Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Doc Hawkins posted:

But it's not as funny when he plays good, not-especially-difficult games.

I don't know, one of my favorite episodes is Battle Golfer Yui, where he just does so incredibly well that he is clearly enjoying himself and the game and then proceeds to beat everyone who challenges him at the game as well.

It was just such a nice feeling to see Arino finally do exceptionally at a game where it's likely that many people wouldn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

JimmyBiskit posted:

In the Quest of Ki episode, did anyone else see this? (Look at Ishtar's mouth) :stare:

I noticed this immediately and came here to ask about it as well.

After watching this episode, I really want to see Arino play through the original Druaga. That game is so hard. :negative:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 13, 2011

Emalde
May 3, 2007

13/f/cali posted:

-Should Arino forget to continue and have to start the game over due to his carelessness, finish 3/4 of your drink, then refill it.

- Take a drink when the phrase "Game Over Hell" is used.

Man, the GCCX drinking game is beginning to sound dangerous. :ohdear:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Arino Interview: http://www.multiupload.com/SXCCC7FRAD

Coffee Slip! Coffee Slip! :derp:

This was a good laugh, thanks for uploading.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Flashback was okay, but the real treat was watching him decimate Championship Lode Runner.

Arino's capacity for puzzle games will never cease to amaze me :stare:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Niggurath posted:

Just that coy look and the awkwardness of this whole bit...but just that look is amazing. And all of you are amazing for the timing and subs for these videos.

I will never get tired of this. It's so great and perfectly captures the mannerisms of each AD.

:shobon: :geno:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

So that's what the ever-present female announcer looks like.

Arino was also fairly handy all by himself this episode. He really has gotten better at his job after so long. :shobon:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Even if we can't watch it live we're hoping that the fax number will get reposted all over the place when the show is on. If we keep our eyes on the appropriate places then it will appear, it can be posted to this thread, and then we can all send our faxes.

FWIW, https://faxzero.com/sendfax/Japan can send a fax created from a DOC file for $3.63. There may be better options out there though.

Reposting this for other people. I really hope we can get some of our praise to the man in Japan tonight!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

shrgnatlas posted:

Anyways, I'm glad everyone that stopped by tonight was able to get the stream to work, and I'll make sure to keep Fuji NEXT on throughout the night until they wrap things up.

Thanks for helping to provide the service. I had never seen such a ridiculously clean and smooth japanese broadcast stream before someone pointed you guys out.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

:stare:

Nice uh... mask... you've got there.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Ahaha! That Emoyan, not sleeping. What a goof! He should go shave or something. :v:

The culture behind the japanese and their workplace. :geno:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

A fireball! This wasn't part of the plan!! :derp:

I love Puzzle Chief so much.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

It's funny seeing the advert for Monster Hunter 1, knowing just what a phenomenon it became.

Also, Capcom published GTA3 in Japan? :pwn:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

zari-gani posted:

Are in-depth video interviews with Japanese game creators from the early 2000s rare?

Absolutely. They're full of extremely interesting bits of information and help paint a picture of how things may have been at the company during that time.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Oh my god Arino what are you doing you just glued like a collective $400 to a piece of paper! :supaburn:

Good episode though. There was something oddly catchy about the game over theme.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

zari-gani posted:

Sorta related, but this was sold at the same event. A handmade GCCX fan comic by Kibe, each copy signed by Kibe.

Only 300 yen! But unlike the King erasers, it did not sell out.

Further proof that nearly everyone in japan seems to have proficient artistic talent. Dude's a scriptwriter and he's making sick comics.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Shady3011 posted:

For me at least it has more to do with how much of the game he doesn't play. The AD clears 3 (4 if you count the Bottom of the Well) dungeons for him due to time restraints. These are all as adult Link. It's otherwise an okay challenge if a bit dull at times thanks in no small part to the dungeons he does tackle (Water and Shadow Temple).

Suddenly it makes sense as to why this is reportedly one of the worst challenges. That's hugely disappointing :(

Emalde
May 3, 2007

GidgetNomates posted:

Yeah, this. As-is it'd make a nice poster, but shirts give the arrow some unwanted side effects. Either ditch the arrow for the shirt or add something under it that isn't my crotch.

All you need to do is glue a Famicom to your pants. The ultimate gamer belt accessory.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

We have come full circle. It used to be the Amazon ads were based on forum memes, now they have become a meme themselves. :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

What the hell was that first segment? Just shouting Virtual Boy over and over again.

:thejoke:

Are you familiar with the virtual boy at all? You don't need a punchline, because the system itself is the punchline!
It was quite succinct, really.

Also, DAAAANCE TIME :slick:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Chococat posted:

Since these are known items please email me at ---- if you want me to grab either/both sets for you :) I'll be getting shots of the merch table when I get down there which'll be late Friday night for you USAians.

I'm definitely interested in those pins (at least 1 + 2) and other merch, how do you handle payment/shipping?

Emalde fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 21, 2012

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Damnit, I just saw this thread get bumped and wanted to get a longsleeve with my pins. :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Finally got my swag today from the Akihabara event (Thanks Chococat!), the King long-sleeve fits like a dream (I got a large and stand at 5'11") and the pins came with neat magnet clips that stick to my bag surprisingly well.

Also cooling pads. Were those from you, Chococat? :3:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

I can see why the Japanese fandom wasn't too big on these episodes, they ended up skipping alot of stuff to squeeze it all into two episodes which gives a little 'why bother' feeling to things.

Pretty much this. There were a ton of things I was looking forward to seeing Arino experience and they were completely skipped over. This is definitely the first GCCX challenge where I've felt like I was better off not watching it.

The episodes did have a fair amount of sweet music though, so there's that I guess.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Yui is my favorite challenge if only because it's one of the only games Arino has completely and utterly dominated, including the multiplayer. Arino is at his best when he's actually winning and having fun.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I'm looking for a piece of information. I can't find who did the remix of Ode to Joy that's used as the show's theme.

I've been asking about it since the first thread, I don't think anybody knows. :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Battle Golfer Yui is absolutely my favorite episode forever simply because Arino gets really good at it. He has never been that good at any other challenge, ever.

I don't know if it's because the game is just really easy or if he found his One Game, but I get so happy watching Arino just enjoy himself and actually greatly succeeding for once. :3:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I forgot something about the Metal Storm episode. This is spoilers for the first couple of minutes...

I know who ate Arino's cookies. I want you to tell me who did it. Which staffer is the dastardly cookie thief?

Zari-gani doesn't get to answer this one because I know that she knows the answer as well.

It's gotta be Suda, right? He would certainly be justified :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

zari-gani posted:

This time it's being made by G.Rev.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.rev

quote:

Senko no Ronde — (2005, NAOMI / Xbox 360)

Sold!

Too bad GCCX wont be anything like that, but I'm happy to support the dudes who have developed those titles.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Even though Yui is my favorite episode, I feel like showing it off first would eliminate the catharsis from watching him actually succeed very well at a game. 53 Stations is probably better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Game Center CX - Classic Games set to Coldplay Hits

Thanks for the effort involved from you guys.