Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
i liked homestuck as it updated and i liked how it ended and i still like it

Ask me anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What are you hoping the game will be like?

Did you enjoy the snapchats?

Have you ever watched a movie you've never seen before just because you saw it referenced in Homestuck?

The game will be good and funny and a low-budget indie game, the snapchats were fine (i think their existence kind of negates the end of the comic but whatever), and no why would I bother

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
i wonder what Homestuck 2 (Homes2uck?) will be about. Post your plot ideas here

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Omega was okay until they brought Aranea back. Her arc was better when she got unceremoniously killed and then literally never mentioned again. It was the ending that all of the Serkets deserved, frankly

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
look at what homestuck is doing to us

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
They will announce the release date which will be 10/25, and that there won't be any more interviews or press until release so they can focus. Then when 10/25 rolls around, there will be nothing.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

ArfJason posted:

to this day im still bummed about their character arcs

I still literally think that the Trolls were all meant to have character arcs that totally troll the reader

Vriska manages to steal the spotlight, having learned nothing
Karkat never does anything actually leader-y, he only gets one small victory at the end out of dumb luck
Kanaya didn't have to do anything but stand around and look pretty. She had plot armor for basically no reason

Then again, the problem is that all of the kids had arcs that troll the reader, too.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
This was fun and I'm glad it exists. Homestuck was fun and I'm all for an EU, however silly it is.

I'm a Virnius, Jade+Prospit+Hope

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
What about Obviously Written To Be The Worst Character, Cronus

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
i keep having a recurring nightmare where i have to explain homestuck to people

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I heard that the greatest comic author of all time died and I came rushing to this thread

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Counterpoint: Homestuck IS bad; Homestuck WAS good

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I always like to think that the trolls all have very troll-y character arcs, e.g., Feferi who presumably has cool life powers, immediately dies and is never relevant again.

Tavros is a fun one because he's all set up for this amazing redemption arc, he has the Leadership aspect (Breath)... meanwhile, the rest of the story hammers home how important it is for characters to learn and grow, and not just rush through everything like in the lollipop juju scenario.

Which makes Tavros such a troll: He's a pathetic nerd who gets killed, and then suddenly shows up four thousand pages later with a huge ghost army that he evidently conjured all by himself through the power of leadership. All of this happens completely off-screen.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Her whole thing is shipping people but none of them ever came true and she died unloved by anyone

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
This is cool. I’m excited to see where this goes.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I quite enjoyed the epilogues but reading like a million words of "what Homestuck is meant to read like" really highlights to me how H^2 has failed to properly capture the tone so far. You just didn't really have the same charm or honesty coming across in any of the dialogue.

I like to think that it's just because all of the dialogue so far has included Dirk, who has no charm or honesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
abnyway here's the cast of centaurworld doing the sbahj ham mouth thing

Only registered members can see post attachments!