Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Man, it's time for the EoA flash already? I knew I should have reread Homestuck earlier. Oh well too late now!

The thing I want to see happen the most is a Lord English reveal. What's his deal, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Well that was completely loving AMAZING

RE: Dave and Rose being EVIL: I think another big clue that they are NOT on LE's side now is the fact that they're not completely green like The Felt. They're just God Tier and ready to go do God Tier things with their new buddies Aradia and Sollux.

I really want to play that arcade machine in the art for Arcade Thunder (which is probably my favorite song on the album).

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

thanks alot assbag posted:

I think what's most interesting about this flash is how we never got closure on how destroying the exile stations would help to rebuild society.

They were just blowing them up to prevent Bec Noir from getting into the troll session using teleporters that each station had, not for any particular world-building reason. Unfortunately AR got killed before he could blow them all up.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I really, really like the Sega Genesis vibe of Escape Pod. Makes me want to play Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine even though I am absolutely poo poo at puzzle games. Not to mention Davesprite, the 8-bit Carefree Action, etc.

Also drat is Black Hole/Green Sun good, along with every part featuring in the Act 5 finale, gently caress man.

But I think the song I'm replaying most is Hussie Hunt. Don't know why... I just really like it. And its artwork makes me laugh :)

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I wonder if we'll ever find out what the ultimate riddle is.

Or for that matter, the ultimate alchemy. I'm hoping we'll find out in the final act since this is supposed to be an Sburb session played the "proper" way, since they both seem to be tied with the game itself.

I thought that the Ultimate Riddle was how the kids came to be (ectobiology shenanigans), and the Ultimate Alchemy is the universe you wind up with when you win the game?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Favorite moments... for easy mode, definitely the very first Strife! flash with John and Dad. I was instantly hooked.

For hard mode, Jack Noir VS Dad.

Dad isn't even like, a particular favorite character of mine. He just winds up being in all these awesome situations and mangrits right through them.

Special mention to the entire Midnight Crew intermission. I still reread it independently of the story sometimes. :)

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

loquacius posted:

For another thing, now that he's done hulking out, who's to say he's not going to spend twenty minutes out of his eternity in the Alternia universe getting himself some clothes that fit?

Hahaha, that would be amazing.

"You are now LORD ENGLISH." :stare:

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

So that triceratops troll is now canon? I can dig it

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

It never occurred to be that Jane, Jake etc. would be copies of the babies from the first session. If the characters from this universe are literally copied from the the first session's ectobiology babies, then how would the whole ectobiology thing for the new session work out? I guess there's the fact that Jake's hand in creating the bunny ultimately contributed to the Scratch, and thus the new universe's existence, which would bypass the need for ectobiology if they are indeed copies from the first session.

HalfHazard fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 12, 2011

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I heard about Homestuck before I heard about Problem Sleuth, but I decided to read Problem Sleuth before trying to read Homestuck, and I think I made the right decision. PS is very funny and it got me hooked on the site's type of humor and style, which helped with the "slow" beginning of Homestuck. The huge train of glorious nonsense that is its entire story makes up for its lack of depth, IMO.

I'd say PS is at least a good "primer" for the site. A ~2000 page primer maybe, but yeah, absolutely worth it.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

quote:

TG: all those
TG: cyhpers and bobbytraps
TG: backdoor trojans and what not
TG: were no match
TG: 4 mai codez
TG: snicker

That was my favorite bit in one long unbroken chain of favorite bits. Mom Lalonde is ALL KINDS of the best character.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Man I just realized something I am really looking forward to: finding out what the kids are going to prototype their Kernelsprites with, and the shenanigns involved with that! I am giddy with anticipation :allears:

*shenanigans

HalfHazard fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 17, 2011

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Man, I really want to like Spider8ite, but the singing really just does not do it for me.

Good thing there's a vocal-less lounge version which is quite fantastic :buddy:

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

So since it is probably an eight player session, is that going to mean that the Scratch kids and first kids all have to enter in a chain, or could it be that just the four Scratch kids make a chain, and then Jade just slaps the planets she brought with her into the new Insipisphere? What would the ramifications be for entering the game twice? Would John and company get new kernelsprites, what would be the deal with their Gates, etc?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

So I take it that this brobot has a little bit of a backstory? I already saw that it's a call back to a poster on Dave's wall, but what is the whole scoop?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

So I'm guessing the fact that Crabdad is here implies the lusii could also be associated with LE. They're part of how he (or his lieutenants) prep the scratched session for victory: they'd be used to fighting really vicious or gigantic monsters already, and so have an easier time in the game.

Also, Chaotic Strength is perfect for this fight. :black101:

Oh hah, and it updated while I was typing. Tinkerbull just cannot stop dying in hilariously sad ways. :cawg:

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Who loves orange soda? Dirk loves orange soda.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Reading the stuff about everyone meeting doomed versions of themselves and then seeing God Tier Eridan really had me busting a gut!

It made me realize that the possibility of an Eridan hitting on another Eridan and STILL being totally rejected is probably very high.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Hopy poo poo, I can't stop laughing at Owen Wilson's face on that movie poster. 8^y

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Have been skipping around the tracks on Vol. 9 and wow do I love Moonsetter and Candles and Clockwork: Alpha Version. poo poo, Moonsetter is in the running for Favorite Homestuck Song right now.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

FewtureMD posted:

If the Uracil twins don't share a body after all we've seen, the fandom is going to go bonkers.

I have a very bad feeling that "Don't turn your back on the body" is about to get really, really relevant, possibly in a lovely twisty way.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I was fine with using 9's for O's because it fits with the theme of those rants (I'm sorry, "thoughtful and constructive dialogues") being unreadable.

Also I loved the GamerGrl Remix for Latula's theme, here's hoping its on whatever forthcoming BeforusBound (BeforusFettered?) album they come out with in the future.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

From her Symbolically Rendered appearance way back when to her titanic Angelina Jolie puffy lips in this flash, has there ever been a time when Aradia didn't look off somehow? :/

And about the walkaround sprites, do they remind anyone else of the sprites in Phantasy Star 2?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Hey DaveKap, would you mind making an avatar of Latula smiling? That would be so R4D.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

DaveKap posted:

I assume this is what you want!

Perfect, thanks much :hfive:

e: Not seeing Porrim as an MRA mirror image, unless the mirror image includes that she has an actual point.

And if any Beforus troll is going to be an actual MRA, it'll be Ampora, as a guess.

HalfHazard fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 1, 2012

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Ten thousand smackers is almost worth getting that fantroll that is also a monocle-wearing triceratops to become canon.

Almost.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Honestly now that there is a $10000 backer, I really hope it winds up being the only one just so all the rest of the characters can be like "Who's this douchebag?" before the fantroll gets vaporized by LE or whatever.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

re: Colours B chat: No love for Cyan Beast? That's probably one of my favorites of that album.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Honestly I'm not surprised that stairs keep being a thing that happens, because someone forgot to install handrails at the meteor facility.

How can they be expected to exercise proper stair safety without this basic safety measure? Someone get Prospitian OSHA on the phone FFS

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Well :stare:

I'm pretty convinced that they should keep this thing far, far away from the clutches of Caliborn/LE, anyway.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Triskelli posted:

Goddammit, I don't remember what it was called now, but someone in the thread linked a half-decent metafic that was a GameFAQs for Sburb, and it said that "Trickster Mode" was a virus in the game that infected players and should be avoided at all costs. To see actually happen though... :stare:

Are you talking about the Sburb Glitch FAQ? Yeah I thought of that too. Hopefully this really is just a prank and not the first step into this session spinning straight to hell on a sugar high.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Nephthys posted:

I didn't say it was a bad thing, I just think its an odd reaction for John to have. He got over the first mass murder she admitted to him about nigh instantly.

Honestly, I think John was being diplomatic about it. I haven't read that part in a while, but to me John seemed like he was just trying to be a good listener regarding Vriska's (Fresca's) problems, as opposed to just shrugging it off.

John's not dumb nor is he callous, he's just... kind of a slow burner on concepts he isn't familiar with.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Bell_ posted:

Diplomatic is the right word. But regarding citrusy drinks, I think at some point he had it in his head that all trolls were that way, helped along by the belligerence from the troll kids and Her own explanation of Alternian society. The straw breaking the camel's back was meeting the other trolls and learning that with a couple exceptions they WEREN'T okay with all that stuff, and seeing how Vriska treated pretty much everyone but him and Meenah, which is nowhere near what's right in his head.

At least he got to meet Fefeta. Kinda.

And on top of that, he met her while she was in the middle of the very thing she was supposedly conflicted about doing earlier on, and making up a really bullshit justification for it that she bought into completely.

Tollymain posted:

Wow that result is kind of gross if you think about it for more than a few seconds :barf:

This deformed matriorb is destined to give birth to the queen that mothered Herpus Derpus and that rainbow fan troll.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Tollymain posted:

I just like homestuck :unsmith:

I feel the same way; while everyone is getting all worked up about the nearly non-existent narrative consequences of death or whatever, I'm just over here, having a chuckle over Dave giving the Mayor a smooch on his forehead. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

caaaaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeeeeel the looooooooooove to-niiiiiiiiiiiight