Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I'm disappointed that the thread title is not clever.

Good OP though :unsmith:

Forza Motorsport 4: S. Johansson nudes ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

pvax posted:

Yeah - 500+ cars is plenty enough for me. Especially if you add in engine swaps and abilty to set them up in multiple classes etc ...

I'd much rather we got regular Track DLC releases than Car Pack DLC any day. I also agree with the Gamespot review that I would have rather the disc space go to more tracks than to something like Autovista.

Still, I'm as excited as a kid is when waiting for the first day of summer.

The disc space is not the issue here, development time is - isn't the second DVD like 2GB. Granted HDD space might be a problem for the Arcade and 20 gig models.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Welp... Got an e-mail from Game that my LCE pre-order has been cancelled.

So I ordered it again. Like they said.

And now they cancelled that one too.

gently caress

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Jarf posted:

drat, when did you make your order? I'm relieved I haven't received a cancellation (yet) but I made my order early August. My order status is "unshipped" so I'm hoping that I'm one of the few that has a Forza 4 LCE sitting in the warehouse right now waiting for the release date.

September 17th. I had it pre-ordered on Shopto before that but they didn't get the LCE so I changed to Game. That might've bit me in the rear end.

Anyhoo I ordered it again because I am a stubborn bastard and they haven't cancelled that one yet. Fingers crossed.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Keket posted:

UK game or what? i preordered the LCE on saterday and it still hasent shown up as cancelled :ohdear: hope it comes.

Added myself to the spreadsheet, ill be mostly drifting once i get enough cash, but ill proberly also try to paint things for goons and set easy to beat lap times for you all.

Yeah, UK Game.

Good news is the latest order hasn't been cancelled yet so...

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Holy crap the GAME pre-order went through! IT SHIPPED gently caress I'M SO EXCITED! Now begins the long wait til next Tuesday or so.

God drat international shipping :argh:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

j3rkstore posted:

And now, the countdown till quittin' time :3:

Is the BMW cover just a shiny paper box with the game case and the book in there or is it something fancier?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

real_scud posted:

Just a shiny paper box, since the LCE box is really a tin-case with Forza 4 on it.

Ahh poo poo, that's what I actually mean't to ask - whether the BMW thing IS the box or just a cover. So the real LCE box is inside that BMW box? Sweet.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

real_scud posted:

Here's a somewhat crappy image of what's inside the box and how everything looks.

Daaamn that looks hella tight.

Ugh I think I'm gonna go and get super drunk and try to warp forward a couple of days or so to make the wait more bearable.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Symphoric posted:

They made it so you can't really cheat the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca anymore. Not sure how I feel about this.

What did they do?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

xzzy posted:

You forgot the 2nd generation Subaru wagons, the most lowly of all high school cars in the 90's.

Is the Volvo 240 in the game?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

BlazeKinser posted:

Sure enough is. And yes, it still drives like an oil tanker with a broken rudder.

Yesssss. Gonna paint it a hideously dull green and try to drift it in every corner.

Hopefully miss that E190 this time, heh.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Idiot race posted:

I checked this morning but nothing, i'll have to check later if i've got mine.

I didnt realise the 037 was rwd, for some reason I thought it was AWD, but im getting it confused with the delta s4. God I would love the delta S4 in forza, such an utterly mental car.

Got the preorder code about an hour ago. No sign of the game itself, though.

loving hate all of you.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

BlazeKinser posted:

So I was doing some research on the Charger Daytona while trying to build mine to be as close to NASCAR spec as possible, and I came across something rather interesting...

Well I'll be damned. :stare:

So M. Rossi is what, about 65 years old?

That would explain quite a lot why he drives like that.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Puddin posted:

How loving long does it take to install the 2nd disc.

I just want to play!

Like 3 minutes?

Requesting an invitation to SAEG - grande diabolik

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Falken posted:

Ok sandwich, will get on it

e: in the disclaimer text, there's a section that says

"The views and opinions made by Top Gear are not that of Turn 10 or Microsoft studios" hahaha

e2:

grande diabolik, greenflash7 and Cute as Heck have been added to SAEG.

Hell yes son.

And of course my router drops the 360s connection when a download is almost done and corrupting it.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

God drat, what's with all the router trouble? All of you having issues and I am stuck behind a strict NAT? Did we anger some automotive gods or something.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I said come in! posted:

If this was the only thing announced, I would be fine with that.

It's gonna be a Porsche announcement because I bought my own copy of Forza 3 this week, and so it'll be a waste of money now with Porsche coming to FM4.

Thanks for taking one for the team, I said come in!.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Someone mentioned on the official forums that they saw at least 205 roads to explore.

There was a counter (ACHIEVEMENTS) in the bottom of the screen in that short E3 vid that showed .../205.

How big was Hot Pursuit 2010? I hope there are some villages at least - having almost no buildings in HP was weird.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Hot Pursuit didn't have a very big world I think. I don't remember it being that large anyways.

OK, so according to Criterions Twitter it's 10.5 square miles and 100 miles of road but there's not that many different routes - looking at the map I can count ~20 named roads so there should at least be a bigger variety in races in Horizons.

I'm optimistic Horizons will be fun - I know I have left Forza 4 on the sidelines due to my terrible ISP but nice open world driving games are rare to come by.

xzzy posted:

[...]

I just want to do my very own Cannonball run, is that so wrong? :allears:

Need For Speed: The RuAHAHAHahahaha sorry.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

xzzy posted:

Really, that's my big hope for Horizon. I hope it does well and Turn 10 takes it as a hint they should be branching out into different styles of racing. Maybe by the time the next xbox launches we'll have a proper rally game again. :ohdear:

If someone makes Richard Burns Rally 2 I probably will die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

LiquidRain posted:

I like the gear stick with the "5" button right in the neutral zone.

It's the overdrive.

• Locked thread