MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

I saw a few guys that didn't get their BestBuy pre-order code with their game pickup posting in here. I didn't get mine either, and I was all set to get all pissed off, but it just showed up in my email. :3:

Strange, because my pre-order bonus for Space Marine came in the case. I don't get to play regardless, because I'm headed out of town until Sunday night :(.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Hey guys, just got back from a terribly timed vacation, and I'm ready to dive in to Forza 4. Could I get an invite to GISH? It'd be awesome to have some rival times to run against as well as people to race online.

Edit: Gamertag is "Eperitus"

I won't be online tonight, but I'll throw a request at the club when I get a chance.

MalleusDei fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 17, 2011

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Sorry I was ignoring invites last night (GT: Eperitus). I tried to join the first time, and it appears I'm having NAT issues. Once I get that fixed I'll be ready to race.

How important are people finding tire pressure? I kind of ignored it in 3 (maybe to my detriment) but I'm wondering if its going to make a bigger difference with the new tire modeling.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Athanatos posted:

Have some SAEG + some dudes races from this afternoon:

This one has a really close ending between 4 cars. I got it from a few differnt cameras:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0Gud5DJmQ

Here is the other one with a 3 way drag race down the final stretch for the win:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_HEfvvA-sY

I'm really liking the new track side camera angles.

Also, some of you guys need to work on your tunes, I'm seeing some catastrophic understeer in the second video...

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

der juicen posted:

I'm surprised no one is on right now. :(

We've got a few people running, want an invite?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Why isn't the lovely photo I took yesterday online for me to look at?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

I was loving around trying to make a movie and I grabbed this:

I may take another shot at the movie, it didn't come out the first time. Are you guys taking multiple shots and splicing them together for some of these?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Lanth posted:

Look Ma, two crowns!

I blame it on the current server shenanigans.

Edit: Just for clarification, I don't actually know if this means something, but I am back to one crown again. So it probably doesn't.

I've seen this when I'm test driving cars, and pausing a lot to tweak the tune. It doubles up on the Club tag as well.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Heh, the amount of butt hurt guys in the turn 10 chat is pretty funny.

Also, does anyone have any tips on getting photos uploaded to facebook? Mine came out with pretty terrible artifacts.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Seems like everyone is jumping ship to AUGR, so I sent in a request. GT: Eperitus.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I hope so too, man. I wish I wouldn't have gotten t-boned so early on. I think we could have had some fun with those Evos.

Sorry man. I saw you spin and was pretty sure I could squeeze by on the right :(.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

ColdPie posted:

I think you can tweak each volume individually in the settings.

I believe the game also asks you at some point if you want to emphasize engine noise or tire noise.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

BlackLaser posted:

1:13.980

Posted to Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/xbox?sk=app_268350869893912

FFFFFF...gotta find a second somewhere.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

FFFFFF...gotta find a second somewhere.

1:13.368

:cool:

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Jesus Christ, this loving Mercedes Sedan event. This is seriously the worst I've seen the AI drive. Rubbin' is racin' in a Merc, apparently.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Having trouble getting much below 1:32:400 in the stupid VIP challenge. gently caress you Juan Pablo! Currently racing Boaz's ghost, and I can see where I can be faster, I just can't tie it together. Really struggling with the last few corners as well.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Jesus. Finally. 1:32:755. I don't really want to think about how long I spent doing that.

Edit: 1:31:755

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

They need to dial back on the Linkin Park when the narrator is speaking, makes it hard to hear what he's saying.

I was actually hoping for a "This car is good in Forza for these tracks because X, Y, Z, and here are some ideas for tuning it..." Instead I got a bad car show using fake cars.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

cb rocks posted:

What's the deal with the 458 Challenge? Is it some kind of preorder bonus or a unicorn or something?

I'd have to check, but I think you can just buy it. I just did a R2 Ferrari event, and I believe it was in the Ferrari menu right up there with the 599XX and FXX.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5357491.aspx

Time Updates:
Mini Cooper 09 21st April FINAL TIME TO BEAT 1:23.921

Goddamnit, I spent an hour or two beating this guy's 1:25:something time the other day. Now I gotta find a couple more seconds in my stupid Clio.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Tuning Porsches is a bit different than tuning other cars.

Increasing front sway bar to decrease understeer? Flies in the face of everything I've learned so far, but ok...

I'm not quite happy with my Sport Classic tune. It feels like it pushes a bit, but I'm not sure where I can fix it. I've tweaked everything to the point where I feel like changes make it worse. Maybe tweak the back end some, but I'm not sure how that will fix my understeer issues.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Idiot race posted:

The next forza definitely needs to have some dirt physics

Goddamnit, which car is this? I bought a celica last night thinking it was the right one, but I couldn't find the rally aero options.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Hehe, I thought of this too. "I just imagine I'm riding around a big kitten."

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Managed a 3:06.843 in a 360CS on Camino and a 1:42.999 in a Citroen C1 on Alps Club. I'll get screenshots up tomorrow.

Edit: [AUGR] Eperitus

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

Managed a 3:06.843 in a 360CS on Camino and a 1:42.999 in a Citroen C1 on Alps Club. I'll get screenshots up tomorrow.

Edit: [AUGR] Eperitus

Retuned my C1 and managed a 1:42.379. Not the dramatic improvement I was hoping for, but the car feels better.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Thanks for setting this up Cubed. I'm having a lot of fun with this. I won't get times up until tomorrow, but I'm already looking forward to it.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Initial times for the goon rivals:

Maple Valley 50.470 #13,095 Sprite Mk1
Infineon 1:19.566 #6,317 Aston V12 Zagato

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

This set ends June 29 @ 10PM Eastern US time.

Current standings
code:
Maple Short E275 Roadsters

[SAEG] Dr Edmund Honda 0:47.676  Corvette '53
[AUGR] whatcubed3      0:47.993  Porsche 550
[AUGR] w0lrah          0:48.082  Corvette '53
[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX   0:48.108  Corvette '53
[AUGR] Cubivore        0:48.562  MGA
[SAEG] Spamtheman ZA   0:48.795  Porsche 550
[GTCC] bsamu           0:48.865  Triumph TR3B
[SAEG] rige1seven      0:48.951  Alfa Spider
[GTCC] AndrewCoja      0:49.059  Porsche 550
[AUGR] Eperitus        0:50.470  Sprite MK1

Infineon Nascar S700 British Only

[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX   1:13.864  ??
[SAEG] Lord M84        1:13.885  ??
[SAEG] Dr Edmund Honda 1:14.369  Lotus 2-Eleven
[AUGR] whatcubed3      1:14.956  Lotus 2-Eleven
[SAEG] Spamtheman ZA   1:16.642  Lotus 2-Eleven
[SAEG] rige1seven      1:17.548  Jaguar XJ220
[AUGR] Cubivore        1:18.445  Ascari KZ1R
[AUGR] w0lrah          1:18.530  Lotus 2-Eleven
[SAEG] rige1seven      1:18.667  Jaguar XJ220
[AUGR] Eperitus        1:19.566  Aston V12 Zagato

Managed to improve my Maple time to 49.144 in the Sprite (GT: Eperitus #4,122) which leaves me...still last :smith:

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

Managed to improve my Maple time to 49.144 in the Sprite (GT: Eperitus #4,122) which leaves me...still last :smith:

Improved my time to 1:19.254 in a TVR Sagaris at Infineon (GT: Eperitus #5,404).

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

Improved my time to 1:19.254 in a TVR Sagaris at Infineon (GT: Eperitus #5,404).

New car, new time. Ran a 1:17.732 in a Lotus Exige '06 (#2,426). I feel like I'm leaving a bit of time on the track, but I'm pretty happy with that.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Mugello - #15,986 1:53.805 Pagani Zonda C GT: Eperitus

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Road Atlanta - #37,680 1:13.044 [AUGR] Eperitus Honda CR-Z

Edit: haha, what did you guys do to the Road America Rivals? 14 minutes, and I didn't beat you with a clean lap AND my time is the sum of the two laps I ran...

MalleusDei fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 4, 2013

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

GT: Eperitus

Sedona: #12,219 1:25.431 911 '73
Road America: #38,072 2:04.038 #009 Aston DBR9

I don't have a ton of time in the next couple of weeks, so those might have to stand. Sedona will probably need a new car, since I feel like I've wrung that one out. Road America I'm not sure, the Aston is the fastest (top speed) R2 numbered car in my garage, I might have to poke around some more.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

I managed a 1:23.483 on Sedona in my '73 911 (GT: Eperitus #6,854)

Edit:

And a 2:03.471 in the #26 Porsche GT1 on Road America (#33,259) I can definitely go faster, its just a matter of keeping the lap together.

MalleusDei fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 29, 2013

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

R1 Road Atlanta: 1:14.104 - #2 Audi R8 (GT: Eperitus #29,503)

Edit: B class 'ring: 9:40.588 (clean!) - E36 M3 (#9,312)

I drove pretty conservatively to get a clean flying lap, and I'm poo poo at the 'ring anyway. I can find at least at least a second at Road Atlanta, I think. Maybe I'll try a couple other cars just for fun, but the R8 is one of my favorite R1 cars.

MalleusDei fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 30, 2013

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

What view do you all use? I've pretty much used hood view since I bought the game over a year ago, but lately I've been going through a crisis after I realized that I'm probably faster in third person. I kind of hate the way the car handles (and sounds) in third person, so I am pretty much just having a conflict inside my head as I change the camera 10 times each race. Add that to the fact that I'm woefully mediocre and you have a recipe for disaster! :(

Cockpit for *MY IMMERSION* for almost every car. There's a car or two where the cockpit view gets weird, and the road surface starts to get blown out (Sebring is particularly bad, for instance. I wish I could remember which cars this happens in.). Then I'll switch to hood.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Do I need to leave AUGR to get in on the new club?

Gt: Eperitus for whoever is handing out invites. Thanks!

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Yeah, you can only be in one club at a time. If you send a join request, I'll auth you. I'll be on shortly.

Done. I don't think I can race this afternoon, but hopefully I'll catch you guys online soon.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Damnit, hard locked. Could someone spam a club invite or something?

Edit: nevermind, found the game.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

I don't think I can manage a series at the moment, but I could definitely find time for a time attack type of thing.

  • Locked thread