Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
The official poster for the Angry Video Game Nerd movie.

Appropriately, it's a load of motherfucking diarrhea dog poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Peanut President posted:

I'm 99% sure that nothing on that poster happens. It's actually a simple story about a man finding out who he is as he travels out west to dig up the buried E.T. Atari cartridges. (I hope)

Have you seen the trailer? Lots of stuff from the poster is in it. Like one of the posters above said, its needlessly complicated and way too grand in scale for the subject matter.

PriorMarcus posted:

Who loving cares? He should've pissed away his time doing literally anything else.

The only reaction anyone should have to hearing that a person dedicated 2 years of their existence to poo poo like this is thanking God that they aren't delusional and mentally simple enough to have done so themselves.

Yeah, gently caress him for realizing his dream to make a feature film. What a waste of time making a movie with the $300,000 his massive legion of fans donated to him. What a loser hiring a professional crew, actors, shooting on location, and personally working on all of the writing, editing and effects.

You can say the movie looks like poo poo (it does) but criticizing James Rolfe for wanting to make it is completely loving retarded. He has a very successful career based almost solely on this character, making a full movie and putting massive amounts of time, effort and passion into it is more than most of us will ever accomplish.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

zenintrude posted:

I'll see you and raise you...

Unfortunately, you've missed your opportunity to see it on the big screen but that doesn't matter much because it's available on YouTube for free.

Enjoy?

I love Ashens, I've seen all of his videos dozens of times, but that movie was pretty bad too. Every one of these "reviewer" movies is exactly the same, the reviewer has to take on an epic quest to review the ultimate thing and it never works. I haven't seen Kickassia (and I never will) but I assume its the same basic thing but with more circlejerking. Ashens is really clever and funny but not in a scripted format and it didn't help that every actor (including Warwick Davis) was just as bad or worse.

The poster sucks too, but that's obvious.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Is the nerdy glasses girl supposed to be a romantic lead? For some reason that irks me. I don't know why. It just feels like something someone who knows nothing about video game/nerd culture would develop for the movie instead of something Rolfe would want. But hey maybe Rolfe wrote that character.

I dont think she is, at least I haven't seen anything to suggest it. If AVGN were a true Internet nerd he would awkwardly hit on her the whole movie only to be put in the "friend zone" at the end. Then he would call her a whore.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Edit: Gonna let it die

Ez fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 14, 2013

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Young Freud posted:

What happens when the family mut breaks into the fashion business? Doggy Style!

She gives discipline a whole new meaning! Some Like it Ruff (directed by Werner Herzdog)

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Gonz posted:

Incredible.

Incredible.

Wow, somebody is going to be VERY disappointed.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

High Warlord Zog posted:

A Chinese theatre liked the above fan edit so much that they decided to turn it into an actual poster.

I would totally watch a romantic comedy about Thor and Loki.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Forgall posted:

They are brothers you sicko.

Things are different in Asgard, they're a different culture. Check your Earth privilege.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Box offices can be really snobby and wont sell you a ticket unless you get the pronunciation exactly correct.

I'll always regret not being able to see Koyaanisqatsi on the big screen.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I can't wait to see Adventures the 7 of Sinbad.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

That's the first thing I thought of too. I wonder if any goons actually saw that movie and if it's as bad as I imagine it is.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Alhazred posted:

This isn't as surprising as you might think: :nws:http://i.imgur.com/PGOAvbF.jpg:nws:

He's nearly naked in the new Thor movie too. Dude just likes to be nude.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Dick Cox, what a name!

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Yeah, now I'm definitely not going to. What reviews I've heard haven't been good, and I'm just fine sticking with the original. When Spike speaks out about artistic integrity, I'll have to remind myself that he's only talking about his own art, screw everyone else

I was planning on seeing it this weekend but now I don't think I will. gently caress that prick.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

No no no, weren't any of you paying attention at all? The third villain is clearly Maggie Gyllenhaal. She killed Katie Holmes' character and stole her identity. I can't believe everybody missed that.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

I can't believe you guys haven't heard of my favourite, Spider-man villain, The Butler!!!

They recently gave him his own spinoff sequel and it was so confusing. They didn't even mention Spiderman once!

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Nothing says laughter like Jim Belushi standing perfectly still with his hands in his pockets.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I dunno, I was glad to see him in this context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIcExdpsEcQ

Oh my god I have to see this movie right loving now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Planet of the Apes 2: Goin' Bananas