Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Bert of the Forest posted:

This isn't a poster per se, but I passed by this the other day and it struck me as particularly off-putting:

Something about the collection of off-model characters coupled with that creepy almost seductive expression from the little girl was just very jarring to me. The rest of the composition ain't terrible or anything, but man, whose idea was it to give the little girl the Jessica Rabbit eyes?

This is looking extra weird to everyone because it's trying to ape the colors and look of a Disney Blu-Ray, almost specifically the "Princess and the Frog" DVD cover. The way they're centered and colored the logo....and put the alligator on it. This isn't a Disney movie. Of course, Gramma probably doesn't know that.

http://images4.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/10824_slip.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

fatherboxx posted:

Yeah who the hell is Alden Ehrenreich

he was in that terrible movie adaption of that terrible YA novel, Beautiful Creatures. That's all I recognize him from. He's really funny in the trailer though?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

their suits also look super different and far less busy (and frankly, more like they do in the tv show) here. Do you think this is some "final form" for them, or merely a simplification so they'll love better as small figures on the poster? Because I much prefer these designs. Brighter and simpler, definitely redesigned, but still read as "power rangers."

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

great concept that quickly explains the weird premise of the movie....but either her jacket should be lighter or the monster lighter, because on first glance, they blend together...

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Silly names or not, the "Into The Spider-Verse" soundtrack is really fun and energetic and super appropriate for the movie and I've been having fun blasting it since I saw the film.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The movie looks like nothing I've ever seen before. It's truly something to behold. Y'all should watch it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Costume looks kinda New Gods-y. I dig.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

flatluigi posted:

which one of them is doogal

Jimmy Fallon, and I wish this wasn’t information my brain was holding onto.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
You’re all crazy that loving rules

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah it’s just a friend knowingly aping another friend. The point is it’s supposed to FEEL explicitly like a QT film until the vamp twist.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

feedmyleg posted:

Who would play a good Adam West-style Batman in a modern reboot?

Hamm jumps to mind, naturally, but I'm sure there are better options out there who aren't pushing 50.

Beck Bennett

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
How old do y’all think Diedrich Bader is? Also, he already played a 60s style Batman in animation!!!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

FilthyImp posted:

I hear Sony's releasing an extended cut this week. They're calling it Morbius: The Bat Man.

They’re calling it More-bius

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Everytime those come up I want to buy them so badly but they’re SO expensive everywhere online.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Released as standalone movies in Italy

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Robert Davi is a great character actor. So loving funny in Die Hard. Oh well.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Fartington Butts posted:

A lovingly animated clenched Mario rear end.

Hank Hill’s rear end-looking rear end Mario rear end

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Aphrodite posted:

(Jack Black was the Chris Pratt of like 2001-2010 though.)

Unbelievably bad take

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
This movie about to make so much money. I work with kids and it’s all I’ve heard them talk about for months now. They’re positively vibrating for this thing. Truly a genius idea to make it an old-fashioned super long advertising campaign. It’s like when Disney used to tell you a new animated film was coming in a like a year.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Last Voyage of the Demeter looks like a perfect second-run theater movie. Probably won’t be great, but looks fun enough for like $10. Too bad we have no second run theaters here so I’ll probably spend $30 on it because I’m a simp for Dracula.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Blade should not have to pay taxes

Agreed

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES