Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

An unnamed teenager punched a referee, ultimately killing him, after being shown a yellow card. He's currently facing aggravated assault charges which are likely to be upgraded now that the victim has died. 46 year old referee in a recreational league in Salt Lake City.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/05/soccer-referee-dies-punched-teenage-goalkeeper

quote:

A soccer referee who slipped into a coma after being punched by a teenage player during a game a week ago died on Saturday night, police said.

Ricardo Portillo, 46, of Salt Lake City passed away at the hospital, where he was being treated following an assault. Police have accused a 17-year-old player in a recreational soccer league of punching Portillo after the man called a foul on him and showed him a yellow card. "The suspect was close to Portillo and punched him once in the face as a result of the call," spokesman Justin Hoyal said in a press release.

The teen has been booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of aggravated assault. Hoyal said authorities will consider additional charges since Portillo has died. He said an autopsy is planned. No cause of death was released. Portillo suffered swelling in his brain and had been listed in critical condition, Dr Shawn Smith said Thursday at the Intermountain Medical Center in the Salt Lake City suburb of Murray.

The victim's family, which publicly spoke of Portillo's plight this past week, has asked for privacy, Hoyal said. Johana Portillo, 26, said last week that she wasn't at the 27 April game in the Salt Lake City suburb of Taylorsville, but she said she's been told by witnesses and detectives that the player hit her father in the side of the head.

"When he was writing down his notes, [the player] just came out of nowhere and punched him," she said.

Accounts from a police report, Portillo's daughter and others further detail what occurred. The teenager was playing in goal during a game at Eisenhower Junior High School in Taylorsville, when Portillo showed him a yellow card for pushing an opposing forward. The teenager, who was quite a bit heavier than Portillo, began arguing with the referee, then punched him in the face. Portillo seemed fine at first, then asked to be held because he felt dizzy. He sat down and started vomiting blood, triggering his friend to call an ambulance.

When police arrived around noon, the teenager was gone and Portillo was laying on the ground in the fetal position. Through translators, Portillo told emergency workers that his face and back hurt and he felt nauseous. He had no visible injuries and remained conscious. He was considered to be in fair condition when they took him to the Intermountain Medical Center. But when Portillo arrived to the hospital, he slipped into a coma with swelling in his brain. Johana Portillo called detectives to let them know his condition had worsened.

By Saturday evening, the teenager goalkeeper's father had agreed to bring him down to speak with police. Portillo's family said he had been attacked before, and Johanna Portillo said she and her sisters begged their father to stop refereeing because of the risk from angry players, but he continued because he loved soccer.

"It was his passion," she said. "We could not tell him no."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Good to see Carra's Mates are still doing the rounds in his absence

He'll have a lot more free time these days to do it himself

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

vyelkin posted:

If it wasn't rape, then I'm a little disappointed that a rumour of two dudes having consensual man love was enough to cause a scandal that got both of them fired and is to this day considered a club's greatest shame. Let's kick homophobia out of football. :(

Or, you know, loving on a team bus is massively inappropriate.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Big Taff Man posted:

They should have realised it wasnt him due to the shopping spree as Katuka is incredibly humble

Is the humble thing still bannable

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

In news that will surprise nobody, Nile Ranger is AWOL from Blackpool. Really taking every chance to piss away his career.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/24/blackpool-lee-clark-awol-nile-ranger

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Masonity posted:

No but he put his cigar out in a youth players eye...

That kid looks like he deserved it tbh, and now he's a wife beater

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

I spent a day in Swansea once when the break pads fell out of our car (good job, kwik fit) and it was agonising....

Brake ffs

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

But enough about Daniel Levy

:chanpop:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wonder how long before his wife fucks off

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wonder if his "She looks class" was sent to the wrong person and he's describing his 15 year old superfan

Or he's just that dumb

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lemon posted:

He claimed that he searched about the age of consent because him and some other players were having a discussion about the laws in different countries. Way to gently caress it up for all your mates as well, Adam.

Some players angling for a move to Leicester this summer then I imagine

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Soulex posted:

Not like it gets rid of it from the phone records.

You'd have to be a real dumbass to keep poo poo like this in a discoverable format

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Love how it's the sister since the girlfriend dumped him in court and has deleted all his stuff online.

Team AJ BJ

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Neymar has been found guilty of being a tax dodge in Brazil and hit with a €45.9m fine, which I'm sure he'll appeal.

http://www.espnfc.com/brazil/story/2832267/barcelonas-neymar-fined-45m-euros-for-tax-fraud-report

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

JFairfax posted:

clearly he's over his dead wife and wants to bang some fitties

You think he leaves the glasses on?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Get stuck in lads

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

A drill is such a weird analogy, I'm assuming his dick doesn't rotate.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nothing wrong with a little bump and grind imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

You'd think he'd have hit him with a truck instead

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Soulex posted:

Hope the piece of poo poo gets hosed hard.

Steady now Higgins

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Unintentionally drinking enough to be over the limit, that's a lot of rum cake for someone prone to be be a bit of a porker

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Healbot posted:

You will find he is Muslim and thus not as much into pork as you think.

I'm sure he's inadvertently ate pork before.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

What did he say?

He called him a smelly Arab apparently

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'm confused is he saying his girlfriend ordered an IV drip but then he went ahead and hosed the girl who administered it?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This owns but lmao what the gently caress is a CEO doing loving for $150

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'm enjoying this. Also why does your ex have your twitter login you tremendous retard.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Someone alert tagthesponsor

Fish in a barrel

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

samir nasri is a oval office so this would be pretty funny

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That av is hot trash, real bad

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Chat poo poo get banned

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What kind of name of Brogan

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

JFairfax posted:

Here's one; a gang of girls sexually assault a footballer.

Here's one;

Wow great I've never heard this you fail wasteman

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Get innn

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jfc mitro

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'll never recover from this

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Easy Ched

I need a buddy for a...thing, you wanna team up?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/07/dean-bouzanis-to-face-ffa-panel-over-besart-berisha-racial-slur

quote:

The A-League’s match review panel has determined the Melbourne City goalkeeper has a case to answer after cameras caught him twice calling Albanian Berisha a “loving gypsy” late in Saturday night’s fiery derby at Etihad Stadium.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

I hope he gets banned for a million games not because of the racism but because he's a proper little twat

I don't have a problem with this but I also don't have a problem with calling someone a gypsy

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Soulex posted:

That's hosed up dude.

Enough about your knees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hegay posted:

$375k seems like a low amount

This is also my thought, Ronaldo child support for 18 years must be at least 10 times this