Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I would like a 360 but i think the cut off at the bottom would drive my ocd rear end bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
If i gotta do something more than look at it then i might as well get my phone out.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

hotsauce posted:

Damnit. Just waltzed into a Best Buy and bought the last black 360 they had. I don't even want it that much...tempted to flip on Swappa, but that's too much hassle.

Here we go!

Edit: it's got a dead green pixel. Yay!

Edit again: Taking the band off every single night will get old, fast. I know, you do that with any Android Wear watch, but this band is finicky and hard to remove for some reason. If I do keep it, time to find a metal band with a quick release clasp.

This is good. It means a price drop and updated model will release soon.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

kitten smoothie posted:

Motorola pushed an update to the Moto Connect app for the 2013/2014 phones to add Moto 360 integration, and they've gone totally amateur hour with it.

If you pair an Android Wear device, regardless of make/model, to a Motorola phone, the phone assumes the Wear device is a 360 and uploads the Motorola watchfaces and apps to it.

Oh yeah, in addition to cluttering up the watch, it will crash your watch if you should mistakenly use any of them.

Why would you buy an android wear device that isn't a 360 though?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Since bestbuy is no longer selling amazon gift cards it seems moto 360's are the best way to convert gift cards to cash.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I expect it to be $299 at release.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Moto360 displays are at bestbuy. Tried one on. They are.. big, but comfortable.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Super Dude posted:

Are they in stock for purchase?

No. the spots for them were all empty, but they had 2 on tethers so you could actually put them on. They were charged up and you could play with it also. The leather straps are really comfy.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

Best Buy says in-store pickup for the 360 in 3-5 days, but the add to cart button refuses to actually add it to my cart. Anyone able to get this to work?

No, its broken or turned off.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

None of them are truly waterproof. I wouldn't swim in one.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Mustache Ride posted:

I'm not, the 360 looks much better than the LG watch when they're side by side.

I got an email from Motorola asking if I wanted to refund my purchase because they put the wrong colors on the order page last Friday.

Wish the moto had gone oled.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Radbot posted:

Isn't OLED impossible to see in bright daylight compared to IPS LCD?

Depends on the brightness.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Hughmoris posted:

Vague question here but is the Motorola Hint something to be excited about? I've never used a bluetooth headset before but I've been thinking about picking one up lately, maybe with the new Moto X.

How much do you want everyone to hate you?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The official bb launch isn't until the 14th

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Don't forget you only get 15 days for the inevitable return unless you are elite.

I would wait for more people to follow sony and use transflective displays. A transflective display would mean they could pretty much turn the backlight off completely in sunlight and save massive battery.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ilkhan posted:

My 360 is getting returned. No major issues, and battery is fine for me, I just don't love it and have better things to spend the $250 on. It would be the full $250 and I'll cover shipping (which is what Id get for the return). The watch itself is pristine. Is it worth throwing up an s-mart thread?

Do you accept best buy movers guide coupons?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Three Olives posted:

I mean at this point all Motorola has to do is put an OLED display and a Snapdragon chip in the Moto 360 and you get to blame anything lovely on Google's platform.

I don't understand why they turned something so interesting into crippled poo poo, let's forget the apparently lovely LCD for a second, if they just spent what a few dollars more per chip they could have been using a faster processor that at the same time has better battery life? Strip the useless heart rate sensor and QI charging to cut costs, don't cut corners on the stuff makes it even functional in the first place.

All the moto 360 needs now is MORE burn in

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ilkhan posted:

This is true. They took a brand that lived on durability and unwillingness to compromise and consumerized it by doing just those things.

They didn't buy IBM's consumer pc business to continue losing money like ibm.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

bull3964 posted:

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/25/motorola-just-randomly-released-the-moto-360-in-stone-at-best-buy/

Looks like they retired the grey band for some reason and have changed it to stone which is slightly lighter.

And that's currently in stock at BestBuy.com

I managed to order (finally) and should arrive by Tuesday.

The dark gray band was always supposed to be limited edition.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Radbot posted:

Wouldn't the 360 get Wear 2.0 anyways?

I'm considering selling mine, I've worn it for about a week but otherwise it looks perfect. It's the grey leather version. Anyone here want it for $250+shipping? I'd provide you pics, etc. of course.

I think all of them are getting wear 2.0

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Hughmoris posted:

Anyone else excited for the Samsung Gear VR or do you think it will be a gimmick? I haven't had a chance to try any of the VR stuff since the Virtual Boy (:rip:).

For the price of the Gear VR you can get a google cardboard and a used Nexus 5 to go in it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Asus zenwatch $199. Available sunday.

http://www.slashgear.com/asus-zenwatch-hits-best-buy-stores-november-9-07354508/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Was wondering how the oled watches avoid burn in. Looks like they are using pixel orbiting ~11s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF13IRZRnmQ

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I guess nobody informed bestbuy that they were launching the asus watch today?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

mango sentinel posted:

Holy poo poo I miss Service Merchandise. I thought that place was so cool as a kid.

In TN there is still a Service jewerly and repair which grew out of Service Merchandise when they went out of business. Even uses a very similar logo.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

smackfu posted:

I thought Service Merchandise had stock on hand, it was just all in the warehouse.

There is a pretty good wiki on the ordering process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_Merchandise

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

I've had the Microsoft band for about a week now and I really love the thing. The only complaint I have is that I wish the battery life were better and that the app displayed more of the data that the band collects.

Poor battery and doesn't show data it collects

9 out of 10

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

That charging cable is going to be so easy to replace after microsoft sells dozens of these and cancels it in 6m.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Spaced God posted:

I'm looking for a watch for Christmas. I love the look of the 360, but I hear the battery life isn't that good and it has screen door effects. Anyone with one for their opinion?

Look at the asus zenwatch

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Mortanis posted:

I don't need to see the screen unless I'm looking at it.

Which the phone only does if you flick your wrist properly or tap it. When you are driving or something and glance at your watch it will probably be off.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The G watch is apparently invisible in sunlight, dont know how much that applies to you.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Pebble steel is $119 right now at bestbuy if you have access to a .edu email.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

It says you can reply also on their site?!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

TollTheHounds posted:

I'm not sure if this is the best thread for this but is anyone aware of boxing day/post-xmas sales on Android Wear devices? I finally have the spare $$'s to treat myself but after the $80-100 spree of G Watch sales on Black Friday, I'm hesitant to drop cash on something at the immediate moment ( even if I can find G Watches for $130 on Amazon ). It's probably too early for retailers to be advertising those types of sales since they want to get the most they can out of people buying xmas presents, but you never know!

Newegg just had the gwatch for $79.99 again yesterday. Setup a slickdeals alert or something.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Glad i got the metal band for the pebble. Not having to worry about water is a godsend

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Protocol7 posted:

Speaking of bands, where the hell do I get one for the G Watch that's stainless steel, has a deployment clasp with buttons, and isn't $100?

Its just 22mm right?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=22mm+metal+band

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

I got a Pebble as a gift and I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep it or not. I don't really need a smart watch, all I would be interested in is checking notifications and messages, control of Google Music/Amazon music/Spotify, Google now updates, and turn by turn directions.

It sounds like the first three I can setup with Pebble, but the last one I would prefer if it could show me a map and not just the instruction. I could probably live without it since I got a car mount for my phone though. Is there any Google Wear killer app I'd be missing out on?

You will miss out on daily charging.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I thought if you were wealthy enough in the rest of the world you still bought private healthcare.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

bull3964 posted:

They are eleventybillion times cheaper.

$35 vs $80

I love my 360 but I'm going to have to RMA it at some point. I got the stress cracks in the back around the corners of the band attachment. They are replacing them no questions asked, but I'm waiting for a bit to see if they actually made any changes in the construction to beef them up.

They don't impact performance, don't dig into my skin and aren't getting any worse. I still want them fixed though because a $250 product shouldn't have issues like that.

Pebble steel band is only $19.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

bull3964 posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Pebble-Steel-...asin=B00L8C818C

Looks like only the black is and only from amazon. Stainless steel is $39.99 from amazon and $34.99 from best buy.

Both show $19.99 from amazon. "Vadget" has it for $39.99 on amazon but that is not amazon.

Amazon is simply out of stock on the silver right now. You can also PM amazon at bestbuy so hope you didn't pay $34.99 for yours.