Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Sherrard posted:

This is the moment where I've been fully converted, the moment I Get It

You're exactly two years behind the rest of us. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Color Printer posted:

Now watch as Hussie stretches out the entire rest of this intermission for at least a week or two :v:

The flash ended with Meenah approaching Vriska et al, so naturally we're about to get a perspective shift.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Speaking of Squiddles, Alexander Rosetti's solo album is out.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Stayton posted:

I'm actually thinking that Hussie is not going to pass up a glorious chance to troll his fanbase. Trolls have no incest taboo. If the ancestors figure out a way to get out of the dream bubbles, one of them will hook up with their descendant. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the canonical troll ships went that way. Then Hussie makes a single lined blog post. "This is what happens when you ship!"

Nah, even Eridan has standards.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Bobulus posted:

Wait a minute. Late October... has it really been a year since Cascade?

It has indeed. And by extension, two years since Past Karkat: Wake Up.

Tumblr is basically nothing but year-old reblogs right now. Nostalgia.

Oh, and it's also been eight months since Dante Basco started reading.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 25, 2012

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Ariong posted:

The quest slab also requires you to be bathed in the fires of the green sun.

This isn't an explicit requirement, just one that Hussie hinted might be the case.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Ariong posted:

Seems kinds fishy to me. Well, whatever.

It could very easily be a coincidence, but it's also exactly the sort of thing Hussie would do.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Color Printer posted:

Haha, I just realized despite the Kanaya/Rose update coming out on 10/26 (even by his time zone, I believe), the publish date on the logs say 10/25, just so they would officially come out on that all-important date. :allears:

And Rose commemorated the event by cascading.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Does the comic ever give the characters anything resembling agency? Everything until the end of act 5 that I remember was pretty much all about failure, predestination, no one being able to affect things because all the time loops made things already happen, and more and more grisly death. It depresses me.

It seems to be slowly moving in that direction, and it's pretty clear that breaking away from predestination is going to be a big part of any possible victory, what with LE's near-total control over the timeline.

In unrelated news, who wants a collection of 36 GameBro mashups?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Bongo Bill posted:

Jack's been in prison for a day less than 22 weeks. Somebody double-check my math on this - if they started on November 11, 2011, that means the current date is March 5, 2012, right?

22*7-1=153

Dec. 11 -30 days
Jan. 11 -31 days
Feb. 11 -31 days
Mar. 11 -29 days
Apr. 11 -31 days =152 days

So either it's April 12, or Hussie forgot about the leap year. :v:

(e: it sure is convenient that Jack's view of Skaia rising and setting nicely corresponds to Earth days)

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Comic posted:

alpha trolls involve ancestors, alpha kids involve guardians

as compared to the beta versions of trolls and kids

Except the ancestor/guardian distinction is entirely relative since we still don't know which group of trolls were the original genetic forebears (and there's evidence to suggest it's Team Karkat).

At the start of Act 6, people started calling referring to Team Jane as the Alpha kids because of Sburb Alpha. Also, the Scratch could be interpreted as creating a new "super-alpha" timeline.

Once that term stuck, people started using it to apply to Team Aranea because they occupied the same thematic space of "characters introduced in Act 6 as alternate versions of existing characters". Plus it's intuitive in the sense that Alpha comes before Beta, even if that doesn't mesh with the comic's pre-existing logic.

Unfortunately, now that Hussie has solidified this naming convention in the comic, fixing it is as unlikely as getting the US to uniformly adopt the metric system.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Olivia42 posted:

Wouldn't that be Act 6 Act 5 Act 1? Then again, if parallels are followed too closely, we may spiral into an infinite loop of Act 6s.

Lord English showdown in Act 6 Act 6 Act 6.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Bongo Bill posted:

Davesprite, Gamzee, Caliborn, Jane's dad, the Empress, and various carapaces (including all known iterations of Jack Noir) have not yet definitively died even once.

Clover is question-marked on this page. He was marked as dead when Slick opened the vault, but then later showed up at Scratch's place without explanation, so who knows. Intermission time logic is even weirder than normal.

Also, Sawtooth and Squarewave, the true heroes of Homestuck. Whether or not robots can die is uncertain, but they've yet to take fatal damage regardless.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Crain posted:

Ok, Serenity just has to be calliope.

That's less of a stretch than a lot of other theories going around at this point.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Catsworth posted:

Wonder if anything else will get all mixed up.

John was stuffing his face with cake in the intermission; maybe Jane is sick of it now.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Regy Rusty posted:

And it's all thanks to that one guy and his terrible gaming webcomic.

The thread, for reference.

It's still amazing.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Indie Rocktopus posted:

You forgot Mituna. And everybody loves Mituna. That little guy tries so hard. He's like Homestuck's equivalent of Lil' Brudder, the one-legged puppy from Homestar Runner.

It just goes to show, people with brain damage are the real heroes.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

MyFaceBeHi posted:

I hope the next panel is little sprite Hussie running around putting the site back together!

Obviously whilst Caliborn is shooting him leaving little bullet holes everywhere. :allears:

Shoot the author to win $20!

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Nate RFB posted:

It's gotten lost in the shuffle with the updates and all, but I do think that the Sburb OST is better than the Land of Fans and Music at least (still working through it of course).

Yeah, the original LOFAM (as I understand) was basically a free-for-all, whereas this is by a small group of experienced musicians.

There's also a LOFAM2 coming out at Christmas which also has a lot more quality control than the first. One of the benefits of the fandom getting so huge and prolific is that the organizers had a lot more to choose from.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
To make things even more needlessly complicated, there are two sidereal systems: one with 12 equal-length signs, and one with 13 signs of length corresponding to how long the sign is actually prominent. The extra sign is Ophiuchus the serpent-bearer, which lies between Scorpio and Sagittarius. Its symbol is on Caliborn's shirt.

I was going to write more, but there's an update.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Bifurcatedsprite.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

A big flaming stink posted:

Wait why is first guardian Becquerel in Jake's photo/thought bubble?

Presumably B1 Jade wrote about him at some point.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

snucks posted:

So how long have the alpha kids been in the medium for? One year? Three?

Five months going by Jack's tally marks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
The Daedric reads, of course, YOURE WELCOME.

Funny how that one never gets old.