Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Professor Clumsy posted:

I have no idea what this is supposed to be telling me about this character or this film.

He has the lost, missing dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Does he though?

He does.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Prons posted:

This poster looks really good.... too bad it's a remake of Carrie. :(
Why can't a remake of Carrie be excellent.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I don't know where this post came from

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Mission Impossible 4 is excellent and Jeremy Renner is excellent in it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lobok posted:

The Wicked Witch's pose really reminds me of Black Widow posing for the Avengers. Someone's gotta be showing T&A.
But she's viewed in silhouette from the side and she's gaunt as hell, you can see neither T nor A.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lobok posted:

Silhouette? I can see the sheen on her leather.

Come on dude. You think these two images are aesthetically similar?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

It's pretty clearly a slightly toned down boobs-and-butt pose.

If it's a "boobs-and-butt pose" it's so toned down that you can see neither her boobs, nor her butt. Photographers tend to call this pose "from the side."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Christ, I've never been a big fan of those posters but they aren't terrible garbage for stupid idiots. They're still a thousand times better than most Hollywood posters.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Physical posted:

Drive: Tokyo Drift

e: Err uh, Drive: Bangkok Drift?

What joke are you trying to make here?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

So iTunes Trailers has been loving up a lot recently and pissing everybody off. They screwed up our Beautiful Creatures debut but nowhere near as bad as this....

That uh...that's not Vince Vaughn.

How'd you like to be Joshua Jackson's agent or publicist right about now? You'd have to drop a hammer on somebody.
For what it's worth, I'll probably never see a movie with Joshua Jackson's name on the poster, so if it weren't for his big stupid face they might have fooled me.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

I had to look up if that was a fake poster but it's not, the movie's coming out next year and from what I can gather it's like a direct sequel to the first Planet of the Apes, just without the apes.

Still, it should be visually interesting since it's Kosinski and chances are Tom Cruise will run in it. Actually, was that one crazy still of him running in some kind of robot exoskeleton from this movie?
That still was from All You Need Is Kill, a Groundhog-Day-Meets-Starship-Troopers scifi movie he's in next year.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Get over yourself, holy poo poo.

M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth" w/ little Jaden photoshopped up at the top and not blended in at all.

Hahaha yes YESS this will be a masterpiece of modern art.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

It's not new. It's been happening since this poster:

Those are both just a slight variation on it.

ManifunkDestiny posted:

So, I think I found a new trend in movie posters....

You guys really think Standing In Front of Something is a design trend and not a fundamental aesthetic basis?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm

pretty sure

it's a

current trend.

It's not new, but it's definitely become popular over the last few years to have a character with their back to the viewer looking at something on your movies poster.

Something else I noticed: All of the titles on these posters are centered, and towards the bottom. Possible new trend in poster design?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Not at all. It was because of Tim Burton, and college kids wanting to do drugs and go and see it. Also Hot Topic.
As a college kid, the only reason I was on drugs when I saw it was because I knew it was garbage and couldn't bear to see it otherwise

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Honestly I can't think of a more perfect director for a 3D Gatsby movie than Baz. It's like every movie he's made has been leading up to this.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

The Host wasn't even released theatrically in America dude. Joe Public has never heard of The Host so I would put the name of his most critically acclaimed film on posters for his future films.
Yeah it was. I saw it in a theater in Bumfuck, S.C. with my mom and she loved it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Actually...

Alien, a Pac-Man-clone licensed by 20th Century Fox.

Also, if you can't see the ventilation scene in Alien, complete with the motion tracker panel showing Dallas and the alien as blips in a maze, as anything but a precursor to Pac-Man, then I can't really help you.
In any case, that poster is garbage.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Hehe Phantasm... :3:
This movie is out on VOD right now.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A lotta dudes are gonna be happy to get more information about how the first one ended, but drat I thought it had a perfect ending so this annoys me.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Parking seems like a waste of The Transporter's skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nOxdKcqC_I

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

I have no idea why they didn't just directly adapt the awesome Parker comics.

Period pieces must do poo poo enough not to think of bothering anymore.

Hmm, looks familiar. :nws: http://i.imgur.com/QNY2d.jpg :nws: (Marv and Goldie from Sin City)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I'm eagerly awaiting the Jurassic Park fan poster that's just a cheap drawing of a dude holding onto his butt.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

homerlaw posted:

By Michele Rosenthal

Chaosreigns.gif

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Kiimo, when I saw the Bullet to the Head trailer, I noticed that there were a lot of shots of Stallone posing and pointing guns at things, but unlike the trailer for The Last Stand, he was pretty much always either sitting or standing still. For this reason I suspect Sly does little to no actual action in the movie. Did you intentionally give me this impression? Royal "you."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Android Bicyclist posted:

Stallone is in The Last Stand? Are you sure you're not mistaking him for Arnold Schwarzenneger? I know it's easy to mix the two up.

I'm saying Schwarzenegger is a lot more dynamic and active in his trailer, even if he's a little stiff.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
It's also impressive how accurate Winkler and Keaton's faces are on that poster.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Did they splice Jaws with a hammerhead?

Edit: Consulting the original poster, it seems that bath-house one just did a really poo poo job rendering the shark.

I'm guessing the bath-house poster is some graphic design student's weak as hell project. C+, the textures are good and I like the title font.

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 17, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Mondo actually already has a better Jaws poster, from 2006:

Other really good posters from Mondo, since everyone has a hate boner for them:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

As the 80's rebirth winds down to its final death throes, it grieves me deeply that the painted poster, this style in particular, never had its resurgence.

Goodnight skimpy babes clutching the shins of sexy men with awesome chiseled bods. You were too beautiful for this world.

:qq: :qq: :qq:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The Jaws one has lots to do with the film, just nothing to do with the shark. Jaws is as much about Amity Island as it is the Great White who terrorizes it.

I'd argue it has more to do with Amity than the shark.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

kiimo, knowing who the 'client' probably is (Stallone), you should never feel bad about those posters. This is the guy who tried to get an author to remove his name from a novel that a movie he starred in was loosely based on, so that he could claim sole credit for the concept.

muscles like this? posted:

Which one was that?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

This is the best one.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wank posted:

And a over-athletic President whose only skill seems to be his image and the way he communicates. We are a long way off from the world of Idiocracy.

He's also like Obama because he's black

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Hopefully it will be a found footage Funny Games and divide CineD horror fans into warring factions.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

This movie didn't have a great poster campaign, but it was at least better than this..

Did Sam Rockwell's character design this poster?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Is this a prequel to Point Break?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Avril Lavigne posted:

I challenge anyone to find a worse minimalist fan-made poster than this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
No, it's the flaming tracks the car makes in the air when it spins to the 1800s after being struck by lightning at the end of the second movie.