Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

echoplex posted:

I suspect Clarkson secretly likes those cars.

In one of his specials he refuses to drive a Noble as he says he cant do it justice being he would nitpick about the air conditioning and color of the leather, being he is so used to companies who probably spend more on designing a shift knob than the noble team spent designing the entire car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Muffinpox posted:

So I take it you've never actually listened to any BEP because she literally sings like that in a good 80% of their tracks? Also consistently wears more clothes than that video in the BEP videos? Reading this thread made it seem like Will.i.am sat there pretending to care but his interiew was pretty interesting, I'd say it was just average at worst.
But we know who this guy is, we can finally complain as we have a point of reference.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

3 posted:

Frankly, the SIARPC didn't really bother me as much as the fact that they somehow forgot to mention Ratzenberger in their Imola casualty montage :smith:

We can't do that as it would detract from Senna.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Crankit posted:

The bad part for me is Clarkson fawning over the guests and asking about their family lives or whatever it is they talk about, I always skip the talking and go to the lap (on iplayer). Having a Celeb talk about cars they've owned and going straight to the lap wouldn't be too bad, and then a mention of "And William has a new book about car design in all good bookstores".

Although I thought the car was pretty hideous the fact that William is trying to do some good with his money makes him one of the few decent famous people I'm aware of. I know people are lambasting it for being a Delorean with a body kit, but that was just a prototyping shortcut right; surely he can't hope to have company convert the 4 remaining Deloreans into whatever that was.

When you say Willson, you don't mean... Quentin Willson do you? I thought he'd gone to Fifth Gear years ago?

There are thousands of unassembled delorians including their terrible engine in California, warehouses full of parts when the company went bust.

Buy a "new" delorians for around 20k.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

This is a moment that at least to me comes off as scripted. If there is one place in the US that knows everyone in Top Gear, it's a NASCAR event.

I just moved from California to middle America, and you are so wrong. I asked a co-worker who was a NASCAR fan and he wondered if it was a copy of the history channel show.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

uPen posted:

Nothing it's just a lovely building with weird bricks.

What about that dude on the right side of the gap where you see the car being made of a perfectly straight line?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Why were the lights on the ff flashing? It wasn't just the slo-mo shots or I would have thought it was pwm brightness controls.

Also, I'm in literal awe of the ferrari 4wd system, pointless, expensive & complicated but somehow amazing.

The lights on ferraris flash when there's is sudden deceleration like hazards.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Did anyone read what I wrote? :psyduck:

It's just hazard lights when accelerating or braking past a certain rate right? Not some fancy science dick waving explanation.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

Hard to compress this one down enough, but

e: Aaaand part two

No way I can fit the really long one in under 2 megs :(

"Clarkson"'s power slide in the vett was more impressive.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

haha, good eyes
I'm blind, explain.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Jut posted:

No, they recycled the first segment from a Top Gear DVD and the SAAB was a low budget, quick and dirty tribute. I think they must be having real budget problems if they are rehashing old material.

Going to India is expensive.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Against all odds, yes it did.

And I think he did say it has an MX-5 transmission. RWD it is, then.

It may just had the back wheel let go from lack of traction.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Oh Finns, you're so bad at interviews

That interview quells all "get someone who knows about cars" arguments.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
But Oliver was in the big rig challenge.

:confused:

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Clarkson will probably be in the Ferrari FF. Isn't that the latest greatest GT car?

They would never race a Ferrari in one of these long distance super races as it would lose every time to reliability and having to stop every 15 minutes to refuel.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I'm going to say the thousand dollar car in the south. It's less about the cars and more about the relationship they forge with them.

Not to mention it does not feel too scripted and really gives the impression it's just some friends hanging out.

Ok I'm blocking out the cow.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

webmeister posted:

I was going to mention it, but I think that special was let down by such a weak second part. The first part was amazing, and I remember getting really excited for the second part, but it was just a complete and utter letdown.

The first 5 min of the second half of the Nile special made me pee my pants laughing. That whole "things got a lite crazy last night but everything is ok now" followed by the cars all have pieces from each other is the perfect delivery.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

xsf421 posted:

I assumed they were counting on it causing some sort of massive breakdown.

It actually works amazingly well but the radiator has to be hot.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Rudager posted:

Probably would be fine for temporary patches to tiny, tiny pinhole leaks, but anything bigger and you're relying on an egg to not pop straight out when the system heats up and pressurizes.

I've seen multiple quarter inch size holes be fixed in a pinch with some raw eggs. Is it permanent? No, but protein is an amazing glue and the structure of a radiator lets it grip really well. You could probably get a few hundred miles of highway driving out of an egg fix.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I liked the season and all but it cant be over, there was no P1 or 918 on the track.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

I like the fact that the shop monkeys who are supposed to be working on this thing are incredulous about the whole procedure.

edit: Oh poo poo, that's the sales team that's laughing at it.

edit: Also "I'm not selling this car!" "You don't have to, it sells itself"

My favorite was when the guy doing the demo said "The only time the hood will ever be up is when it is in the shop".

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I dont understand, who is Clarkson regenerating into? I hope its not Peter Capaldi.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

PT6A posted:

I'd say yes, you should bitch to your landlord.

Also, I just remembered the awesome meat pounder I got for Christmas. I bet it could mash potatoes in a pinch.

Go get a bread kneader, great tool for mashing potatoes and guacamole.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

meatpimp posted:

This has been hashed and rehashed. Guy was a little bitch for not doing his job, arguing with the boss, and running to the hospital for a split lip delivered from an out-of-shape, 55 year old man. To try to get money because his lineage was disparaded is simply another bitch move.

I'm pretty sure your opinion of this guy and the acceptance of being punched in the face by your drunk boss for screwing up would be completely different if top gear was not canceled due to the incident.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

InitialDave posted:

*shrug* I'm a lot bigger than my boss. I'll take my chances.

So let's say the producer hit was a 90lb woman, as long as the boss goes says sorry to HR everything is fine.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Guys I have not smiled once... how can something be so joyless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Why do they keep thinking this a car show?