Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

A Meatslab posted:

It would be really freaking awesome if Demifiend from SMT III is somehow included. Probably would never happened, but man, if it did...

yeah he's the one I really really want, but I'm fine with the cast as it is really (I'm just going to kick rear end as Kanji :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Meguro's not doing the music, is he? It sounds pretty close to his style if it isn't.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Main character huh...

It's obviously Raidou Kuzanoha, with Raiho as his persona.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Who would Demifiend use as his... Persona though? Raidou would also fit the aesthetic of Persona 4 better.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

El Belmondo posted:

You usually don't need to worry about Troy Baker, I'm pretty sure ATLUS USA has him on speedial or something.

He's basically Nolan North for Japanese games at this point.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

dj_de posted:

For a full on RPG sure but I can't believe they would remove it for a fighting game. Pretty much ever other fighter with english voices also has the option for japanese voices.

Catherine didn't have Japanese either.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Policenaut posted:

If I recall my strange Japanese society studies (read: the Dangan Ronpa thread) the terms "Carnivore" and "Herbivore" refer to someone's romantic personality.

Vincent (from Catherine) was the embodiment of that Herbivore stuff if I remember right.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

I did not quite realise those titles are a thing that showed up in game-play. This game has suddenly got about ten times more funnier.

I kinda want unlockable titles, I dunno if they announce them in the fights or not (if they didn't than they could just put in a bunch)

Also, some of the ones from the fights they showed later were also super funny. Elizabeth was the Ultimate Elevator Attendant, Akihiko was the Two Fisted Protein Junkie...

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I'm still mad about the fact that Arc wanted Dojima in the game with Nanako as his Persona and Atlus wouldn't let them :argh:

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Are all versions of the game region locked? because their excuse is the Japanese folks would import their game from America because it costs way less (and later Europe I suppose), so I don't see why they wouldn't just region lock the American version and let the Japanese version be region free. I'm sure it wouldn't have english text, but for super fans and/or big fighting game fans I doubt they'd care.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Cleretic posted:

It is absolutely amazing what a proper hairstyle does for her.

Here's hoping her voice acting isn't as weird as it was last time I guess.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, I would definitely prefer some P2 characters, I don't think Tatsuya makes much sense after what happened in Eternal Punishment... I'd want Eikichi just for his weapon.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
To be fair they could probably gin up an excuse for at least Raidou (he got to 2012 via the Akarana Corridor or something)

I wouldn't be super surprised if they put in whoever the SMTIV protagonist is going to be in the future.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Waterbed posted:

FYI The 360 version is unplayable online.

Haven't they mentioned that they have a fix for it in certification?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
What character development? That part of his character never developed. His social link was all about getting over Suki, not about not being a homophobic dick to Kanji.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I wonder if there's a story justification for Nanako as a navigator. Not that I wanna know what it is, but ya know.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

PonchAxis posted:

Goddamn this game owns, love everything about it except for Chie's voice. Jesus Christ its bad.

No it isn't? I mean it's different but it's definitely not bad (she actually sounds like a high schooler instead of sounding like she's 30)

but oh man Labrys's voice is so hilarious.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Oh my god Labrys's story mode made me cry like a little girl when I realized why she said she kept saying that she was the student council president.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

LibbyM posted:

I beat story mode with Yukiko and did not get the achievement. Is this a known bug? It can't possibly be because I made the decision to not worry about the boxed lunch, which is the only decision featured in Yukiko's story, and is ridiculously minor. But it's the only thing I can think of.

You have to beat Labrys's story mode to complete the main 4 + Kanji and... Teddie I think?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
and once you get to finish everyone elses by doing Labrys, they'll let you go back to where the story left off (specifically it says continue from cliffhanger).

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I guess this is kind of a spoiler, but did they reference the player of persona 3's gender? I assume it was male, but I don't think they ever called him/her by a pronoun, just calling them a friend or something. I haven't played all of the story modes (I've done 7 of them), but it's just an observation.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

The way I'm going is initial 4, then the rest of the Investigation Team, then SEEs.

Actually, as far as I can tell, the best way is to do 3 (you probably want to do one of the first 4, one of the other 3, and then a SEES member), and then play Labrys, because all of the rest say "to be continued" until you finish Labrys's.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

Huh...welp. Looks like I'm going to have to go through everyone again. :downs:

Actually, once you get to finish the others you can just continue from where it ended originally.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
What's up with arcade mode? I got the achivement for "beating" it with one character, but it ended just as they were leaving and Labrys was going to (story spoilers) get controlled by Eerie Voice/Malevolent Entity or something I assume; do I need to play it on a higher difficulty?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

The Grimace posted:

Aw, man. Looks like Fuuka doesn't have the same voice. She doesn't seem to have a lot of scenes so it's understandable that they wouldn't shill out the money, but it still depresses me.

She sounds the same to me.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

darealkooky posted:

How the titles work is the game gives you GIGANTIC (unlockable) list of 1-2 word long fragments, and you can stick three of em together in any order you want (you can also leave spots blank)

it's a really excellent feature, especially since it has everything you could ever want

Is there a funky student in there? maybe a riddle brother (I don't have live at the moment)

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
For Nanako, wouldn't it be possible to set the match time to infinite and just leave it on for hours on end? It doesn't say whether it's online only or if you can do versus or something.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Sure, I was just wondering; I think Nanako commentary would be funny, but I'm not THAT dedicated.

but I've seen different lists on how to get them; Mitsuru and Teddie are locks, but I've heard that you have to beat arcade on hell mode for Nanako and complete score attack mode with 7 characters for her.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Kanji's title is rad, take that back :colbert:

Also, calling Aigis heartless is mean as hell.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
The story also wouldn't make sense with Raidou, Demi Fiend.

Now, I swear that one of those silhouettes in the shadow operatives picture was Ulala (jacket reminded me) so it's possible that Maya could've been in.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Argh! I'm at 99% for the story mode, uh I guess these are spoilers, I've done Yukiko's, Kanji's, Chie's bad end, I assume Yu has one?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

randombattle posted:

Each dialog choice in Yu's story counts towards the total progress. He doesn't have any alternate paths though it's pure dialog changes.

Does getting 100% get you anything?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

100% in Story Mode unlocks Teddie as a Navigator choice.

No, I got Teddie at 99%.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
she has just as much as everyone else.

I mean you can cheese story mode by bursting and then using the IK (I successfully beat most of Aigis's story opponents doing this, since I am similarly terrible at her)

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

Chie's story mode ending is fantastic and I now demand a Chie/Akihiko team up movie.
That probably has my favorite quote (one of them anyway)

A true man is not bound by her sex!

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Forest Thief Pud posted:

Hey, this group of high school students were just targets, with a couple getting kidnapped too, and the mastermind said he wants to turn (their) personas into powerful shadows? Have them stay in Inaba and ask them to let us handle it. Surely they won't get attacked again now that his plan failed, nor will said people try and follow us despite our good intentions.

Mitsuru realizes this in her ending... She wants to try and stop it before they show up. Not like that's going to happen, but!

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
(Persona Spoilers)Pretty sure Takaya is dead. Some people have floated the idea it's that officer that hires Naoto to look into the Shadow Operatives. It could also be someone not in the game at all, of course, but I don't know anyone in P3 or P4 that'd be a good fit for Eerie Voice. Also the Eerie Voice doesn't talk about past stuff the investigation team or S.E.E.S. has done, does it?

Also Arcsys doesn't really have anything to do with the story.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Spiffo posted:

In Akihiko's story, he says that his skills are impressive, and no wonder he was able to repel a god. This is pretty explicitly referring to their fight against Nyx. The pool of people / beings who are aware of the Dark Hour and the fight against Nyx is probably pretty small, meaning the being is either connected to it, or knows someone who was.

the Eerie Voice is different than the Malevolent Entity, I don't think the Eerie Voice is even in Aki's story. He's only in the Investigation team's stories (minus naoto).

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Even with the changes between 1/2 and 3/4 (like how only one special person in 3 and 4 can change their persona), that'd be a weird piece of lore to add now.

Well, in Persona 1 and 2 they are given the power of Persona by Philemon, while in Persona 3 and 4 they aren't given it by anyone, except for the main character in both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Doesn't the events of this game take place months after p4 concludes?

I thought p4golden was just a p4++ redux, or am I missing something?

Pretty sure that epilogue talks about how something weird happened in golden week 2012, as far as I've heard.

• Locked thread