Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Caliborn took the wand (white revolver) from Hussie ('took' in the sense that Hussie threw it at him) and left the AK-47 (giant cuestaff) behind. Then Spades Slick took that. So that's why he has the wand in Caliborn: Enter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

IUG posted:

Wait, there was an update and there has only been one new post in about a half hour?

EDIT: Oh, maybe it's because the site is unreachable. Or it is for me now.

Yeah, it's been this way for the last few updates. Every time there's a new one the site gets hammered for a while.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Based on what I know about taking long hiatuses from a project, especially a web-based one, I really worry if Hussie is going to finish Homestuck at all.
I really, really, really want to believe he will finish it, but the longer the gigapause lasts, the more I worry. :ohdear:

I'm still not sure why he had to start on the game before the comic was finished when the Kickstarter was funded entirely on the comic's merit alone.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

cathead posted:

He had to start on the game because there is an actual dev team hired for it. Like, as far as the game is concerned there are a lot more people working on it than just Hussie this time, so he doesn't have the luxury of waiting because a lot of the high level concepts and designs need to be hashed out so the devs have something to work with.

Also, I'm not sure why you think the guy would take a thing he worked on near daily for 5 whole years of his life and go "yeah, I think I'll just not finish this". Do you think he's literally just not working on it at all? Because he's specifically said he is, it's just going slower than he expected. We'll get it eventually.

Creative momentum is hard to keep up. I've seen a LOT of artists halt production for one reason or another and never resume it.
I guess I was misinterpreting some of what he said in recent news posts and assumed he hadn't gotten started yet, which in hindsight doesn't really make sense. Sorry I'm an idiot, I guess v:v:v

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Macero posted:

I really should finish homestruck. I made it to the second round of
kids and lost interest. Tell me something good is in there with those four to make it
worth it.

Roxy is one of the best characters, period.
Jane is forgettable, Jake is terrible, and Dirk is potentially interesting but also kind of awful.

Luckily Roxy makes up for all three of them.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I hope someone calls Caliborn a 'little green toilet elf' now.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

JT Jag posted:

So, if Caliborn makes Lord English, if he's a self-insert that Caliborn is puppeting, then he has to be made from something, right?

I have a theory on the matter. It's kind of crazy, but I suspect that somehow, Caliborn will get his hands on Jake and turn him into Lord English. This is more or less based on nothing except the fact that Jake's last name is English, as well as the whole "Jake is destined to defeat Lord English" thing.

If Lord English is a puppet then he was pretty obviously made from something; the puppet that literally turned into him.

If I had to theorize about it, I'd say that B2 Jack had the same process forced on him that Doc Scratch voluntarily underwent; the reason Jack didn't literally turn into English is because it's just not quite as effective as it is when the host is literally part Cal.

Haa haa, hee hee, hoo hoo, etc.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

ikanreed posted:

Arrgh. Problem. Big problem. Hussie is pretty good about time travel plot holes normally. But he just prevented gamzee's chucklevoodoos.

Couldn't he have done that before harassing Terezi/getting caught? I was pretty sure he did it immediately after Dave sent him the miracles video, at least that's what the chatlog implies.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
The way I always interpreted it is that if Vriska had actually stayed alive, her development from talking to John would have had a chance to stick, but she died and being the dreambubbles undid everything. Now she got to stay alive, so who knows how she turned out.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Bec was also the only exception. Jaspersprite was just a floaty cat head in a kernel before Dave dragged the eldritch princess doll onto him in [S] Enter.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Plom Bar posted:

That wouldn't matter, as the hatching process could only ever take place in the Medium, because each half of the Kernel needs to get to Prospit and Derse, respectively.

Chalk it up to being a missed plot hole in the first draft of a >1,000,000 word text.

I dunno, Jaspersprite still had the kernel halo around him in [S] Enter, and didn't lose it till Rose entered the medium.

I can't think of any instance of double prototyping that happened until after entering the medium other than Rose, actually. All the trolls only prototyped once and the Alpha kids obviously only prototyped after entering.

So it appears to just be A Thing that once it's double prototyped a sprite is a sprite, but the kernel stays with it till the player enters the medium.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

WAR FOOT posted:

Yeah, there was no fat or redundancy in this upd8. Short and sweet, directly to the point.

I hope these nicknames for Vriska and Aranea catch on.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I loved this update.

Dirk's more-or-less confirmation that his splinters are all connected in some way, even across realities, seems to offer a pretty good explanation of why Bro tried to initiate the scratch himself way back when. I always sort of wondered about that.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I hope Karkat shows up to call Vriska out for being a piece of poo poo.

He is, after all, the resident expert on self-loathing who has recently been rendered unconscious.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Whether more albums come out or not isn't as big an issue as the injustice that is the fact that one of the Objectively Best Homestuck Songs has yet to ever be used in-comic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPFtkMnvH0
:colbert:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Zoe posted:

Explore? Sburban Jungle? It's hilarious to me how badly all of you keep misspelling Pumpkin Cravings.

Came here to post this.

But also The Lordling.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
IMHO the opinions of (T)oxx are very obviously coming from a place of former love for Homestuck, a creative work that is in no way a person with feelings so maybe lay the gently caress off them for critiquing it because it in no way gives a poo poo and I'm sure Hussie wouldn't either. It's disappointment with something that was once great.

I, too, have been burnt by creative works I have adored. That includes Homestuck, which I still enjoy, just not as much as I used to.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
what

what the gently caress did the juju even do to lord english

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I found the soundtrack to the final page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tao67Idz3Uc

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I guess I’m bookmarking this thread again.

What I’m getting from this is that John is going to have to go back to that one flash where Carne Vale was the music and everyone loving died and make that not happen. I don’t remember what the name of it was. He is going to have to punch Aranea in the face.

Making Homestuck predictions in TYOOL 2019 feels weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Yeah I'm pretty sure John's going to go prevent [S] Game Over.