Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's really good and there's a ton of fight scenes with wild setpieces that I hope they go the gently caress off with in the adaptation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You know what, I think this direction for Invader Zim sucks

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

CelticPredator posted:

You know what, I think this direction for Invader Zim sucks

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Waffleman_ posted:

It's Dandadan, a series coming this fall about a girl who believes in ghosts and a guy who believes in aliens (they are both right).

I read a few of the manga and tbf there was a fair amount of running away

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I read a few of the manga and tbf there was a fair amount of running away

Finally The Guy N. Smith adaptation we've all been waiting for

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

It's Dandadan, a series coming this fall about a girl who believes in ghosts and a guy who believes in aliens (they are both right).

its also being animated by science saru, who are behind keep your hands off eizouken, devilman crybaby, tatami galaxy, scott pilgrim, and others

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

I have read this book and it is unforgettable.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

And if any of you guys haven't seen Keep Your Hands of Eizouken yet, get on that. It's the most joyous celebration of creating art I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1xAzPlh4i0

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yea it's great!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, between Scott Pilgrim and what we're seeing of Dandadan, it looks like Science Saru is gonna be doing just fine while Yuasa is on his sabbatical.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/OfficialAcolyte/status/1769755762782507090?t=mQK0B9eln7YATJrwDrSOhw&s=19

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What is this about? I see it's a Star Wars thing for Disney+, but like what's the story? I hadn't heard of it before I saw this poster.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

As someone who's at least somewhat above average interested in all this new Star Wars shiz, that is incredibly unexciting.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 18, 2024

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rageaholic posted:

What is this about? I see it's a Star Wars thing for Disney+, but like what's the story? I hadn't heard of it before I saw this poster.
It's set in the SW past, at a point where the Jedi were at their height and the Sith had pretty much been wiped out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jude Law has to take care of a bunch of kids.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's set during the High Republic, which is a few hundred years before the movies, and I believe the series is going to deal with the resurgence of the Sith into the order they became as we know them

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's set in the SW past, at a point where the Jedi were at their height and the Sith had pretty much been wiped out.

So the Prequels.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

So the Prequels.

The general idea is that the prequels take place when the republic had kinda ossified and the Jedi had (at least before the war) withdrawn themselves and gotten less involved and mostly just sat around in the temple. The High Republic is meant to be when the civilisation is at its best and the Jedi are actively out there doing all the poo poo that made them legendary and helping people, during an age of exploration and discovery. The look of the era is a little less commodified and mass-produced and a little more bespoke and grand-feeling.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 18, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also when the Republic is beginning to spread out into the planets on the Outer Rim

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

MikeJF posted:

The general idea is that the prequels take place when the republic had kinda ossified and the Jedi had (at least before the war) withdrawn themselves and gotten less involved and mostly just sat around in the temple. The High Republic is meant to be when the civilisation is at its best and the Jedi are actively out there doing all the poo poo that made them legendary and helping people, during an age of exploration and discovery. The look of the era is a little less commodified and mass-produced and a little more bespoke and grand-feeling.

lol that they had to go back into the past to find a new setting where Jedi were fun because the sequel trilogy just had them all murdered again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've been making my way through the High Republic books and they're pretty good.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vintersorg posted:

Jude Law has to take care of a bunch of kids.

That's another show, Skeleton Crew.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Knights of the old republic (the comic) is pretty fun. It’s also set in an era where there are a lot of Jedi running around and follows a dude who is rear end at the force and is falsely accused of murdering his friends. So he becomes a conman

They should make that a show

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I told you before! It’s not a butt plug!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nihonniboku posted:

That's another show, Skeleton Crew.

Oh, poo poo - got my stuff twisted.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

I told you before! It’s not a butt plug!!

Not with that attitude

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Idk. I see stuff and am nervous about it. The only movie like that that has worked for me was PG.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Get out of here, Stalker

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Waffleman_ posted:

It's set during the High Republic, which is a few hundred years before the movies, and I believe the series is going to deal with the resurgence of the Sith into the order they became as we know them

Cant wait to see how disney shoehorn a skywalker reference into the show somehow

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
“Shoehorn a Skywalker” sounds like a sex thing.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Waffleman_ posted:

into the order they became as we know them

Uh, do we know anything about the sith? The movies had like 5 total, two of which die almost as soon as they're introduced. Without diving too deep into extended lore, I don't know anything about a Sith order the way we see a Jedi order. I don't even know if the Jedi genocided them all or what.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Sith, in the olden times of the Republic, were rogue Jedi who broke off in a great schism from the Jedi (after deciding that the Light side was weak and the dark nature of the Force was the key to salvation), and they set up shop with their own Sith Order on the planet Korriban.

Eventually, 99.9% of them were killed through generations of wars waged unsuccessfully against the Jedi and the Old Republic.

They were reformed by Darth Bane, a survivor of the Sith wars, who instituted the Rule of Two (only two Sith could exist at any time; a master and apprentice). This was how the Sith operated in the shadows for a millenium, all the way up to Vader and Palpatine.

Order 66 was the endgame of the millenium-long vengeance plan against the Jedi.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pope Corky the IX posted:

“Shoehorn a Skywalker” sounds like a sex thing.

does it?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Cant wait to see how disney shoehorn a skywalker reference into the show somehow

"Hey, did anyone notice comms are down?"
"We have Gorto on it. He's climbing the tower right now."
"Gorto? Haha, oh man, this'll take forever. Whoever heard of a comms tech afraid of heights?"
"You don't need to be so cruel. All that 'master sky walker' stuff."
"Whatever, man. What's he gonna do, have a long and storied bloodline about it?"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lol get a load of this puritan who has never shoehorned a Skywalker.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Neat! https://www.moviepostersperfected.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

GrandpaPants posted:

Uh, do we know anything about the sith? The movies had like 5 total, two of which die almost as soon as they're introduced. Without diving too deep into extended lore, I don't know anything about a Sith order the way we see a Jedi order. I don't even know if the Jedi genocided them all or what.

Pretty much the only thing we can get from the films is the strong implication that they ruled openly rather than from behind the scenes.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 19, 2024