Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"Dawn" and "Rise" are synonyms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
The next one will be Birth of the Planet of the Apes.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Well, there goes the planet neighborhood.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo, they really wanted that django cred. Notice how small the "executive producer" is though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The "executive producer" isn't really that small. It's also fun to imagine someone who feels something is off with his neighborhood and discovers the truth when looking at Google Maps.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Just based on the movies titles alone, you would think the 2011 movie should've been called Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and this one should have been Rise of The Planet of The Apes. Gotta dawn before you can rise in power.

I await Twilight of The Planet of The Apes where ape and man alike nukes everything to kill the psychic CHUDs. James Gunn directs.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Doctor Bishop posted:

That intersection could really benefit from a roundabout. Get with the times America.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Doctor Bishop posted:

Look it's really easy to accidentally do this in Simcity, alright?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

That intersection could really benefit from a roundabout. Get with the times America.

They've been putting a ton of roundabouts in around Minneapolis and they're great.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

The "executive producer" isn't really that small. It's also fun to imagine someone who feels something is off with his neighborhood and discovers the truth when looking at Google Maps.

This is based off Trayvon Martin case, isn't it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Young Freud posted:

This is based off Trayvon Martin case, isn't it?

"IMDB posted:

A just paroled white supremacist and his ruthless girlfriend kill a cop and take an African American family hostage. Meanwhile, Sobecki, the heavily-tattooed supremacist leader who oversees his criminal empire from behind bars, is not thrilled when he learns of his charge's screw-up. The patriarch of the family, an ornery ex-con himself, must rely on his wit and understanding of the racist mind to find a plan to free his family, but not before he confronts his own brand of bigotry and anger.

This sounds insane, and I want to see a news story about the "true story" it's based on. I had a lot of trouble even parsing the description, because on first read "Patriarch" seemed to refer to the jailed nazi leader, but that made no sense, so I think it's the dad of the black family that's kidnapped. And why don't movie studios have interns change the description of films so that they make sense, it's all user submitted.

tl;dr Probably not Trayvon Martin

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Yodzilla posted:

The music in the trailer is goddamn amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMoeKdPxdo

It's just as bland and predictable as I had hoped. :allears:

Okay, that's actually dumber than I had expected. I knew there would be an identity switch, but thought it would be "Crazy twin somehow swaps places with his psychiatrist brother and teaches him a valuable lesson about compassion, but not before having some fun with him" or some poo poo. Cue the old inmates in charge of the asylum wacka wacka shtick and everything falls into place from there.

Maybe even a little homage to Crazy People where the inmates show us how they can still be valuable contributors to society.

I wasn't expecting "The insane are completely unable to function in the real world because crazy is just another way of saying retarded." I bet there's even an hilarious scene where he has sex with his brother's wife and it totally won't be rape or anything.

Remember when everyone thought Brendan Fraser was going to be the next big thing?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Skwirl posted:

quote:

The patriarch of the family, an ornery ex-con himself, must rely on his wit and understanding of the racist mind to find a plan to free his family, but not before he confronts his own brand of bigotry and anger.

Am I reading this wrong or are they going for, "Black dad is an angry racist, too." Because, when you think about it, African Americans are just like neonazis :jerkbag:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gorilla Salad posted:

quote:

Am I reading this wrong or are they going for, "Black dad is an angry racist, too." Because, when you think about it, African Americans are just like neonazis :jerkbag:

Get Sam Jackson, he's already done a few movies like that.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Gorilla Salad posted:

Okay, that's actually dumber than I had expected. I knew there would be an identity switch, but thought it would be "Crazy twin somehow swaps places with his psychiatrist brother and teaches him a valuable lesson about compassion, but not before having some fun with him" or some poo poo. Cue the old inmates in charge of the asylum wacka wacka shtick and everything falls into place from there.

Maybe even a little homage to Crazy People where the inmates show us how they can still be valuable contributors to society.

I wasn't expecting "The insane are completely unable to function in the real world because crazy is just another way of saying retarded." I bet there's even an hilarious scene where he has sex with his brother's wife and it totally won't be rape or anything.

He's unable to function for exactly one scene before he gets how everything works ever. Including family life. Even though everything before the switch indicates he's supremely brain damaged.

The wife does tell him to come to bed but instead he just sleeps in the pool house.

There is no valuable lesson of compassion here. The psychiatrist brother merely meets a girl in the hospital that he 'accidentally' had admitted because his boss/her father faked the papers. Or something. Who knows.

She escapes with him and confronts her father after literally years of being trapped in a mental hospital. The father refuses to acknowledge her. This is good enough for her and now she feels like she has closure. Eh.

quote:

Remember when everyone thought Brendan Fraser was going to be the next big thing?

Fraser is fun though.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Doctor Bishop posted:

How does anyone get to their house? There are no walkways to the doors and everything's covered with hedges.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hedges, grass, what's the difference

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Gorilla Salad posted:

I just watched Blast from the Past the other day and was stunned to see that the guy that Brandon Fraser punches out in the swing nightclub is played by Nathan Fillion. It's a great movie.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

dantheman650 posted:

How does anyone get to their house? There are no walkways to the doors and everything's covered with hedges.

Also some of the sidewalks are about 20 feet wide, but only in odd patches.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Strange Matter posted:

I just watched Blast from the Past the other day and was stunned to see that the guy that Brandon Fraser punches out in the swing nightclub is played by Nathan Fillion. It's a great movie.

Christopher Walken and Sissy Spacek are great in it.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Skwirl posted:

This sounds insane, and I want to see a news story about the "true story" it's based on. I had a lot of trouble even parsing the description, because on first read "Patriarch" seemed to refer to the jailed nazi leader, but that made no sense, so I think it's the dad of the black family that's kidnapped. And why don't movie studios have interns change the description of films so that they make sense, it's all user submitted.

Clearly the true hero is the NAZI leader. Moral: not ALL NAZIs are bad guys.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

dantheman650 posted:

And they cut and pasted all the houses. On the bottom half, they have the exact same house pasted 4 times in the same block. This is terrible.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I find Brendan Fraser kind of endlessly likable in the way this video suggests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HEGgwgVok

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

I'm disappointed it's not about a former neo-nazi civil engineer, struggling with accepting his horrible legacy that he can do nothing to change short of bulldozing a whole suburb.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Pascallion posted:

TBH, I don't think the behind-bars Nazi gangleader is going to be a good guy. It sounds like that his dude and his girlfriend hosed up by killing a cop and now he's got to get them killed to cover up. So, it turns into the ex-con father (played by Danny Glover) has to join forces with the police officers on the scene and/or this neo-Nazi schlub and fight off a small army of Aryan Nations thugs.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
White-supremacist gang leaders are a dime a dozen, but a Heavily Tattooed white-supremacist gang leader? Those guys will gently caress up your poo poo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

schwenz posted:

White-supremacist gang leaders are a dime a dozen, but a Heavily Tattooed white-supremacist gang leader? Those guys will gently caress up your poo poo.

That's how you know they're serious.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Krispy Kareem posted:

On the bottom half, they have the exact same house pasted 4 times in the same block. This is terrible.

Have you been in a suburb lately?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Pascallion posted:

Say what you want about Hitler, but at least he killed Hitler.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Rob Liefeld's lovely Noah poster just showed up in my facebook feed. I guess it could be worse, at least he didn't have to draw anyone's feet. The complete lack of pouches makes me doubt its authenticity though.

Remember Noah? He's that Japanese fellow from the bible!

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
That's one mean-rear end giraffe right there.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Just Offscreen posted:

Have you been in a suburb lately?

There are differences!

Some of the houses have satellite dishes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

Rob Liefeld's lovely Noah poster just showed up in my facebook feed. I guess it could be worse, at least he didn't have to draw anyone's feet. The complete lack of pouches makes me doubt its authenticity though.

At no point does Russel Crowe look like that.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Krispy Kareem posted:

And they cut and pasted all the houses. On the bottom half, they have the exact same house pasted 4 times in the same block. This is terrible.

Jesus, the more I look at it the shittier it gets. Everything is so poorly composed. Just look at the row of grass on the left side that suddenly ends at the curb.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Illinois Smith posted:

HAHAHAHAHA He can't draw snakes!!

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
Ah, Noah, biblical figure noted for being accompanied by one of every animal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

muscles like this? posted:

At no point does Russel Crowe look like that.

At no point has Russsel Crowe EVER looked like that. At no point WIlL he ever look like that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

Incredibly loving awesome.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Liefeld is the 90s.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Desperado Bones posted:

HAHAHAHAHA He can't draw snakes!!

One would think if Rob Liefeld could draw anything it would be a creature that doesn't have feet, but evidently not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The giraffe popping its head into the picture reminds me of this: