Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
No malice but that poo poo is loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
FYI Todd Barry's Crowd Work Tour special is streaming on Netflix now.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Might be US only? I haven't confirmed it for myself but I figured his official Facebook page wouldn't lie!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Oh I can't read then. Five days. Is this at all helpful information?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Irish Joe posted:

Today I learned that Tig Nataro and Bam Margera are two different people.

Pretty easy to tell. Bam is the one with boobs.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Heavy Metal posted:

Neil Hamburger in Boston this Friday night (tomorrow at Great Scott), goddamn I'm jazzed for this. The best in the biz.

His shows are so loving good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

As a fellow mic'er, there's so much advice I could give (and take) but for a first timer:

-clear the mic stand if you're going to hold the mic
-try to have a punch line or pregnant pause every 20-30 seconds
-don't apologize or make fun of the fact that you're not funny
-don't worry if no one laughs because chances are the audience is 95% comics waiting to go up

So what that means is that while you're waiting to go up you should watch the other comics and laugh at their jokes. It will make you less nervous about your set and maybe have a positive effect on the room.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Tangential but Katt Williams sucker punched a teenager and got his rear end beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYKrb1DezoM

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Ok someone explain the ASMR connection.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Chromatic posted:

Stanhope released a little from his upcoming book.

:allears:

http://app.snapapp.com/Stanhope_excerpt1

Stoked.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Weird comic is weird.

Still laughed.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Holy poo poo Chris D'Elia's special on Netflix right now is awful.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I think he spends 75% of the time either doing a lovely Cuban impression or an awful Russian impression.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The special opens with a 30+ second standing ovation. It's so loving confusing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Gulman is skinny as hell since I last saw his face on Tourgasm. Holy poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I saw Hamburger last year in Tacoma and he killed. Definitely seeing him again in July. Highly recommended.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Just now getting a chance to listen to Attell on Pete Holmes' podcast. It's really good discussion about current comedy versus club comedy, etc. Check it out.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

What lens do you watch Kinison with?

Some of his poo poo is so dumb but his stage presence is loving massive.

Like I'm watching Family Entertainment Hour and the only reason his bit about hating rap music is even half funny is because Ice T is there.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I think he died like a year after this came out. It is not good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

If you ever find yourself doing a bit that is on Dave Attell's one album, you should definitely reconsider.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Nothing is wrong with Attell. I love Attell. It just seems like a bad idea to recycle a bit he used given how huge he is.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

nerve posted:

David Cross has been doing bits about airports since the 90s. I don't think the joke in the new special is great but it's still funny.

Absolutely nothing is funnier than his bit about the creepy mural at the Seatac airport. I think it's on The Pride Is Back.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

The three times I checked out the place near me, were enough to convince me that I couldn't possibly be as horrible as more than half of the acts I saw.

You'd be surprised at how unfunny you can be. Give it a shot.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah gently caress a guy for being contrite it's clearly The Jews.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

Not really stand up but Eric Andre's live show was awesome. I think tonight was the last night of the tour but I assume he will tour again and encourage you to go

I forget who his openers all were but they were stand-up. I mean, Major Entertainer Mike H is pretty alt but the other guys were just trying to tell jokes (mostly dealing with the hecklers screaming about 311 and Harambe).

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm watching the Rogan special from The Filmore that is on Netflix and there is a guy who must be near a mic because he says "nope" to a lot of premises Rogan says and you can definitely hear him. It is my favorite part of the special.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah he had some good bits that made me laugh out loud and I appreciate that he just had a special and didn't have ten minutes of weird skit based introduction first.

His Gollum was pretty good too. poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

That simply isnt true about Patton.

Lol about that Cross bit, though. It is still so good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Megazver posted:

You're forgetting one more important theme of his. Every time I tried getting into Patton's stand-up, I'd watch the first few minutes of a special, get bored, fast-forward at random and, inevitably, the routine I'd stumble upon would be the hilarious "*fart noises* I'm faaaat *fart noises* so faaaaaaat *fart noises*".

Oh yeah. I'm forgetting this thing you didn't tell us until just now that also I don't care about. Woops.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Isn't that something Reggie would do on purpose, though? It's very much in the vein of Comedy Bang Bang too.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Powaqoatse posted:

My dad sometimes says "Hey, Rapaport!" because he hurt Walter Matthau say it in a movie once.

God. My dad does this with weird Jon Lovitz catchphrases or random Piscepo callbacks. I thought it was just him.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I doubt that myself. So there is one person.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Out of the misogyny pan and into the racism fire

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

as long as we all agree that it's a dumb theory that doesn't clear the low bar of "how would this even make sense?"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Pretty sure Jeselnik writes most of Dave's stuff these days.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/celebrities/article161645738.html

Whoa that is bizarre and sad.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Maybe people were cool with Dave making deprecating jokes about black people because he is a black person but they aren't cool with him making aggressive trans jokes because he is not a trans individual. Crazy thought.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I was watching a Kinison special on HBO and the audience shots are honestly the best loving part.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Why would you think Bill fuckin Burr would be able to accurately capture the perspective of a POC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I hadn’t heard anything of Todd Glass until I listened to his recent appearance on Comedy Bang Bang.

Observations:

1) he sounds like Lewis Black and John Gabrus slammed together.

2) his laugh is hysterical.