Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

TaurusOxford posted:

No Items Cards
Wesker Only
Training Stage

It's a good day to be a Wesker player. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ImperialGuard posted:

I would enjoy Voice Pack DLC too.

I'd want this as one such thing, because I find it wonderful. Deadpool referencing it is not enough for me.

So, something like this then?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Seizure Robot posted:

Spooky is streaming UMVC3 singles right now from NEC for whoever is interested.

Everyone is using Wesker, come see whose is the best! Seriously for the last 4 matches in a row there has been a Wesker on both teams :smith:

There's a pretty cool Joe on right now. He slowed a lvl3 XF Wesker. :gbsmith:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

40 OZ posted:

the HORI Fighting Commander 3 Pro are good choices.

Is the Dpad on the Hori softer than the DS3's? My thumb just plain hurts after playing for a couple of hours.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Jamikaze posted:

I streamed on Saturday called Texas Bar Fights, and I thought I would share the videos with you guys. There were people from all over Texas who came and we got some really great play in Marvel recorded. I uploaded them to Youtube, so if you want to see some sick Zero action, check it out. We got featured on the front page of SRK, but I know some of you guys don't check that site.

Anyways, here's the grand finals match with a guy named Sam's super sick Zero. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOlBytaUgVE

That was five bazillion times more exciting than the usual matches with the usual "top tier" people playing Wesker vs Wesker.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

sleeps-chan posted:

yeah lmao, it drives me loving insane. How can these "top tier" players even be considered good when they only pick over-powered-over-used characters

Yeah, no. What I'm saying is these guys actually showed something new to watch.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Why not add that DLC everyone's been asking for, anyway? Does Capcom not like money all of a sudden?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Capcom says nothing changed, people on SRK call bullshit on that because they say apparently Turnabout Wright's XF Damage is equal to his XF3 boosts no matter what level he is in.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: gently caress Megaman Phoenix Wright.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Yeah, although it's kind of an odd one. Basically it means once Wright lands the Objection he can turn on XF and kill any character right there.

Oh, huh, I thought you meant it the other way around.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Also every time Wesker loses, he'll say it was on purpose and will come back with 5 bars and xfc restored.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Liar Lyre posted:

The wiki on SRK is a good place to check.

The forums are also good, they have five billion threads for each individual character showing combos, strategies, videos, etc.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Lucinice posted:

Well the PS3 version has better players but which has more active players online?

Probably the version for the system that's been out for years and years. Probably.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

King Dead posted:

He disconnected just as I won >:<

Congratulations, you just got your first rage quit. Maybe it's not too late for you to learn the game after all. :)

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Lucinice posted:

As someone who is crap at this game I just want to ask a few question. How do you discover who you're good at?

You either pick the guys you want to use because they look cool and you want to use them, or you watch a couple of matches and go "hey, that doesn't look too hard, I could do that."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Ybrik posted:

They said that when you ragequit your little star would get downgraded to a skull but I've never seen anything less than silver and that was only in the first week.

Your rank gets pushed down a little as well.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Does Hawkeye have any combos at all aside from his regular BnB? I can manage to do a reset with Dante's jamming, but that's about it. :(

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Nodoze posted:

You can do net and poison arrow combos with the right assists and in XF-3 you can relaunch with his forward + M twice for a million damage with the slide combo. If you play Jill or Skrull you can do some things too

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/05/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-living-legend-hawkeye-combo-video/

You can cancel S into exploding arrow? This gives me so many ideas. :aaa:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You're canceling the S into a super jump and canceling the pre-jump frames into the special move, actually.

Oh. Uhhh. So I use S, Up, then immediately DP? Sounds kinda hard to pull off.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Ant man/Giant man as playable characters while they're used for Hawkeye's level 3? Okay.

You know, this all sounds so extremely stupid that it could almost be true, since we're talking about Capcom and all.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I just heard that when you select Megaman, as soon as the match starts, he turns into Super Skrull. This is 100% true according to my uncle who works at Capcom.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

darealkooky posted:

Yeah, don't be stupid.

Any hawkeye players out there? Does he have anything better combo wise besides stuff -> ice relaunch -> poison -> super?

I never got to try it out on the field, but if you do one final OTG with f.M and then hit with the slide, you can cancel it with a THC, which means if you have a teammate with a really long super (like say, Dante) you're free to do whatever after a Gimlet. Experiment! :downs:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

bouncyman posted:

So they announced thew new Marvel game...but it's not quite the same as the "leaker" predicted it would be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM8Ga--dcAI

At least people won't complain that Megaman isn't present in the next Marvel game? :shobon:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Correnth posted:

I'd be *shocked* if they *weren't* working on some kind of update to MvC3 given how popular it's proven in the long run;

Sure it's popular, but did it sell well? That's all they really care about in the end.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Niddhogg posted:

Put this in the OP

Oh no, Dante got a Happy Birthday with the Wesker assist! :ohdear:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

KungFu Grip posted:

Both Teams are weird, you got Dante, Thor, and Phoenix Wright going against Deadpool, Wesker, and Chris. :v:

Obviously Japanese players going at it.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Maybe people would get better with Shuman if only they'd stop super jumping like retards every single time.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Waverhouse posted:

Man I try to get back into this game but then I am reminded that Zero exists and I lose my appetite.

Is the strategy against him still "Hope you hit him then burn everything to kill him in one combo"?

No, it's "use Vergil."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

MY ANIME GF posted:

Opponent picks your team for you

Activate xfactor, don't start the match until it burns out. Then fight it out using assists only.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I'd gladly enter but I don't live in the US, so depending on who I'm playing against, the lag can get pretty bad. :(

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Ybrik posted:

Guys I'm thinking about picking up M.O.D.O.K. or Thor to run on point. Please, please talk me out of it.

Why would you pick those scrubby characters when you can go Arthur on point

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Cyra posted:

I just picked this up, and I'm definitely not used to the play style compared to something like Street Fighter IV. Any tips on how to get the most of this game, or are there any good beginner's guides out there?

Watch lots of games, it'll make you understand how everything works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Here's a Hawkeye tip: don't fight Vergil with him, ever. He'll screw you up with teleports and swords. It's his worst matchup in the game.

• Locked thread