Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's actually another poster for Red Tails. Not exactly terrible, but floating heads :suicide:

And this is how I discovered that there was another poster:

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What's with the lighting though? Note the highlights on the gun and buttons on the sleeve. Did they make two shots of some guy in a suit light from two directions specifically to be later used like this? Or did someone go over every shiny object and drew in different specular highlights? :psyduck:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That Big Trouble in Little China poster is poo poo, and I don't particularly like Tyler's one either -- too few colors, too much detail, not good.

I guess what I'm saying is that everything sucks compared to these:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, that one looks messed up in some other subtle ways. Here's a huge one which seems to be correct though:
http://i.imgur.com/45RBg.jpg

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maarak posted:

Remember when they used to make music video tie ins?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvYEdmW47gQ

It's a shame that John Carpenter and the Coup De Villes never made one for The Thing.

Continuing the 80s theme,

and the corresponding music video tie in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf4x36XKhsM

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of bullets in heads, this was a great movie that never got a poster it deserved, IMO.

First, there's this new dvd cover, which is clean and easy enough on the eye, but tells nothing about the movie and in fact makes it look like a generic gangster flick:

This one looks like a VHS cover, but despite conveying a different theme, it's too busy and generally ugly

Rambo: Hong Kong

This Thai poster manages to cram everything important in it, but I think it mostly makes it work while looking pretty nice:

And this final one is probably one of my favorites along with the previous one. There are helicopters, explosions, and a Mexican standoff!

And then, there's this:

:stare:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Did somebody say GBS 2.1 doesn't work for Photoshop threads?

Yeah.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582015&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is that the one where Michael Shannon goes nuts?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Reminder: Killer Klowns From Outer Space is a legitimately great and surprisingly effective movie.

Watched this yesterday as I was just in the right mood for something like this. It's not particularly scary or anything, but it's a fun cheesy B flick that pretty much delivers on the premise, which is quite a rarity with these kinds of movies. So yeah, definitely recommended.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

This sounds insane, and I want to see a news story about the "true story" it's based on. I had a lot of trouble even parsing the description, because on first read "Patriarch" seemed to refer to the jailed nazi leader, but that made no sense, so I think it's the dad of the black family that's kidnapped. And why don't movie studios have interns change the description of films so that they make sense, it's all user submitted.

tl;dr Probably not Trayvon Martin
I'm disappointed it's not about a former neo-nazi civil engineer, struggling with accepting his horrible legacy that he can do nothing to change short of bulldozing a whole suburb.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

schwenz posted:

White-supremacist gang leaders are a dime a dozen, but a Heavily Tattooed white-supremacist gang leader? Those guys will gently caress up your poo poo.

That's how you know they're serious.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

morestuff posted:

I honestly can't tell if these complaints are serious or not.

Some people just need a little help:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The News at 5 posted:

New poster for Whiplash:

Is this a Metallica documentary?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maybe he just retired, then :)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Distorted Kiwi posted:

I'm sure she had a lovely personality.

The star's name is literally pussy/oval office in Russian :allears:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Meatwave posted:

That Guardian's poster looks ridiculous, like something a 12 year old made by tracing over comic books. Let's just cram a bunch of poo poo in there so it looks cool on the back of my trapper keeper. Nevermind that the characters' most defining visual features are colors and textures. Hell yeah, I'm gonna put the Def Leppard logo on one side, and then see if I can fit Winger or Stryper on the other.

This must be your first Mondo poster, how cute :3:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I did wish everyone in Sideways to be terminated so maybe I'll get at least something out of this trainwreck.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good news, everyone! The verdict on our favorite trainwreck is in, and it's not a huge surprise:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^
Two and four blow, but all the others are at least decently entertaining. Six isn't quite as awesome as Five I thought, but still pretty good.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

effectual posted:

Is Die Hard a superhero movie too? What isn't a superhero movie?

Schindler's List... nope.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Woebin posted:

I never saw all of the X-Files originally so I'm working my way through it now, currently most of the way through season 6. Given how bad the first movie was I don't have high hopes for that one, but I'm excited to finish the original run and checking out the return.

When do people generally agree that the show took a dive? I definitely feel that S6 is lesser than the previous ones, but it's still pretty good.

Sorry for OT, here's a poster for a bad movie I have.

The first movie is pretty good, actually. Waaay better than the second one, by all accounts.

The move to LA definitely screws up the atmosphere but S6 is still quite good and there are some fantastic episodes. The next seasons with Robert Patrick are not bad, but I quit watching before they replaced Skully, supposedly it goes really off the rails.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stare-Out posted:

Oh wow, that's the movie! The cover I had was slightly different though and I can't seem to find it anywhere which is a shame because it was even more badass. The Finnish name for it was "Turpa kiinni, krokotiili" which literally means "Shut up, crocodile" :haw:

E:

A new French poster for the upcoming 2K restoration of the 80's action movie classic, PRE DA TOR

Oh wow, that's awesome, I had no idea they were doing this. Hopefully they'll do Commando next as well!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Spazzle posted:

A movie based on the shoe brand?
It's a sports movie about a team of underdogs, etc.

E: or a sex comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Has anyone saved the image? It was pretty sweet despite the misspelling but the tweet was nuked apparently.