Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Canadian Surf Club posted:

This was always my favourite, there's similar ones for the other characters. Bummer is I looked around online a bit but could never find it for sale.

No kidding, these are awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Madkal posted:

Well the I Spit on your Grave posters are....striking.

As for Dark Knight Rises I really like the building poster. Great use of perspective and imagery. Actually all the posters for the Batman films have been great. Really topnotch stuff.

They did gently caress one up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

There's no corner store at Six Mile and Ilene. Besides, Six Mile is called McNichols in the city. That poster sucks! :colbert:

I surveyed this road 2 months ago, he's right.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Renner is wasting no time. MI, Avengers, now Bourne franchises. Good for him

(I also like that poster)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

oldpainless posted:

It only just now occurs to me just how loving cheaply made Hulk Hogan's suit was in Suburban Commando. I thought it was an awesome suit when I was 11.

:cry: My childhood :cry:

"I WAS FROZEN TODAY"

It's ok, movie still owns. So was Thunder in Paradise.

(and 3 ninjas 3)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Captain Capacitor posted:

I think it'd be much better without the "Funniest movie you'll ever read" bit. Something appropriately cheesy would have been more suitable, I think.

I like it. Nice jab to the non-Spanish speaking general audience who'll need subtitles.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yeah, there's simply no way that any movie could've lived up to what's being depicted here.

Kinda hoping I can buy that as a poster for a gift because it is simply incredible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretty sure it was at the beginning and yeah the setup was insane. Like an 8 glass layer system. Truly awesome to see at work.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Max22 posted:

I've always liked Robert Pattinson, because he seemed to have a sense of humor about the Twilight films (which it was obvious he loving hated).

Him making Rupert Grint read the twilight books is the best thing ever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A true DiCaprio fan has appreciated him since Critters 3 :colbert: and knows Titanic was just a small film to give him exposure.

Speaking of, the re-released covers of Critters 3 with him in the cover are hilarious.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mierenneuker posted:

Well, Michael Caine has been quoted as saying the following about it: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

So don't feel too sorry for him :)

My favorite scene of that movie is that not only Caine lives (after being taken underwater in his water plane by the shark) but when he climbs to the boat at the very end he's completely dry.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rough Lobster posted:

No mars? If that means no triple titty tart, then gentlemen I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

We're at the dawn of being about to go see triple titty ladies in 3D. Don't gently caress this up Total Recall.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm willing to bet I can do those covers in photoshop in about an hour and the bulk of the hour would be downloading/installing photoshop. That's just so loving lazy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cobra Commander and GI Joe in the same movie? Directed by the guy who did Brothers Bloom?

Holy poo poo.

1stGear posted:

Octopi are also avid soccer fans.

gently caress Paul so much. Ruined the World Cup for me. (ok maybe it was Germany that ruined it but Paul didn't help)

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 7, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm instantly reminded of this:

This movie is a treasure (and only $5 in Amazon so no excuse to not owning it and making all your friends see it)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

A clean shirt isn't Bad rear end.

Takes a real badass to clean off blood stains and keep the shirt's color nice and vibrant.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Atasi posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren:
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

I can't believe how loving awesome this sounds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Soonmot posted:

All I can see is a toilet seat.

The subtext!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dissapointed Owl posted:

ie not like this

Are also: The Island.

All of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I Robot's was bad but it's nothing compared to this

Good product placement is hard to do but every now and then you get flawless integration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz5acPAKLZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jm6B31HKBw

Ok I'll shut up about product placement now

Here have a poster of a dapper as gently caress Bruce Willis doing his best Jason Statham in Transporter impression

Mierenneuker posted:

Product placement you say?

God I love Torque so much.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 20, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Will GI Joe have a Snake Eyes or Jinx poster? I'll buy those and that Cobra Commander one.

Here's all 8 character posters

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sockser posted:

Is it normal to be bothered that heads are cut off in nearly all of those?

This seems to be a new thing. Pretty sure most of the Jason Statham's Safe posters do the same thing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man and here I was going a good couple of years of successfully purging that scene/season from m head. gently caress.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pirahnaconda? Whoever the gently caress produces these movies must have played the gently caress out of Impossible Creatures.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

He didn't die in Troy.

Of course, he played Odysseus, so immediately after the story shown in the movie is done, he's in for one hell of a lovely 10 years.

Still think Troy should have ended in an unrelated sequel bait with someone going towards Odysseus and saying "so what are you going to do now?" then Sean Bean looks at the camera and winks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Connect Four one is loving awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wazzit posted:

Turns out the actual prints of the last few TDKR posters had a QR code that unlocked a Catwoman poster on the official website.

:argh: High Heels :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I love the ET one. Mainly because of that sunset shot during Halloween is gorgeous. The rest not so much.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HoldYourFire posted:

Holy gently caress Ving Rhames has the most ridiculous gun I've ever seen. It actually looks like an MG-42 with a load of crazy poo poo added to it.

"Hey, remember that one scene in The Expendables with the AA-12? Can we outdo that?"

"Like what, bigger explosions?"

"No, bigger gun" :clint:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stare-Out posted:

But seriously, James Cromwell in an action movie? Dude's ancient.

Old dude playing the sniper makes me hope they're just copying The End from MGS3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Die Laughing posted:

Eh...Not that impressive. I read comic books in the nineties.

That's what comic book movies have been missing: Rob Liefeld concept art.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uba Stij posted:

The second is for an upcoming movie my brother's highschool classmate is the producer/director for. In essence its a B-level horror/slasher film. I believe its actually hand drawn and not created via photoshop. I liked it due to its nod to the older slasher movies that came before it.

This has been posted before and it is indeed pretty awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uba Stij posted:

Ah I must have missed that, my mistake.

No worries, it's not like you posted this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Robert Denby posted:

To be fair, the first one came out a year before "Up in the Air", and I'd assume that like most actors in that series, she was contracted to appear in all of them. Plus, she's probably gotten a shitload of money out of it, given how much the budget for those movies inflated over time, plus the residuals these movies will get once they play on TV a billion times.

I think they were filming the second one while they filmed Up in The Air or close enough because I remember George Clooney making fun of her for being in Twilight. I'm pretty sure everyone involved with Twilight knows how terrible they are and just rolls with it. Especially Pattison. And I still have no loving clue how Dakota Fanning ended in them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is all I think of when saying or hearing "Taken 2" out loud

Holy poo poo I'm dying here.

Salastine posted:

In a surprise twist Liam Neeson gets taken instead.

I recall reading somewhere that this was a possible plot for the sequel but the trailer obviously dispels that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Young blood among the old crew and he's starting to get some bigger roles (he had some small gig in Hunger Games and I think his role will be bigger in the 2nd one). Also, am I blind or is Li not in the poster? Van Damme's flaming kick is :krad:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yodzilla posted:

I kind of like some of those but the more minimalist posters I see the more I start to think they're trying to hard to be overly clever and end up kind of boring. Also far too in-jokey.

Same here. Some are just ridiculous. I can't tell if I love or hate this one

The one for Heat I'm sure is the worst.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think he means the pick up speech Ed gives Shaun that ends "least it's not the end of the world" right as a zombie knocks on the door.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want to see all those movies more than I want to see TDKR and I'm inside the theater waiting for that to start in an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't wait to see how the actual posters / promotion for the movie goes after today's ridiculous news (Stewart cheated on Pattison with the director of Snow White and The Huntsman, got caught, so they just went ahead and released public statements apologizing :wtc: )