Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Ravel Morrison managed fourteen days at West Ham before getting charged by the FA for using homophobic language on twitter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/15/ravel-morrison-charged-homophobic-tweet?newsfeed=true

Anyone know what kind of penalty he could be looking at?

e3 is the same charge brought against Suarez. It'll be a fine and a suspension, but I doubt it'll be 8 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

az posted:

I keep hearing that Morrison is a completely loony tosser, can you recap "the story so far"?

Assaulted his mum, nothing came of that that I recall, threw his bird's phone out the window and got charged with assault for that, then whilst already on a caution proceeded to stalk a witness trying to get him to drop charges until he was dragged to court where they made him sign a letter explaining that Witness Intimidation Is Bad, Don't Do It. At around this point the club supposedly stopped showing up for his various court dates, pissed off with his stupidity and the fact he literally couldn't last 3 months without skipping training, the only requirement to his first team place. He sulked about this and decided not to bother signing a new contract.

Goes to West Ham, the noise starts off as "he'll play" and has in two weeks transformed into "he'll not play this year and needs to work harder". Threatens someone on twitter, calls them a human being, claims to be in Manchester every weekend so bang goes the "hopefully a new environment will help" idea.

This is a lad so loving stupid that despite the fact he could easily play for England if he worked hard enough, would rather hang around the estates cause 'e's well 'ard.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Soulex posted:

Especially since it's origins are not at all malevolent.

I feel bad for Oliwan being triggered like this.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Jose posted:

I thought he just pretended to be wearing handcuffs and shake them or did he do that as well?

Wasn't that one of his teammates?

Also what happened with the Brighton crew gangrape?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

DickEmery posted:

Dude, not cool.

If either partner in a relationship interrupts/gives up their career to care for children then it behoves the other partner to compensate them.

Pretty she she wasn't a premier league footballer though and so claiming that she would also have earned a property portfolio in the millions might seem slightly spurious.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

The Sun went with the headline 'You'd have thought he'd be better at saving' which got a laugh out of me tbf

He got fifty loving games for England and he was poo poo

I mean yeah he had the reflexes of Casillas and denied Owen a hilarious goal but frankly he was bad at basically everything else and made more mistakes than Titus Bramble.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So why is it future earnings and not the x amount of years that they had to stay at home?

Because you don't get those years back due to age discrimination, those years represent both a loss to previous earning and a significant loss to future earning.

To make clear the point I made last night: David James definitely has a duty to make sure his ex-partner and children live a comfortable life. But when you base it on "standard of living" I'm quite against the idea that anyone deserves a goddamn seven property portfolio so I kinda hope the courts put a limit on that poo poo.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

DickEmery posted:

nah, most people get fined more than a few days wages I think.

His appearance bonus will be more than that

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

Chedwyn is back training with Sheffield United.

First they came for our sheep, and I did not speak out, as I was not a sheep.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

Queue the media and sponsors going mental and trying to dictate club policy.

How is sponsors dictating club policy even remotely strange? They expect the club to represent them in a way that suits their business model. Getting everyone pissy at hiring a rapist does not do this.

I mean yeah Ched's a clear wanker but he's served his sentence and whether his sentence was just or not doesn't allow us to push against rehabilitation. Fans have a right to protest at what they see as a community asset being badly represented; sponsors are allowed to respond to protect their interest, and Ched has a right to train there. I don't see any of this as hypocritical.

Just a bit dumb, given that they clearly aren't going to touch him with a bargepole.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Lofty132 posted:

Just saw this, really is the stupidest thing to throw away your career for. I imagine when you are at the peak of physical fitness with a huge wedge in the bank there are plenty of legal women willing to jump in the sack.

You can take the boy out of 'Boro, but you can't take the boy out of underage girls.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Jose posted:

Thats not a defense that works

Yes it is, and it has several times. When the expectation of the environment is 18+ the judge is allowed to rule for exceptional circumstance.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

By exceptional circumstances I mean that the judge is allowed to not put you on the nonce list if he thinks they've got cracking tits.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I bet he loves children. He has that look.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

He's always been beset by poor decision making on the pitch. Now he can't even decide what to do when there's no grass there.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

If you've been blackmailed by known child fiddler Benzema you've probably misbehaved

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Its clearly a tape of Valbuena and a dude, only reason it'd be worth blackmailing a footballer.

Underage prostitute, Benzema knows, uses as blackmail

I'd loving cry laughing if it's something closer to that.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

about this time last year he was in custody for threats to kill. We all feel a bit down in these cold months.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

wasnt that video supposedly of Kyle Walkers girlfriend in the press at the time?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

As is always the case with football and Spanish newspapers, there's conflicting reports, another report says no evidence was found.

Torbe case: Police investigated Muniain, De Gea and Isco and found no evidence"

Can someone who knows Spain tell me which paper to trust here

literally anything > AS > Marca

confidencial is not AS or Marca so go with that

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

it'd be utterly unsurprising if Marca decided to falsely implicate someone in a rape and trafficking case because they're still having a tantrum from last transfer window

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

So then I shouldn't trust Marca's claim to have the WhatsApp conversations?

They're in Spanish so I don't know what they say anyway.

Confidencial published those. It's De Gea denying everything, saying it was the Atleti guys she meant, and he was already in Manchester. She says she's messaged Casillas and he repeats that it's De Gea, at which point De Gea denies it, repeats he's in manchester, and asks if she fancies 5 of his teammates and him

I might be 4 and him or 5 but not him, I've never used commigo before.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Big Sam is dodgy, who knew

I mean apart from kevin kilbane

big kev knew

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

I remember how Big Sam pretty much blackballed Ravel Morrison from West Ham because he wouldn't sign with Mark Curtis, who at the time represented about half of the WHU first team plus Allardyce.

that happened not longer after he single-handedly tore Tottenham apart and then his career died, rip mad rav

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Which paper will run the headline Allardiciopoli?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

big sam lasted 67 days

so close

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Pardew was on piss-all at Newcastle and I'd strongly suggest him.

Also he has a west ham link and west ham were way more obviously corrupt in the 90s until the owner ran off with the rio money and left a half finished stand as his replacement.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

if his defending barrister did actually fall back on "drunken consent is still consent" I'm pretty sure none of ched's problems will go away anytime soon

I mean I'd not go anywhere near a girl I've never met before who's falling over plastered because that's creepy af

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

I've slept with girls I've met when we've both been drunk. I never really thought about it ever being considered rape :(

so's everyone but idk there's a difference between that and your mate texting you to come bang a girl he's pulled

footballers continue being unable to have sex on their own shocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

his girlfriend presumably saw this advert and then bought samir a treatment anyway and is surprised

that's my fave bit