Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
nobody despises boa hancock......shes great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lmao this looks like it was edited to be longer as a joke in multiple places but i know it wasnt

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
what sucks the most is that its a really great very brief moment in the manga

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
one piece is far enough from ending that theres no reason to rush to finish watching it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Would that by chance be the Foxy stuff? Cause the Foxy arc ruled.

its the post-skypiea marine base escape. the davy back fight with foxy is canon

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Wrt the latest episode:

The manga made it look like Kaido was sent into the ground at warp speed after the punch connected, but the anime made it seem like "normal fast" instead. Also kind of weird that they had Kaido make reactions using his human/oni face instead of, you know, his dragon face. A little disappointed in that part, but fine with the fight wrapping up as a whole.

they did the same thing with the final punch vs doflamingo, its frustrating and stuff like that is why the manga is what i always recommend to people

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

And like that, all caught up after 20 or so years. Jesus Christ that number. Pretty good conclusion - took a bit to get used to wacky G5 Luffy and it'll be interesting to see how they use this now - is it always gonna go Looney Tunes?

no, tom and jerry technically isnt looney tunes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

It has been, but she’s never been able to fully read the road phoneglyphs, just the weapon ones IIRC. I think she’s been taking imprints and slowly trying to translate them.

robin can 100% read all of the writing on any poneglyph easily

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
after watching both seasons of spy x family, i think studio wit can easily get every panel of east blue into a single season, with expert pacing and beautiful, consistent animation. this could be “it”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

I'm guessing some combination of not enough / overworked writers and artists. They have plenty of material to pull from for 'filler' without resorting to writing anime original content (e.g. cover stories from the manga) but just default to recap clip shows as they're far easier to produce.

Probably a side effect of the 'produce it weekly or lose your slot' thing the Japanese networks have going on, plus being terminally afraid of catching up to the manga (not sure how far ahead it is?)

manga is currently ending the second act (assuming a traditional 3-act structure) of the egghead island arc

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

I dig the new OP. RIP OP25, we barely knew you. I especially like the scene with Luffy walking forwards and the crew appearing with him as it switched between their different outfits.

Looks like whatever superweapon Imu used on Lulusia leaves a massive crater in the ocean so I guess that's what happened at Enies Lobby (before the new island was built above the crater). Though not sure why it was used on Lulusia to get Sabo and not the Kammabakka Queendom to eradicate the entire Revolutionary Army HQ... also must be some reason they have the Buster Call as well, I suspect something along the lines of the Buster Call taking time to put together and Imu needing Sabo dead _now_ (he'll have escaped, no way they're giving him an off screen death like that) - maybe some kind of side effect of the ortillery which stops it being used a lot?

Overall a good episode, though I hope the omake bit at the end isn't going to be a thing every episode.

the dialogue between the elder stars at the beginning about sabo’s poor luck or fate when they learned the call was coming from Lulusia seemed to indicate that Lulusia was already scheduled to be blown up due to it being one of the eight countries that rebelled during the Reverie, and sabo is just unlucky.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

I liked the new opening's animation, but really, really didn't like the song. Sometimes they tend to grow on you though.

But the OP is all spoilers, so I'll never look at it again.

It just feels like they truly have no respect for the anime-viewers.

The weapon used might have been one of the ancient weapons.

it reminds me of the kind of OP that a seasonal anime will have, full of foreshadowing and spoilers that glide past you on first viewing but grow more meaningful as the season progresses

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

This series has so many very large or very tiny people or races that I'm convinced that Oda is just showcasing his fetish half the time. And honestly, hell yeah for that.

i think hes showcasing every fetish he knows about in the interest of broad appeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think the closest the anime has ever been to the manga was when skypiea ended, which is probably why they added an additional davy back fight