Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Jusupov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODjJO7s

As an added bonus their videos are entertaining too.

This is a cool and interesting project and you're a bastard for not warning us that it's nowhere near complete. There are 9 episodes and it took two years for those to appear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Jusupov posted:

The lack of episode 10 until sometime in july saddened me too much to mention it.

It's really my own fault for binging through the lot in one go. C'est la vie.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
It's going to be all of those, Top Gear is now a Comedy Panel show.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Argentina conspicuously absent?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
That's why he won't help out the ones new to studio recording, he has no idea about it himself.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Things are finally looking up after Brexit.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/761580288346578944

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/761584429772963840

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/761584755632697344

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I've said this in IRC a couple of times but I can't fathom a reason they don't just give a login/pass with each year's TV license and require it to watch BBC iPlayer live TV. It is the simplest solution and wouldn't be terribly hard to implement, they could even still do blocking based on the IP's location (not UK) if they wanted.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
It's the daily mail, but: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...social-facebook

Nice one, Clarkson!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Whether I get tickets or not I'm going to make my way over to wherever the tent appears.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
How far in advance are they sending tickets out, still waiting to see if I get to go to the one at Loch Ness.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Plus aren't the restrictions on the cars in NASCAR equally as stupidly strict as in F1? So that they have to worry about all the things like "managing tire traction and the position and rotation of the whole car"

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I spoke to someone who was at the Loch Ness filming and they said they filmed stuff for two episodes there? Sounds a bit odd to me maybe they misheard.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
At no point in my life has ice cream been referred to as a thing for gay men so either it wasn't funny or I'm missing some part of the joke. Either way I wrote it off as an awkward segment to be forgotten because the GT stuff was so good.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
The american had one good joke when he said "electric ain't fer engins it fer lights and chairs" in the Honda NSX.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Shipping the stig in a wooden box will never get old.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Shrapnig posted:

Just watched the first couple episodes of the new season of Old New Old New Top Gear and I really enjoyed them. It's so much better than when Chris Evans was hosting.

The BBC poo poo-sandwiched us all!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

whodatwhere posted:

Don't know if this has already been posted here but I saw this today and can't stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P04SLlIITPI

I like to think Hammond was just observing everything he ever wanted to say about Clarkson in this clip.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Amazon just sent out emails for applying to be in the studio audience for The Grand Tour this year. Looks like the tent's only going to be in England this year, in the Cotswolds since y'know, Hammond has no knees and Clarkson has no lungs.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
The continued ripping on Hammond for blowing up cars is amazing. Maybe they'll put him back on Brainiac!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Huh, turns out there is a celebrity segment I will skip. Golf is boring.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
If you didn't laugh at "Stigfoot", and the way they mimicked the old footage of bigfoot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MICxS6kEzUA you're dead inside.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Argh, Clarkson, Hammond and May stopped off in the middle of my town and I missed it because I was asleep. Stupid night shifts.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

sean10mm posted:

I think LeBlanc was the new guy who most fully understood what made people want to watch Clarkson-era Top Gear in the first place. His main problem was that the writers sometimes seemed to slip into writing his stuff as if he wasn't in fact an American.

Not sure where they even go from here that makes anybody give a poo poo?

They're going to need another decade to build up to what they used to have.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

davebo posted:

It's a shame that it looks from the footage to be a straight racing game. I'd love a game where you have to go on some long journey in lovely vehicles that break down, and multiplayer with friends would be interesting. I didn't think the world was clamoring for another mediocre racer.

The Oregon Trail but with budget cars and childish hijinks. I'd pay for this.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
The only good joke in both parts of the special was Hammond's little stepladder to get in and out of his stupid lifted pickup.

I think I've grown bored of the rest of their schtick at this point. I'm a little sad about that.

Clarkson's sticky legs in part two were terrifying!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I'm just disappointed that they didn't have Matt go round in the reasonably fast car.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Mustache Ride posted:

They totally spent millions of dollars so they could make a seamen joke, didn't they.

AMASONpoo pooCARSHOW totally did this, yes.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I was super hungover and fell asleep probably 15 minutes in and then woke up in the last 5 minutes.

I liked the bits I saw.

I'm probably going to go back and watch the rest when I'm in a better state of being.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Deteriorata posted:

OTOH, everything was scripted in the sense that nothing happened spontaneously. The farm was just a set for the Clarkson Comedy Capers.

There's no comedy about not plowing in straight lines. That's some serious poo poo. They'll remember it forever........

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
What episode of TG did they find the roadkill cow and then asked "How do you... peel it?"

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'd be completely fine if they decided to take it easy on the stunts and races and just did something like a big cross-Europe road trip with no stakes to cap it all off. Not least because I don't actually want one of them to die filming a show :ohdear:

e: and particularly not May who judging by this episode is involved in some sort of Final Destination deal

Long Way Down but it's the Americas? Short Way Round but they just beeline for the south pole, do a donut and beast it back home?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I fell asleep at some point after they poked fun at James for missing the view of the lake, when I woke up I was wondering why they were talking about arrows and Nige had one in him.

Didn't feel like it was worth going back to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I really liked the comically long shot of the comically long train.