Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Don't worry. I'm into hip-hop and even I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

I feel like most of these are flavor of the week artists and won't still be popular this time next year.

Post Malone broke the record set by Michael Jackson with Thriller for a song spending the longest time on the Billboard charts

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

What can I say, a lot of people have poo poo taste :haw:

Hey, Thriller is pretty good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This is technically a poster for a stage play, not a movie, but I'm gonna post it anyway

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Why is Cyborg there? he does the same "I used to do cool stuff with my human but now I have a robot body" shtick as Robotman, but in a way less interesting way.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Samuringa posted:

Minimalist posters get a lot of well-deserved poo poo, but I'm really fond of One Page Movie because at least it gives you some feel of what you're seeing

These are all terrible. The American History X one genuinely seems like a joke

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I Before E posted:

The Lebowski one and the Over The Top one are both pretty good, but so many of them are just so drab

The Over The Top one is the only one that manages to actually convey an emotion if you haven't seen the movie.

Although, I haven't Seen American History X. If there actually is a scene where a guy gets out of a shower and is just extremely confused, then fair enough that poster nailed it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bar Crow posted:

They claim fidelity to the comic for the freakish giant eyes then they pass on the rad giant butterfly knife.

she gets that later on, after the events the movie looks like it's gonna cover.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm guessing the Chinese Bumblebee poster is invoking designs from the 50's or 60's. Is there any point to that?

I guess China has movie poster hipsters too?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The guy did a movie about a farting corpse on which he played the farting corpse.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Renoistic posted:

Who in the world OK'd that Dumbo poster? It's unholy.

Who in the world OK'd a movie about a circus elephant? Did they have some kinda chart where they pinpointed 2019 as the last year where they can make money off it before a tipping point gets hit and people start seeing Dumbo as a child-friendly version of Blackfish?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is Jeffrey Wahlberg Mark's actually talented brother?

the reverse, Jeffrey Wahlberg did even more hate crimes than Mark

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This is never going to become less upsetting

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

not enough lightsabers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

John Shaft the third!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

we can all rest easy knowing that claude rains didnt live to see the invisible man in “doom patrol” and “the league of extraordinary gentlemen”

That's not the Invisible Man, that's Negative Man. He's a guy merged with some kind of radioactive alien ghost thing. The look is clearly inspired by the Invisible Man, but in Negative Man's case the bandages protect people around him from his radioactivity.

The Doom Patrol is actually pretty cool, the basic idea is that it's a group of heroes whose superpowers are also disabilities, and vice versa. They handle problems too weird for the Justice League. When the world is threatened by a painting that can observe the people observing it, when the Brotherhood of Dada wants to free everyone's mind with the bicycle that was ridden during the very first LSD trip, call in the Doom Patrol!

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 7, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

English language Gundam NT poster

It's a pretty big step down from the Japanese poster, imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

One more, they did a cross promotion poster with the latest Godzilla movie

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The first time I watched 28 Days Later it was at a friend's house who insisted that we skip the first scene. I didn't realize until later how much he had improved the movie for me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

he gave up and just taped a local theater company's performance of Man of La Mancha

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I remember Zootopia had all these animal-puns for Oscar contenders, with the exception of Spotlight. Is it that hard to eke a joke on a real-life drama about Catholic priest scandals?

They actually did have one for Spotlight but it got cut. It was full-on Thomas Nast style the pope as a child-eating crocodile, and I guess somebody decided that could offend people

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

New Detective Pikachu poster

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dillbag posted:

I think she has contractual obligations but has been successful in limiting the amount of time she has to be in the makeup chair, which IIRC is one of her biggest gripes about the role.

That makes sense, she had a lot more face bumps in First Class

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The depiction of Jeffrey Jones is 100% accurate.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm really curious to see how they're gonna make an even bigger piss drinking scene in the sequel. The first movie's piss drinking scene is pretty extensive, and they drink a lot of piss. I'm not sure how they're gonna top it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

To reiterate: the actual joke is basically a "eeeewwwww he peed in the pool!!!!" joke but with birds

Except that the pool is pee, and they swam in the pee, and drank the pee, and had pee splash fights, and spat streams of pee into each other's mouths

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Logan isn't that different, it's just sad. He even fights an evil clone of himself. But it's sad so you don't notice that that's just as silly as fighting a robot samurai

Like, it's way better than the other X-Men movies but it's still very much the same kind of movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The new Hellboy is almost at Lady Ghostbusters levels of pre-release anti-hype

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What else is there to Mignola beyond Hellboy and that Amazing Screw-On Head pilot?

Hellboy is a pretty big comic book universe. Which makes the new Hellboy movie an even worse choice. They should've done a BPRD or Lobster Johnson movie, and done a Hellboy cameo at the end. People would've gone crazy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Stare-Out posted:

That was/is a trend with lovely comedies. Eddie Murphy posters aren't unique in that regard. I feel like the marketing department was trying to warn us.

Fake edit: A challenge: Show me a poster of a "good" comedy from the past 20 years with the red-text-over-white-background. Bet you can't find one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm glad they've finally given Iron Heart her own distinctive costume. She isn't just small Iron Man anymore.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

And they're all Dreamworks-facing, too.

Doesn't Dreamworks Face require one raised eyebrow?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I think they were questioning your assumption that gay people under the age of 18 aren't allowed to have relationships

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I just found that Citizen Kane had a tagline, and now I'm genuinely annoyed that modern packaging and such omits it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_ posted:

The War On A Christmas Prince

The Christmas Prince Truce

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Guy Mann posted:

That's especially fun with effects-driven movies like Upstream Color and Monsters where the reason they cost almost nothing to make is because the people making them were able to do their own CGI on their own time for nothing.

Was there any CGI in Upstream Color? Was the flower in the swimming pool done with computers?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah but heroic sacrifice is, like, understandable. There's a level of emotional processing that helps distance the loss because it's an act with inherent meaning.

Everyone celebrating after the long fight and, uh, Clint getting loving shanked by a half-dead Thanos because he's not letting you get away clean is shocking. It's snatching away the victory and tainting it with loss. It refutes the hope of the situation with the grim reminder of death.

They did that in Avengers 2 and it was really stupid.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ariza posted:

What's a botl?

Not much what's a botl with you?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That's the future of independent movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION