Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Ola posted:

Yeah, EV charging spots has somehow turned into "VIP parking for smug envirojerks". One way to plan around this is to always have the charging spots as far away from the main entrance as possible.

I wonder how many people would consider one of those really short range PHEVs like the Prius or big SUVs that Audi/Mercedes/Porsche do just to use those parks. I mean they’re technically plugins after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

drgitlin posted:

I am at a loss as to how so many of those get sold, other than massive discounts and easy financing. The Mazda CX-5 is better in every way I can think of, and the MSRP is cheaper.

The Xtrail has seven seats right? It's also larger than the Mazda

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I don't think it's going to make a lot of difference on a Leaf - either way you're going to get degradation.

There are a large number of earlier Leafs coming into New Zealand and many of them have 7 or 8 bars left at 5-6 years old and 50,000km

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Charles posted:

Mazda is partnered with Toyota so their hybrid / EV tech will probably come from them.

There is a hybrid 3 in Japan. Sedan only though which somewhat limits the appeal.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Beffer posted:

Isn’t the Kona much smaller? I thought it was an SUV built on the i30 base.

I’ve never seen a model 3 (much less a Y) but if the Y is built on the 3 base isn’t that considerably bigger. Larger than a BMW3 series?

Yeah the Kona is tiny - it's larger than the Honda Fit my mum was cross-shopping it against earlier in the year but a full 100mm shorter than a Mazda CX-3

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Cockmaster posted:

So... maybe not the best choice for someone looking for the cargo space of a crossover?

And most of the other electric crossovers I've heard about are coming from luxury brands. Nissan has one planned for around 2020, but it's going to be built on the Leaf chassis, so it may not end up much bigger than the Kona.

Crossovers have never been about cargo space - you can almost always get more in the equivalent hatch or wagon.

But yeah the Kona is on the small side even as a small Crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

As someone who has had a couple of black cars I'd definitely pay $1500 to get some other colour

• Locked thread