Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Got my email from Best Buy that they've shipped my Collector's edition. Now to use mankind's best and worst invention, shipment tracking. I'll shoot somebody in the face if it takes until the 17th to get from Kentucky to Michigan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

BrokenKnees posted:

Got my email from Best Buy that they've shipped my Collector's edition. Now to use mankind's best and worst invention, shipment tracking. I'll shoot somebody in the face if it takes until the 17th to get from Kentucky to Michigan.

Had mine cancelled too, but I already got a notice that it was shipping and a tracking number so I'm calling right now to check on things. If it ends up being lovely, anybody know of a store still selling the LCE?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Since I got the email that the LCE shipped yesterday, and the email saying it was cancelled today, I'm currently crossing my fingers that it will still show up on my doorstep. $20 and 1600 mspts is nice, but it doesn't replace all the extras from the LCE.

Any goons having luck with any US stores/sites that are still in stock?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Target's still showing as in-stock for me, but I'm debating changing my pre-order. Not getting the fuzzy dice or pre-order bonus car is forgivable, but I don't want to lose any chance at the LCE by jumping around different stores.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I bit the bullet on a Target LCE, and might have a spare if BestBuy still comes through on my order.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Finally managed to wrangle a LCE out of Best Buy, after they pulled the ultimate dick move. Got both a box with Fuzzy dice on my porch and an email with a DLC code, but the actual game itself was still back-ordered. Managed to get it changed to instore pickup with little hassle, so I've started dicking around tonight.

Question, do the DLC cars autmatically get put in your garage, or do you have to buy them from the ingame store? The BMW 1M wasn't gifted to me so I had to buy it with credits. Or did I just input all my DLC codes in the wrong order?

It was:

BMW 1M
Launch Bonus Car Pack
Bonus Track Pack
LCE DLC
and then I bought the Season Pass

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

TannhauserGate posted:

So... E-class is enough to do some light modding, or are we going higher?

Someone was definitely high.

Any ideas on what people will decide as the de facto cars to race in each class are? In FM3, I always picked a car I liked the look of, or a unicorn car I had painted with rainbows and stars. I'd actually like to stand a chance of winning a few races this time around.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Ether Frenzy posted:

So Best Buy charged me $8.44 to send me some terrible stupid Forza 4 fuzzy dice that I didn't want. Because they cancelled my LCE on launch day and had already shipped the dice, suddenly I'm responsible for the charges on the "Free" giveaway.

gently caress best buy forever is what I'm saying.

They also never sent me my 1M code.

Call up customer support with your order number, I was able to get my LCE switched to instore pickup with no hassle. As for the 1M code, look for an email with the subject "Redeem your Xbox Live digital product"

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

ApathyGifted posted:

Okay, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere:

Was the limited edition ACTUALLY limited this time? I didn't pre-order because I didn't have a job (I got my first paycheck on the 13th). But I really want that bastard. Not enough to pay the $130 that people on Amazon are asking, but enough to wait on it if there's gonna be more.

Best Buy had some extra when I picked my copy up, and I saw a few at Walmart last night. I don't know about a month or two on, but you should still be able to find a copy for now.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Anybody want to make this and a diamond plate pattern for me?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Just ran into three of you GISH fuckers in Hummer busses. Luckily managed to avoid any pileups, thank god a Spirit R is more agile than a schoolbus.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Had fun racing with goons tonight, sorry if my paint-swapping was a little over-zealous. I mostly race online with pubbies, and it's a great way to piss them off.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

siig posted:

It's probably the "invite club members" feature, it spams the entire club roster and every person in a lobby can do it. It's actually a great feature, it makes filling up the lobby that much easier, I just wish there was a way to enable some kind of optional "I want to play career/rivals mode for a while, don't send me invites" mode without straight up signing out of XBL.

You could turn off notifications in the guide menu.

Had fun racing tonight, though I need to take a day or two and do some single player or rivals poo poo to farm credits. Any idea on how long it takes to get the bonus credits from buying both the LCE and Season pass?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Is there a way to trigger the glitch, or is it random?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Been thinking about getting a wheel, but I don't have the money for a nice fanatec setup. Do any goons have and like microsoft's new wireless wheel? I'm looking around and nothing else is a decent price or is made by madcatz.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I'd kill to use the horn in a multiplayer race, just to piss off people more as my bright pink car passes/slams into them.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

BrokenKnees posted:

Been thinking about getting a wheel, but I don't have the money for a nice fanatec setup. Do any goons have and like microsoft's new wireless wheel? I'm looking around and nothing else is a decent price or is made by madcatz.

Quoting for the new page. Found an original microsoft wheel for $70 on craigslist, but if that falls through I'd still like some goon opinions of other wheels.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

BlazeKinser posted:

Since I have too much money in this game, I've decided to gift out some cars just because I can. I've got 10 cars that I'm giving out. None of these are cars that I got as level prizes, I spent a lot of my credits on them just to give them away to Y-O-U!

But, just to liven it up a little we'll be doing this the way the Roman emperor Elagabalus ran his lotteries. Meaning seven of you will be getting one of these (click for fullview)...

...but three of you will instead be getting cars that I picked up from the lot of LLJK Motors (where your salvage title is guaranteed to contain no more than 3 spelling errors)! Look at these beauties, you know you want 'em...

First 10 people to post their gamertags are entered. If less than 10 people enter then I'll either split the cars up between however many do enter, or I'll just give them all to whoever has the most offensive sounding name because I'm immature like that.

Gt: BrokenKnees

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I have a bad habit of putting the same Enkei rims that my real car has on every car in the game, mostly since my car is broken and I can't drive it.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

djfooboo posted:

If you are talking about RPF1's I have the same "problem" :ohdear:

vvvvv I wish I could even join LLJK races half the time to drop them

RS6's for me, but since they're on my first car there's nothing about it that I don't love, even with a busted transmisson, missing side mirror, and non-working sunroof.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Can anybody scan the QR code in the DLC trailer at about 00:20 seconds in? My phone seems to be having trouble with it.

Edit:
I decided to bite the bullet on the wireless speed wheel. Amazon was $10 off and BF3 gave me a $20 credit with them, so getting it half off wasn't too bad. I'll be sure to post my take on it.

BrokenKnees fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 28, 2011

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I want DLC that has more everyday cars. I want to have races on Fujimi Kadio with stock Ford Windstars.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

A5H posted:

gently caress, why can I never find devs to win unicorns :(

Even finding them can be a double edged sword. During one of the Game with devs for FM3, I was put in the devs' lobby a few times equaling about 3/4 races during a 4hr period or so. I won two unicorns and a DLC code, so I went to post a generic tank you on the forums. There were literally people pissed that my small number of races over a FOUR hour period had kept them from winning DLC codes/Unicorns.

Puddin posted:

How exactly does one win a unicorn car? I thought they were all just auction house things?

Taking part in the FM community. From competing in photo competitions to time trials, racing during Game w/ Devs events, and Turn10 has even given some away as prizes for triva questions on twitter. They also gave them away for pre-ordering FM4 and when their twitter feed reached a high number of followers. You can also import and you had in FM3. The auction house has some but they're also sometimes put there to catch people who've hacked to get more credits.

There is no perfect way, watch the Forza forums and look for contests that you might to good in. I can't design liverys or do time trials worth poo poo, and it took a long time for me to win a unicorn off twitter, but only an afternoon to complete the rest of the unicorn set in FM3 thanks to a Game w/ devs.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Shogunner posted:

Alright check it foo's, we got a NASCAR series going on. Add SHoGuNN3R or PerfectGrade GT and bring a stock NASCAR (no upgrades) with a livery. Cheers

Would join you but I'm about to go grab dinner, but I should be on later.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Saw that Turn10 was doing some trivia questions on Facebook with next month's DLC as prizes. Started frantically searching for the answer until I remembered that I had already bought the season pass for DLC.

Also, any idea on when I should expect the LCE + Season pass credits and the gift cars for pre-ordering?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

wolrah posted:

I wouldn't get too excited unless there's confirmation of it being legit. There are save editors in the wild already, so if liveries are stored similarly to how they were on older versions it should be possible to insert just about any image you want. The only question is how long it takes T10 to notice and grab the banhammer.

I'd kill for the ability to upload an image directly as a vinyl group. Even if it was only through Turn10's site and had a mandatory screening for banned content.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Have goons figured out the best cars/tunes for each class yet? As much as I love the Saturn Ion, it isn't winning me any races.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Downloaded the Sirrocco pack, now do I have to download each other car individually? Is there no full Speed pack download?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Scatterfold posted:

crosspostin from SAEG

gently caress I want that, but since I never got the credit glitch I can't afford.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Got the speed pack working, it's a bit of an odd way to get it though, I hope it gets sorted out for the next packs.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
My wireless speed wheel came in the mail today, and so far I'm a little mixed about it.

The triggers on it work great like I've heard and the wheel itself is easy to use and a lot more responsive than I expected.

No bumpers, and that messes up a lot more menus than I expected. Hope that's something T10 can change with a patch.

No headset port, so can't use my turtlebeaches as a mic when racing online anymore, unless I use a regular controller. Any places for a cheap wireless 360 mic?

I'll add more later, but overall it's better than I expected and minor complaints I have are easily covered up by 50% off price I paid for the wheel.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Can't say I'm too happy about them releasing the pre-order and launch bonus cars. Not that I'm pissed about losing my exclusive cars that I never use, just the cost of getting the pre-order cars I didn't have. Buying the 4 cars I don't have costs more than the $7 for the pack. Though I don't want to spend that much on a pack I already own most of. Would have been nice if people who already had the pack could re-download it and get the new cars.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

GhostDog posted:

You can now get the Fanatec CSR with the CSR Elite Pedals and the Shifter in a pack for €/$ 360. Apparently they got production prices down due to volume... thanks to idiots like me who bought the exact same poo poo for 100 euros more only four weeks ago :argh:

But I need to fix my real car...

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I'm hoping the open wheeled car is a drivable version of the Warthog.

As for that sweepstakes for MS points, I still haven't had the ad show up on the dashboard and there's no link to download it from the website that I've seen.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Is the VIP discount permanent or limited time only? For something like the Porsche pack I'd rather wait and look for regular sale or a deeply discounted points card online.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Fayez Butts posted:

Porsche DLC is $20, Season Pass is $30 and theres like 5-7 or so months worth of car packs after that for $7 a piece.

Get the season pass first, and you can get a couple bucks off the Porsche expansion.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Cannot Find Server posted:

I am already very wary of the future of the series with how atrociously they have handled the DLC for Horizon. If they gently caress us over the same way that they did with 3, then I might say 'gently caress this poo poo' and stop buying Forza games altogether. I'd hate not playing them anymore, but I cannot support a company that pulls that bullshit.

I picked up Horizon the other week when MS was selling it for $15 but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, how did they mess up the DLC for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

djfooboo posted:

I'm confused. Are people genuinely angry that Forza 3 released car models that were supposedly limited? Why can't late adapters have cool stuff? When I buy a "limited edition" digital good I expect exclusivity for as long as the publisher believes they can sit on their hands making no extra money off it (not long)
You already mentioned the time that it's exclusive, but compare the cost of the Limited Edition to the regular. What was a $20-40 difference made downloadable for $5 can be off-putting. Though that really depends on the nature of the DLC and the value of the rest of the LE.

• Locked thread