotbed of liberals you would think given the large amount of people who moved there from bumfuck villages underneath his rule and attribute their upward mobility to him and his party.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

vivisectvnv posted:

yeah imagine secular turks that came to germany in the 1950s not liking erdogan

ozil and gundogun were tone deaf as gently caress

Wrong! Most of the Turkish diaspora came from lovely underdeveloped towns and villages and might have never been to Istanbul in their lives. They’re ostracised in their new homes for not fitting in and they like the strongman image Erdoğan projects, which they conflate with Turkey as a whole. They generally skew very socially conservative and usually vote 65% + for him.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

I don’t care

Thanks for sharing!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I remember fondly being in the middle of the timbers army laughing at how ridiculous they all were and also offending them by shouting oval office at Liam Ridgewell

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 21, 2019

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

qirex posted:

They don't have Italian equivalents for "explosive" or "naturally gifted athlete?" (these are super common in the NFL)

The same withered old oval office said this earlier:

quote:

I don’t see another player like him on any other team in Italy. He is one of the strongest, I like him a lot because he has that strength: he is the twin of [Dúvan] Zapata at Atalanta

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Byolante posted:

This is almost as pathetic as butterfly valley's explanation of how his ipad broke

Hi I have no idea wtf you're talking about

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

What an odious stupid oval office

That's a mirror snype

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

What was the relevant information from that because gently caress giving the daily mail advertising revenue

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I was gonna make a stupid joke when we went into lockdown about how would footballers get their insalubrious thrills now, seems Kyle answered the question thanks Kyle

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

sassassin posted:

Can you really be sued for libel for passing on stories that the person deliberately told a group of people?

It's the other way round iirc, Vardy suing Rooney for the entrapment and subsequent twitter shaming

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I did rc. Vardy's prosecution case seems to be entirely 'being called out caused her extreme emotional distress, and also made people chant funny abusive things at her husband'.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Stolen from the schadenfreude thread, tangentially related to football

quote:

extremely :nws::nws::nws: image at the link below...

code:
[url]https://twitter.com/Sam_Edwards81/status/1329393976324009985[/url]

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

:nws: :nws: :nws:https://mobile.twitter.com/alba201290/status/1329528503000293378/photo/1 :nws: :nws: :nws:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

greazeball posted:

way to plagiarize my post jerk <:mad:>

Is it plagiarism if I literally said I stole it and where from? Anyway sorry for not quoting your name itp but I think we can all agree the weird grossly engorged dick is the real star of the show

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Joking aside, gently caress this rear end in a top hat.

Also lmao at this pathetic attempt to bullshit his way out of it:

quote:

Lehman has apologised and said he meant that, as ex-Germany defender Aogo was "very knowledgeable", he had helped increase the "quota".

oval office.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/UtdCinoci/status/1411296532477923330?s=20

Here's the actual video. Seemed to be a whole lot of people in the comments complaining about black players being unfairly targeted and also unable to do a racism or it being a mistranslation but from the footage it seems pretty clear what he's getting at

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

You do rc

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Delph started banging on about how he sees ghosts apropos of nothing on some CityTV interview so this is very on brand

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

For me, its the question of "Why?".

I mean the "haha Asian people have slanty eyes, and this cone looks like one of those bamboo hats." is a racist joke, but I can see a stupid, dumbarse racist footballer doing it at training as a goof and having their equally racist dumbarse friends laugh at it. Footballers are ignorant and stupid. News at eleven.

But why in the name of all that is holy would you take a posed photo of it and post it on the clubs official twitter? There are several steps in that process where, even if you aren't saying "this is racist", you are at least saying "this is not a good look", or "this is a bad idea".

because everyone involved is also stupid and racist op

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

Anywhere north of Pisa is just Switzerland with pesto so you can hate on them and feel good about it

And the south has Naples, AKA the worst loving city on this planet

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Ash can be one of those old fat Italian dudes who gets real mad at someone doing food or cards or whatever wrong and shouts stronzo a lot while throwing his shoes

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Raping out of prison, funny, raping in prison, probe?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

:chloe:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60312876

RSPCA took Zouma's cats. Good.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

the banana chocolate crunch flakes are the best op

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

sticksy posted:

Because of this dickhead, City finally won the title to validate their gilded existence and to later inflict The Bald Fraud upon us

They actually went 2 - 1 up after he got sent off, arguably being against 10 men made us more complacent and more vulnerable on the break

britishbornandbread posted:

I don’t have the exact quote to hand, but wasn’t his idea to “take one of them” with him?

Pretty much exactly that.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The entire world really has lost its collective poo poo huh

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Because its a tastless rich oval office playground where most of those alcohol rules don't apply in certain hotels or whatever

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Another all time great is when the Leicester players went on a tour of Thailand and hired Thai hookers and filmed themselves getting rimjobs as they hurled racist abuse at the prostitutes.

One of whom was the manager's son, leading to him being fired and bringing in Ranieri to win the league the following season

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Where in that picture are you ninpo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I scrolled down the comments and literally couldn't find a single one that wasn't along the lines of 'what a legend of a player and a grate man he is not following the sheeple keep it up Tiss the TRUTH will come out one day'

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Mickolution posted:

I'm not British so could be way off here, but I always got the impression that there's a difference between class and wealth, no?

Yeah and especially so in the UK, our language is littered with sneering epithets aimed against people who aren't seen as deserving of their money due to their class background

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Not really, what tends to happen is a gross misunderstanding of "wealth".

Concepts of class/wealth in many other countries much less hosed in the head than ours seem to track together on a roughly linear scale, in my experience. The UK is uniquely weird about our relationship with class because we still have an entrenched nobility and our society is thoroughly pervaded by deference to those perceived to be 'higher class', allowing someone like Boris Johnson to fall upwards into being PM just by virtue of his provenance. When people talk about class in the UK, they're talking about appearance, accent, demeanour, behaviour, fashion etc, and there's myriad examples of upper class or 'posh' people that are skint and people considered working class or 'common' even though they're minted.

I get that you're coming at this from a different angle and you're right, but as most people on the street talk about or understand class I think it's divorced from wealth more in the UK than in pretty much every other nationality I've spoken about this with.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

What? Boris Johnson was born into wealth, wtf?

Class status is only derived from someone's accent or clothes by morons.

Did I say he wasn't? However if he had a strong Sheffield accent and didn't quote Tennyson or have the general vibe of upper class eccentricity that has been lauded for generations then there's no chance he'd be near the Premiership, given the same blunders and incompetence he's displayed the entirety of his life.

I think you're overestimating how many people have a deep understanding of class warfare tbh. For most, it is about the superficial aspects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

EC10 posted:

im not even a little bit surprised by ninpo's shitposts but just for clarity while hes pretending to be a working class hero representative poster, heres one of his probates of me that included this very bizarre and seemingly racist XI of made up names relating to posts ive made

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lmao at this incredible self own